Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Thats entirely what it is, although it seems like Tramlines got it at least so thats something. I wonder if the Download thing was even profitable though honestly - only 10k with decent sized bands and incredibly generous alcohol rules

They (FR/LN) have said they took a heavy loss on it, even with the acts all playing for free.

The biggest problem with costs is going to be that they genuinely put it together in about a month.

Did anyone see the ministers response to the Events Research Programme question in parliament today?

If not you can watch it here https://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/c1050813-307c-4efa-9825-96f1d9a9e855?in=12:37:18

What I took from that is "We're not going to tell you anything unless it's bad news, until just before the 19th July," which is of course not helpful at all to most festivals - unless  you have inside info.

Edited by rseamer

29 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I can see why - a real pilot should take in real world conditions, so this should in theory allow Reading and Leeds to happen for example 

If all restrictions are lifted on the 19th, they shouldn't need to have tests. 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

And the fact they're setting up tests for after that date shows they've vastly overpromised what that will look like, at least where events are concerned 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

And the fact they're setting up tests for after that date shows they've vastly overpromised what that will look like, at least where events are concerned 

Are we looking at only test festivals to go ahead until the end of the season? 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

The wording of the government roadmap doesn't say all restrictions will be lifted on stage 4. It says they will be eased. (For example Covid certification or testing might still be in place).

So there could be further testing after Stage 4 to abolish all restrictions perhaps? A secret stage 5 perhaps?

This is the actual wording on the government website:

"We hope to reopen remaining premises, including nightclubs, and ease the restrictions on large events and performances that apply in Step 3. This will be subject to the results of a scientific Events Research Programme to test the outcome of certain pilot events through the spring and summer, where we will trial the use of testing and other techniques to cut the risk of infection. The same Events Research Programme will guide decisions on whether all limits can be removed on weddings and other life events."

4 minutes ago, thetime said:

Are we looking at only test festivals to go ahead until the end of the season? 

Honestly don't know- the ones end of July being real events could help for those maybe end of August into September but if they pull another stunt like waiting for months to produce the results then who knows 

This is why I'm going to do latitude if it does get that status despite the distance - I've got no faith or trust at all beyond that 

Edited by efcfanwirral

3 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

I see 60,000 now allowed into Wembley for Euro finals. Surely they can allow 40,000 of us to be in field for Latitude? 🤞

big crowds around europe for the euros, has not helped festivals I am afraid. Full capacity in Budapest(61k) for Hungry v Portugal and all the major festivals (sziget, balaton sound, volt) cancelled and not going ahead in 2021.

Football supporters certainly get the rub of the green with attending events.

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Honestly don't know- the ones end of July being real events could help for those maybe end of August into September but if they pull another stunt like waiting for months to produce the results then who knows 

This is why I'm going to do latitude if it does get that status despite the distance - I've got no faith or trust at all beyond that 

All the festivals I am going to are end of august and beyond, except y not which I am sure will be cancelled quite soon.

5 minutes ago, thetime said:

All the festivals I am going to are end of august and beyond, except y not which I am sure will be cancelled quite soon.

What have you got in the August and beyond times? I haven't seen lineups I like but I've got y not too, so I'm wondering if there's any I missed that I might like! 

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

What have you got in the August and beyond times? I haven't seen lineups I like but I've got y not too, so I'm wondering if there's any I missed that I might like! 

Neighbourhood for the sheds day, taking the daughter to reading festival and doing isle of wight festival end of Sept. Which is scaring me a bit, camping that close to Oct is not great. 🤣

Edited by thetime

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Neighbourhood for the sheds day, taking the daughter to reading festival and doing isle of wight festival end of Sept. Which is scaring me a bit, camping that close to Oct is not great. 🤣

Ha neighbourhood also- my local festival! I'd probably be doing that exact itinerary if I'd thought to get reading tickets and I'm not brave enough to do IOW this year for that exact reason!! 

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Ha neighbourhood also- my local festival! I'd probably be doing that exact itinerary if I'd thought to get reading tickets and I'm not brave enough to do IOW this year for that exact reason!! 

Yes bit of a mare with reading this year. Got tickets for Leeds, then realised I couldn't get time off so sold on ticketmaster through resell. 

Just started new job and I can now, so decided last night for reading tickets through the same route on ticketmaster resell. Pretty good service to be fair and painless. 

8 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Looking as if Melvin has confirmed this will be a test event with DCMS so its definitely going to happen even if the 19th doesn't doesn't ahead, I'd imagine we'll get official confirmation tomorrow 

That's great news!! I'd imagine that the last few tickets will fly out now. Do we think there'll be any more names added to the lineup?

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ahhh, tremendous! Maybe they're holding them back until they can make a definite announcement around it being a test event. Would be great to get something today...

No mention so far of the Lake Stage, and what with that one being outside, can only assume it’ll feature?!

25 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Looks like I’ll take a punt if it is a test event.

Anybody who’s been tell me what to expect? Much going on late night? Family orientated or people there for a party? 

It's a pretty chilled-out festival, really. Not a huge amount going on late-night, sporadic small stages dotted around the place, the wooded areas are a lot of fun to wander around at night. Lake swimming is a lovely bonus on a hot day. The comedy tent is a must.

• Upvote 1