Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

Just wondering, what is there in terms of late night stuff? Are there dj tents or not really - i see theres the ABBA thing and buttoned down disco etc, which is great but after chemical brothers probably will be in a dj set kind of mood rather than singalong.

Also regarding additional acts, what kind of size can we expect to see? academy sized and smaller or could there be some decently big new additions coming?

31 minutes ago, gfa said:

Just wondering, what is there in terms of late night stuff? Are there dj tents or not really - i see theres the ABBA thing and buttoned down disco etc, which is great but after chemical brothers probably will be in a dj set kind of mood rather than singalong.

Also regarding additional acts, what kind of size can we expect to see? academy sized and smaller or could there be some decently big new additions coming?

It's been a few years since I was at Latitude but late night action was mostly in the woods with small areas dotted around, playing various forms of music. @DirtyLurkerhas put me onto Shack, who look like they're going to be right up my street. I'm with you, we'll be searching for something to keep the vibe going after the Chems. 

I really hope they add some more decent sized acts. Although I'm grateful for it going ahead, £226 is expensive for the lineup as it currently stands. Let's hope that FR don't try and improve their profit margins now they have certainty of going ahead... 😂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Comparing this year's announced line-up to 2019, there aren't really any vacant slots on the 3 main music stages (Obelisk, BBC Music, Sunrise) apart from late night on Sunrise, and those tend not be for larger acts (the Thom Yorke fiasco aside).  That leaves the smaller stages, and you'll only get bigger sized acts there if they are surprises (e.g. arriving in 2019 and reading the programme to find Frank Turner was first up Thursday on Solas.  Best kick-off to a festival ever).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, sedra said:

Yeah Ed Sheeran usually pops in - he came on in 2016 with someone I can’t remember in the BBC6 music tent

Foy Vance. He popped up to do a song with him. When they announced his name a lot of people outside the tent came sprinting in and then left after his song. I felt quite sorry for Vance but I’m sure he realised that would happen. 

Post headliner we have a wander - trying to avoid the bridges over the lake, one way herding systems for a around an hour! - wander around, keeping ears open, you'll usually hear a beat or a tune that perks you & peaks your interest 😉

Quite often from the most unexpected of tents/areas - the Film tent sometimes has banging electro drawing you in 🎶🎵

Shack (as @Supernintendo Chalmers said) always a winner for the full spectrum of electric filth, played on vinyl 😍 they're usually just past the Cabaret tent, in the Woods, hand built DJ box or Shack 😊  I'm a bit obsessed with them after stumbling upon them at Bestival quite a few years back😅

2 hours ago, gfa said:

• Upvote 1

Choo choo! All aboard the Latitude train!!

Another one sucked in by the prospect of a proper festival actually guaranteed to happen. Plus the lineup has quite a few acts I’m keen to see, big & small.

I’ve been once before, in 2011. Enjoyed it, even if it all felt a little sober & controlled for a festival. Can’t imagine too much will have changed?

I’m fine with a tent but some of my group keen on staying off site in a B&B or something. Has anyone done that before? Is it easy to get a taxi at 3am??

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Choo choo! All aboard the Latitude train!!

Another one sucked in by the prospect of a proper festival actually guaranteed to happen. Plus the lineup has quite a few acts I’m keen to see, big & small.

I’ve been once before, in 2011. Enjoyed it, even if it all felt a little sober & controlled for a festival. Can’t imagine too much will have changed?

I’m fine with a tent but some of my group keen on staying off site in a B&B or something. Has anyone done that before? Is it easy to get a taxi at 3am??

Choo choo! The Latitude train is the place to be this summer 😁

We were just discussing how different it may feel this year, we think the majority of the crowd will be regular Latitude attendees, which in itself is pretty pleasant, you're right it is quite sober & controlled atmosphere - think picnic blankets & relaxed family times😉 - but our thinking is this year is going to be the wild (in Latitude terms 😅) our absolute need to party will erupt as we hit the fields, dancing & singing!

Sorry I haven't any info on taxis or staying off site as we have a campervan - but I'm so ridiculously excited I had to comment 😅 it's usually our chill out festival but this year it's everything 💃🕺

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Choo choo! The Latitude train is the place to be this summer 😁

We were just discussing how different it may feel this year, we think the majority of the crowd will be regular Latitude attendees, which in itself is pretty pleasant, you're right it is quite sober & controlled atmosphere - think picnic blankets & relaxed family times😉 - but our thinking is this year is going to be the wild (in Latitude terms 😅) our absolute need to party will erupt as we hit the fields, dancing & singing!

Sorry I haven't any info on taxis or staying off site as we have a campervan - but I'm so ridiculously excited I had to comment 😅 it's usually our chill out festival but this year it's everything 💃🕺

This is my thinking. My usual interest in Latitude goes no further than checking the lineup out, but with options to party limited this summer i've ended up booking with a friend!

Must admit theres a lot more on the lineup than i originally expected from a Latitude lineup. As long as theres a few late night areas i'm sure ill be more than satisfied with whats on offer! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rseamer said:

Foy Vance. He popped up to do a song with him. When they announced his name a lot of people outside the tent came sprinting in and then left after his song. I felt quite sorry for Vance but I’m sure he realised that would happen. 

Yeah that was him - we were there to see him ( and get some shade) when Ed came on towards the end loads of girls rushed in from outside 

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

We always stay offsite at Glasto (easy to get taxis there) and we’ve got an Airbnb about 20 minutes walk away at Latitude. Half the walk is down the A12 so we’re going to have to taxi back at night. I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t simples. The FAQs specifically call out off-siters and how it’s no problem to get in and out as long as you show your test/vaccine result. 

Got myself a coach package with BigGreen Coaches to save the absolute ball-ache of travelling from Manchester. 

Just had a look on the Latitude website and it says that those travelling with BigGreen coaches get dropped off 'inside the gates'? Now i know those travelling via coach usually have their own shorter queue, but being dropped off inside the gate surely isn't right? If it is then i may even chance my luck and see if they'll drop me off at my chosen camping spot! 

15 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Got myself a coach package with BigGreen Coaches to save the absolute ball-ache of travelling from Manchester. 

Just had a look on the Latitude website and it says that those travelling with BigGreen coaches get dropped off 'inside the gates'? Now i know those travelling via coach usually have their own shorter queue, but being dropped off inside the gate surely isn't right? If it is then i may even chance my luck and see if they'll drop me off at my chosen camping spot! 

I suspect that it means inside the gates of Henham Park, rather than inside the campsites.

In 2018, it was ~5 minutes walk from the Coach Station to the nearest entry gate.

7 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I got a ticket. Turns out im working that weekend. Selling my ticket .... sike, im just gonna pull a sickie instead 😎

Also, when do they usually release stage times?

I really don't feel ready for this at all, i'm struggling to get back into that festival mindset 

Annoyingly they only announce stage times about a week before but if you go through previous years theyre very similar, usually headliners are 9:30-11pm and the music starts up about 12. The site is small enough to get from one stage to another so fortunately you might not get many clashes 

Part of me is struggling to comprehend its actually happening, especially after so many events have been moved for me this year but I feel once I'm there I'll get right back in the swing of it 

Edited by Chapple12345

On 6/27/2021 at 9:17 AM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's been a few years since I was at Latitude but late night action was mostly in the woods with small areas dotted around, playing various forms of music. @DirtyLurkerhas put me onto Shack, who look like they're going to be right up my street. I'm with you, we'll be searching for something to keep the vibe going after the Chems. 

I really hope they add some more decent sized acts. Although I'm grateful for it going ahead, £226 is expensive for the lineup as it currently stands. Let's hope that FR don't try and improve their profit margins now they have certainty of going ahead... 😂

On 6/27/2021 at 10:04 AM, Born in the fifties said:

Comparing this year's announced line-up to 2019, there aren't really any vacant slots on the 3 main music stages (Obelisk, BBC Music, Sunrise) apart from late night on Sunrise, and those tend not be for larger acts (the Thom Yorke fiasco aside).  That leaves the smaller stages, and you'll only get bigger sized acts there if they are surprises (e.g. arriving in 2019 and reading the programme to find Frank Turner was first up Thursday on Solas.  Best kick-off to a festival ever).

On 6/27/2021 at 10:49 AM, DirtyLurker said:

Post headliner we have a wander - trying to avoid the bridges over the lake, one way herding systems for a around an hour! - wander around, keeping ears open, you'll usually hear a beat or a tune that perks you & peaks your interest 😉

Quite often from the most unexpected of tents/areas - the Film tent sometimes has banging electro drawing you in 🎶🎵

Shack (as @Supernintendo Chalmers said) always a winner for the full spectrum of electric filth, played on vinyl 😍 they're usually just past the Cabaret tent, in the Woods, hand built DJ box or Shack 😊  I'm a bit obsessed with them after stumbling upon them at Bestival quite a few years back😅

Thanks all! very excited for Latitude and will 10000% be checking out Shack, theres some videos online and it looks good to me! Btw - when is sunset for latitude time of the year? will chems be fully in darkness if they start at half 9 or not until near the end.

seems its DNB on saturday for shack so that should be decent after chems although its probably my least favourite kind of electronic music. i'm sure if we don't like it we will find something else anyway hah

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

Thanks all! very excited for Latitude and will 10000% be checking out Shack, theres some videos online and it looks good to me! Btw - when is sunset for latitude time of the year? will chems be fully in darkness if they start at half 9 or not until near the end.

seems its DNB on saturday for shack so that should be decent after chems although its probably my least favourite kind of electronic music. i'm sure if we don't like it we will find something else anyway hah

Yeah, I'm not much of a DnB fan and Arlon (might have spelt his name wrong!) loves his DnB, I asked him once at Bestival where the filthy electro beats had gone - having wandered to find our crew leaving absolutely awesome funky tracks, returning to grimy DnB -  and he said back in the filthy electro beats record box, it's DnB for the rest of the night😅

Underworld played the same time slot that Chems are playing back in '19 and it was dusk ish when they started but by to set end fully dark.... all lasers & visuals come into their own before the halfway set point.

I'm in the process of trying to convince our extended crew to get tickets asap... they're stalling and boy will they be crying when it sells out!

I'm so stoked for this 🐑🎵🎶💃🤸‍♀️💙

Public Service Announcement:

I confused my Forest with my Woods 😅

Shack can usually be found in the Faraway Forest, which is same side of the lake as the Obelisk - Into The Woods is the other side of the lake, where the Sunrise stage is - if you've never been before none of my gibberish will make any sense anyway but it's a small enough site to easily find your way around😁

The map should be out on the app about a week before anyway😉

I'll take my over excited self offline now & try to calm down a bit😅

Just noticed this on the main website - most people probably do this anyway but I was planning on taking a wodge of cash so don't need to bother now:

The Hare Krishna car park peeps might lose a bit though.

Latitude 2021 Will Be Cashless

Latitude 2021 will be entirely cashless. You can use debit/credit cards or apps on your phone, such as Google Pay and Apple Pay. Cash won’t be accepted anywhere on site.

Edited by Copperface

40 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So its probably been asked before but i'm curious about which headliners people will be going to see?

Friday: Wolf Alice vs Hot Chip vs Dry Cleaning

Saturday Chemical Brothers vs Fontaines D.C. vs Black Honey

Sunday Bastille (+ Bombay Bicycle Club) vs Sons of Kemet vs Greentea Peng

Friday I think we'll end up at hot chip, although would be happy at either.

Saturday chemical brothers, no question.

Sunday we'll be at Bombay but not bastille.

• Upvote 1

I've been listening to a lot of tracks by artists I've never heard of to get an idea of who to see and who to avoid. Seems to be a lot of very similar singer/songwriter acts, who do nothing for me at all. 

Can anyone recommend any acts that I (we) might not have heard of that could be fun / interesting / exciting even?

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So its probably been asked before but i'm curious about which headliners people will be going to see?

Friday: Wolf Alice vs Hot Chip vs Dry Cleaning

Saturday Chemical Brothers vs Fontaines D.C. vs Black Honey

Sunday Bastille (+ Bombay Bicycle Club) vs Sons of Kemet vs Greentea Peng

Wolf Alice (quite annoyed about that almost certain Dry Cleaning clash); Chems; had assumed BBC but if they're not last then probably Greentea Peng

44 minutes ago, km9 said:

I've been listening to a lot of tracks by artists I've never heard of to get an idea of who to see and who to avoid. Seems to be a lot of very similar singer/songwriter acts, who do nothing for me at all. 

Can anyone recommend any acts that I (we) might not have heard of that could be fun / interesting / exciting even?

Working men's club if you've not listened to them?