Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It's a pretty chilled-out festival, really. Not a huge amount going on late-night, sporadic small stages dotted around the place, the wooded areas are a lot of fun to wander around at night. Lake swimming is a lovely bonus on a hot day. The comedy tent is a must.

Thanks. After something a little bit more lively but the pool of options is diminishing by the second...

May hold on for another week or so to hear a little more about Boomtowns event or Standon Calling before committing. 

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Thanks. After something a little bit more lively but the pool of options is diminishing by the second...

May hold on for another week or so to hear a little more about Boomtowns event or Standon Calling before committing. 

Fair one, I'm like you, would prefer a little more late-night action but beggars can't be choosers and I think this presents my only real chance for festival action, so I got a ticket earlier this week. It's also a five-hour drive, which is a mission but it'll be worth it. You might not want to wait too long, my thinking is as soon as they officially announce that it's a test event plus pay day, it'll soon sell out*

* Disclaimer: I do not work for Festival Republic 😀

7 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Fair one, I'm like you, would prefer a little more late-night action but beggars can't be choosers and I think this presents my only real chance for festival action, so I got a ticket earlier this week. It's also a five-hour drive, which is a mission but it'll be worth it. You might not want to wait too long, my thinking is as soon as they officially announce that it's a test event plus pay day, it'll soon sell out*

Good thing about Latitude is that big green coaches are doing return buses from Manchester so thats that issue dealt with. 

Part of me feels that the crowd this year may be slightly different at most festivals, with the majority of people attending because they're getting their festival fix over usual return attendees....

Ill see what my group is saying today. The Latitude lineup is certainly a lot easier to sell!

24 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I need to know about y not for definite but I don't think I'll be able to get that information first. I am 95% certain it's gone but really need official word! 

On 6/15/2021 at 9:19 AM, rseamer said:

Thinking a little bit off piste...... if they work with the government to make it another ‘test event’ they could go ahead even if there are restrictions after the 19th. Then they could legitimately require a negative test / vaccination status as long as they whop in a few scientists to monitor things 😂 They’d just have to give refunds to those who don’t want to participate or test positive. 

And at the time I said this as a bit of a joke 🤣 and now here we are!

On 6/21/2021 at 11:31 AM, chrisplowman said:

Friday is a full day.
Thursday is an evening of bits and pieces (saw Frank Turner do an acoustic set last time, Keith Allen will get drunk and play some tunes in The Alcove) and all the bars/food are open but nothing major usually.

Princefest is good fun on the Thursday too

Went for the first time in 2019 and didn't love it. Said then I probably wouldn't do it again, especially coming all the way from Cumbria. But with so many cancelling, I signed up a few weeks ago to steward it again. So glad I did now, definitely one of my better decisions. Just got to hope I'm not working when the Chemical Brothers are on

2 hours ago, stereodista said:

No mention so far of the Lake Stage, and what with that one being outside, can only assume it’ll feature?!

If you look under the Explore tab of the Lat website, The Lake Stage doesn't feature, and nor does Solas.  Both the Waterfront Stage and the Theatre are still there though, and nothing has yet been announced for those stages.  Make of that what you will! (and personally, I normally watch quite a bit on The Lake Stage, so will be disappointed if it ain't there).

Never been before, already have time off work but have some plans going into the Friday and starting on the Sunday that I’d need to reschedule. Wondering whether to do it so I get to another festival or just be confident in R&L going ahead due to FR running all the test events. 

2 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

I take it they have a few more bands to announce, looks like they havent got anything for the Lake Stage yet? When do we think we will get the rest of the line up / who do we think will get added. im hoping for sports team given that they were meant to be supporting supergrass. 

Seems certain there's a significant more to announce.

Looking at the numbers, I reckon that only the biggest 2 stages have a full lineup so far, and Solas/Lake/Waterfront/BBC Introducing are missing entirely - I can buy that they might cut things down for budget reasons, but surely not losing all 4 of those.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Seems certain there's a significant more to announce.

Looking at the numbers, I reckon that only the biggest 2 stages have a full lineup so far, and Solas/Lake/Waterfront/BBC Introducing are missing entirely - I can buy that they might cut things down for budget reasons, but surely not losing all 4 of those.

i was thinking that, but in the FAQs theyve said: 

Will The Festival Feel Different/Smaller/Less Than A Normal Latitude?

No! Once inside you will be able to enjoy the magic of the festival as normal.

Might be me wishful thinking, but i hope that means they keep all the stages. Im sure this announcement will push ticket sales so maybe last minute bits can be done. A lot of press will be looking at this event, im sure that they will want it to look tip top, then again budgets will be tight. 

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Went for the first time in 2019 and didn't love it. Said then I probably wouldn't do it again, especially coming all the way from Cumbria. But with so many cancelling, I signed up a few weeks ago to steward it again. So glad I did now, definitely one of my better decisions. Just got to hope I'm not working when the Chemical Brothers are on

What exactly didnt you like about it? Reluctant to buy a ticket for a festival that id never normally consider, but under the circumstances i think ive got take whatever i can get 

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Looks like I’ll take a punt if it is a test event.

Anybody who’s been tell me what to expect? Much going on late night? Family orientated or people there for a party? 

It's got both elements really. There is a large family area and you see plenty of parents with kids of all ages. You also get a lot of people there to party. It's nowhere near the same level as glasto but there are djs in the woods until the early hours and that can feel like a rave. They use the big comedy tent for button down disco or guilty pleasures which can be fun (although after however many years, I'm really bored of these). And there is caberet and if the lake stage is there that plays music till the early hours as well. I think some stuff goes through to 04.00 ish but haven't stayed out that long at latitude for a long time. There are groups of people on drugs if that's your thing. But you can avoid that and there will be kids making puppets out of cereal boxes. 

The main stage can definitely feel like daytrippers with their chairs set up and picnic blankets all through the day but if you make your way to the front you'll get atmosphere. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

i was thinking that, but in the FAQs theyve said: 

Will The Festival Feel Different/Smaller/Less Than A Normal Latitude?

No! Once inside you will be able to enjoy the magic of the festival as normal.

Might be me wishful thinking, but i hope that means they keep all the stages. Im sure this announcement will push ticket sales so maybe last minute bits can be done. A lot of press will be looking at this event, im sure that they will want it to look tip top, then again budgets will be tight. 

• Like 1

Whelp. Another one sucked in by the test event designation. Had a word with myself and I'd have been gutted if it went ahead and I wasn't there. So a ticket was bought.

Haven't been since 2015 - Portishead were incredible - so hoping a few things have changed, but won't hold my breath.