Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

8 hours ago, km9 said:

The Alcove, which is a pretty small tent. I reckon it will be packed.

They were in the Woods somewhere in 2019,  one of the more open tents/stages.

22 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The 3D boys (Darren Emerson, Dave Seaman and Danny Howells) are playing.

Screenshot_20210705-090547.png

They played in 2019.... intended to head on over but stuff happened and the night progress led a different way 😁

16 hours ago, Havors said:

Well spotted! Great news. Sometimes 12am is just way too early haha 

Usually 3am... they start herding you out of the main arena at 3 for sure

7 minutes ago, copperbottom said:

It's going to be my first time, and so far I've only focused on the music - what have some of your best experiences outside of the music been, and what would you recommend? Very excited! 🙂

Go and see at least one comedian at the comedy arena, they always  have an excellent lineup and we've made some great discoveries too. Also I can definitely reccomend taking a walk at night to see the water projections over the lake, they're absolutely beautiful 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, copperbottom said:

It's going to be my first time, and so far I've only focused on the music - what have some of your best experiences outside of the music been, and what would you recommend? Very excited! 🙂

From 2019. Frank Turner talking about his podcast, Harry Baker doing poetry, stumbled on Huw Stephens talking to the founder of a record label run from a prison, Helen Sharman talking about being in space, Mark Kermode interviewing Richard Ayoade.

If you have some downtime just go and sit at The Speakeasy, always something interesting going on there.
Don't think Film and TV is happening this year (enclosed tent) but that is always good for interesting interviews.
You'll see The Waterfront stage as you come in and go over the bridge so always have a look at that.
Comedy is obviously great.
The Theatre tent is a little out the way so usually fairly quiet.
There are art workshops and exhibitions and things in the woods on both sides of the lake so check those out.

Just have a good look through the programme and go to anything that seems remotely interesting to you. The site is so small if you don't like it you can be at the opposite side in 10 minutes.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The Snuts, eh? Not paid them much attention but believe @Gnomicide is a fan?

Yep, the album is great if you like that sort of thing. That thing being indie rock. Decent tunes, imagine lots of singalongs, arms out wide, people singing the riff...

The sort of thing @CaledonianGonzo loves to take the piss out of.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The Snuts, eh? Not paid them much attention but believe @Gnomicide is a fan?

45 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Yep, the album is great if you like that sort of thing. That thing being indie rock. Decent tunes, imagine lots of singalongs, arms out wide, people singing the riff...

The sort of thing @CaledonianGonzo loves to take the piss out of.

I like Glasgow but I really don't like their other songs. Reckon I might be swayed by the live show? 

7 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I like Glasgow but I really don't like their other songs. Reckon I might be swayed by the live show? 

I saw them live before I'd heard anything by them and really enjoyed it.

But... if you don't like most of there stuff, perhaps not.

This is to a partisan audience...

59 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/exciting-new-updates-for-2021/?utm_campaign=lat21&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=222

New changes to the site - no Lake Stage (acts will be shared between Alcove and Sunrise) and Speakeasy has been changed into the Podcast tent instead 

Don't think the acts are shared across Alcove and Sunrise as they'd both have a pretty full schedule anyway. I'm reading that as we've lost the Lake Stage so there'll be a bit less music than in previous years. Maybe with some extra sets added around the site to make up for it slightly.

Big shame if so.

Edited by sam1981

I've only just had chance for a quick check on today's updated info:

My thoughts are that maybe the Lake Stage has been removed because it's a bit of a walk through area so they are maybe thinking if people were conscious about having a bit of space after living in a social distancing world that that area might be better served just as a walk way... just an idea based on nothing other than my brain 😉  plus the sound bleed from it was bloody atrocious! 

Waterfront Stage is still there though, where all the dance & opening show is - a must watch for any new comers!

Massive news for campervaners (of which I am one!) Weds at 2pm gates opening - it will do nothing about the queues as people will all just be arriving 24 hours earlier but I suppose it might take a bit of pressure off having all gates open at same time.

Bit of advice for those new to Latitude - bring & wear insect repellent!  The mozzies are always hungry & lots of bitey, bitey things near the water, partner was bitten/stung by something awful & their leg properly swelled up🤮

Can't wait🥰 🎭🎪🎵🎶🍸🐑🥳🕺💃🤸‍♀️🤸‍♂️🧡💛💚💙💜

• Upvote 4

Now, I'm not one for long term weather forecasts (and that scepticism still stands for any of the websites which claim exact location forecasts more than 5 days ahead), except for a bit of fun. However, an acquaintance of mine from back when I studied meteorology is now an expert in mid-to-long range weather trends, as indicated by the upper atmosphere and global teleconnections. Although the signal isn't amazingly strong, their model outputs and interpretations are suggesting a hot and dry week leading into and across Latitude weekend. 🤞

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DirtyLurker said:

Massive news for campervaners (of which I am one!) Weds at 2pm gates opening - it will do nothing about the queues as people will all just be arriving 24 hours earlier but I suppose it might take a bit of pressure off having all gates open at same time.

On this note - how are the queues and what is a good time to get there on the Thursday? Also cheers for the insect repellent tip.

11 hours ago, JHad said:

Now, I'm not one for long term weather forecasts (and that scepticism still stands for any of the websites which claim exact location forecasts more than 5 days ahead), except for a bit of fun. However, an acquaintance of mine from back when I studied meteorology is now an expert in mid-to-long range weather trends, as indicated by the upper atmosphere and global teleconnections. Although the signal isn't amazingly strong, their model outputs and interpretations are suggesting a hot and dry week leading into and across Latitude weekend. 🤞

Way too early predications to get me excited. Exactly what im here for. Love it

37 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Way too early predications to get me excited. Exactly what im here for. Love it

We had all the seasons in one day yesterday, rain then wind then sun which changed every 20 mins.. brutal

1 hour ago, Paul ™ said:

We had all the seasons in one day yesterday, rain then wind then sun which changed every 20 mins.. brutal

You'll forgive me for hoping we get the bad stuff out of the way now if it means better weather just before and during the festival. Hope it's all going well there though, there's 40,000 very excited people chomping at the bit...and I'm one of em