Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

43 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The 3D boys (Darren Emerson, Dave Seaman and Danny Howells) are playing.

Screenshot_20210705-090547.png

This looks like a "proper" (in the fest's branding) graphic, I wonder if there's going to be an announcement at 10am and these jumped the gun a bit?

Looks like there's going to be something called the Trailer Park stage, which this new act are playing at:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ4UgbDjmXr

If it's the same thing as at Electric Picnic, as their tag suggests, it sounds fun:

"a mobile-tropolis, a hamlet of absurdity that was born at Electric Picnic six years ago, and still shows little evidence of maturity: Several dozen creations are stuffed into caravans, horseboxes, mobile homes, and repurposed vehicles and displayed proudly by their owners with toothy grins. It is a creative greenhouse for artists to present large scale installations and for dreamers to be believed.

The main stage is a repurposed mobile home – the side has been removed, and the bands make best use of a bedroom, kitchen, lavatory and lounge to perform in. Among those taking to the stage (between noon till bedtime-for-insomniacs) are bands made for partiers"

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/trailer-park-line-here

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, evannn said:

This looks like a "proper" (in the fest's branding) graphic, I wonder if there's going to be an announcement at 10am and these jumped the gun a bit?

It's not new today, Dave Seaman first posted it a couple of days ago. But yeah we must be due another announcement soon - not long left! I'm not expecting any more big names, but some more little ones would be great.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The 3D boys (Darren Emerson, Dave Seaman and Danny Howells) are playing.

Screenshot_20210705-090547.png

Does anyone have any idea how late the after hours stuff goes on? My first time at latitude and i hate other festivals that literally shut everything at 12am. 

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

It's not new today, Dave Seaman first posted it a couple of days ago. But yeah we must be due another announcement soon - not long left! I'm not expecting any more big names, but some more little ones would be great.

Ah, good to know cheers.

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Does anyone have any idea how late the after hours stuff goes on? My first time at latitude and i hate other festivals that literally shut everything at 12am. 

It's either 2am or 3am (I think 3am, but can't remember for sure) - so not glastonbury, but there's usually a couple of live (mostly electronic) acts in the sunrise arena & solas, as well as a bunch of DJ sets scattered around

5 minutes ago, Havors said:

Don't worry, definitely not midnight. Usually plenty to do well into the night, possibly 2 or 3am? 

19 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

Did anyone catch yesterday on the beeb last night? Basically a two hour advert for latitude.  

Yeah, I hope the weather is as good as they had when they filmed that haha 

Our summer has gone awol for the past 5 weeks

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I was in a shop today and Shazammed an absolute banger. I was delighted in learn that it was Talks by PVA and they've gone straight to the must-see list. It was the Mura Masa remix but still, right up my street 

I think it was on this thread that I mentioned I saw them last week (although seated - I wanted to dance!). They've mutated into serious after-dark territory in the past 18 months. No idea where they'd play at Latitude (not been before), but would love to see them post-headliner.

10 minutes ago, harryy said:

Am curious in light of the restrictions ending what this means for the test event status? Surely if no rules - will they continue the route of test/vax and entry?

Yes, almost certainly.

Regardless of what the national rules are at the time, being a test event does give them a certain extra level of protection - such as a form of cancellation cover. It's what every event has been begging for all year so they'd be crazy to give that up.

14 minutes ago, harryy said:

Am curious in light of the restrictions ending what this means for the test event status? Surely if no rules - will they continue the route of test/vax and entry?

I'm pretty sure they've said they'll still make it a test event as the information will be invaluable to later summer festivals and for the 2022 season as well, also by the sounds of it most festivals will be doing testing/vax checks on entry anyways so it wouldn't make any difference 

3 hours ago, JHad said:

I think it was on this thread that I mentioned I saw them last week (although seated - I wanted to dance!). They've mutated into serious after-dark territory in the past 18 months. No idea where they'd play at Latitude (not been before), but would love to see them post-headliner.

The Alcove, which is a pretty small tent. I reckon it will be packed.