Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

19 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

Bit of advice for those new to Latitude - bring & wear insect repellent!  The mozzies are always hungry & lots of bitey, bitey things near the water, partner was bitten/stung by something awful & their leg properly swelled up🤮

given that I did 2008-2018 every year, I do wonder what i was doing right / wrong to not have been bitten [fingers crossed 🙏]. maybe also exuding cider and red wine helps.....?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, riverlodge said:

given that I did 2008-2018 every year, I do wonder what i was doing right / wrong to not have been bitten [fingers crossed 🙏]. maybe also exuding cider and red wine helps.

Okay, I not going to take any chances, I will ensure there is a good level of alcohol in my blood stream at all times 🍺🍹🍷🥂🍻🍸

• Upvote 1

Alcove stage day splits are now on the artist A-Z part of the website. To save you the hassle, I've compiled them here, along with my guess at running order (headliners first, we know them):

FRIDAY
Chubby & The Gang
PVA
Sinead O'Brien
The Cool Greenhouse
swim school
Wet Leg
VLURE
Powerplant
Gabby Rivers

SATURDAY
Joe Armon-Jones
Charlotte Jane
Joel Culpepper
Nayana IZ
El-EMCEE

SUNDAY
Liz Lawrence
Julia Bardo
Emily Burns
AVA Waves
ME REX
The Golden Dregs
Vanity Fairy
KYANOS

The new expanded poster also has 'We are Lady Parts' playing the Alcove. Presumably they'll be added to the otherwise short Saturday lineup.

Lat21_LineUp_JulyAnno_WebsiteExtended_FI

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
  • Upvote 5

6 hours ago, gfa said:

On this note - how are the queues and what is a good time to get there on the Thursday? Also cheers for the insect repellent tip.

I've only ever been in a campervan so can only give info on those fields - we always tend to arrive as early as we can, so around the 12 or 2pm marker depending upon what times they have advised they're opening gates - we have a 3/4 hour trip to get there.  Some years it's been nose to tail up through a few villages leading up to site other years it's been plain sailing, get off the road & a camper has broken down driving through the track which then leads to hours sat on site but in a queue 😅 no rhyme nor reason tbh.  Last Latitude (2019) they had pushed the CV fields back & looped the Van's around to another entrance & that was the smoothest entrance we've had to date, it a bit of a longer trek into the arena but much smoother getting in - actually just remembered 2018 a motorhome drove waaay too close to a tree, we heard a very loud screech of cracking plastic & a thick old branch went straight through their roof, this may have added to the field move as the new CV fields have fewer trees in 😅😅

It's all pretty jolly though, no Glasto sized queues!

4 hours ago, riverlodge said:

given that I did 2008-2018 every year, I do wonder what i was doing right / wrong to not have been bitten [fingers crossed 🙏]. maybe also exuding cider and red wine helps.....?

Lucky you 😅 one year we had mozzies in the bus & woke up bitten to shreds, another year I forgot to apply the repellent & headed into the arena, when I realised I accosted a mother with a pushchair because I was sure she'd have some - she did & very happily sprayed me up😁

• Upvote 1

Hey all.

Long time Glasto goer, first time Latitude goer. Hugely excited as I'm sure you all are.

Delighted to be able to give my kids another festival experience (2 and 4 year old) - looks like there's plenty for them to do and see.

Night-time wise, is it all mainly dance music or is there other stuff going on as well? Not that it matters, everything's a bonus this year!

Also, impressed there's a Co-op on site - is that usually well stocked? Thinking more for kids' breakfasts and snacks etc.

17 minutes ago, Stu H said:

Hey all.

Long time Glasto goer, first time Latitude goer. Hugely excited as I'm sure you all are.

Delighted to be able to give my kids another festival experience (2 and 4 year old) - looks like there's plenty for them to do and see.

Night-time wise, is it all mainly dance music or is there other stuff going on as well? Not that it matters, everything's a bonus this year!

Also, impressed there's a Co-op on site - is that usually well stocked? Thinking more for kids' breakfasts and snacks etc.

If its anything like the ones at other festivals, it has meal deals, snacks, bacon+ eggs etc. everything you could need.

Real question though is, does the Latitude one stock alcohol??

1 minute ago, gfa said:

If its anything like the ones at other festivals, it has meal deals, snacks, bacon+ eggs etc. everything you could need.

Real question though is, does the Latitude one stock alcohol??

yes - https://www.coop.co.uk/on-site-festival-stores/latitude-festival

Edited by Jacksamthompson
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Maybe some sort of last min special guest?

Damon Albarn added to saturday - on 6music now talking about it

Edit: Sunset set on the Waterfront Stage

Edited by evannn
more info
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

Would be great is he did a similar set list to one in below link 😊

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/damon-albarn/2021/worthy-farm-pilton-england-4b8ed71e.html

Cheers! Wonder what main stage thing it will be clashing with - probably inbetween Sea Girls and Rudimental

1 hour ago, Mr Boo said:

Would be great is he did a similar set list to one in below link 😊

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/damon-albarn/2021/worthy-farm-pilton-england-4b8ed71e.html

Some of this is on iPlayer - https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p09l0050/glastonbury-damon-albarn

Based on previous Waterfront stage special guests (Ben Folds in 2019 was just him and a piano) imagine it will be a similar stripped back kind of thing.

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Saturday is stacked - Friday and Sunday seem a little light atm.

Yeah and the Sat is already sold out for day tickets. Would have made much more sense to add Damon to the Sunday. Him and a piano would be much more appealing then. I predict a fair amount of people deserting his set once they realise he isn't going to light up their Saturday night with Blur/Gorillaz bangers. 

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

9 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah and the Sat is already sold out for day tickets. Would have made much more sense to add Damon to the Sunday. Him and a piano would be much more appealing then. I predict a fair amount of people deserting his set once they realise it's going to be light on Blur/Gorillaz bangers. 

Got a Wolf Alice day ticket and at the moment with I had have got a Chems ticket. Arlo Parks, Supergrass, Damon, Chems/Fontaines - what a day of music.

Hoping some more gets announced for the Friday, maybe an IDLES which would make it much more worth it but at the moment Declan McKenna and Mabel is a little disappointing as an undercard. Hot Chip would have been great if they didn't clash with Wolf Alice. Cannot wait for live music and Wolf Alices headline set but feel a tad short changed in comparison to the stacked Saturday lineup.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah and the Sat is already sold out for day tickets. Would have made much more sense to add Damon to the Sunday. Him and a piano would be much more appealing then. I predict a fair amount of people deserting his set once they realise he isn't going to light up their Saturday night with Blur/Gorillaz bangers. 

Maybe that’s the idea 😉 only choice would be to buy the full weekend ticket. 

Well it's been a few years since I've been on here...

Just wanted to say what an incredible weekend were all going to have! LIVE music like real LIVE music.

Feel like it's going to be the first REAL NORMAL I've experienced in the last 18 months.

CANNOT WAIT

Ps it's going to be boiling. 

• Like 2