Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

5 minutes ago, Copperface said:

What is the score with these tests events? Is there an extra outlay for the pre and post tests and subsequent analysis on top of the ticket price?

All seems a bit vague from what I have read. 

Tempted to have a punt but too much potential arsing around (plus that pig of a drive to Henham) is stopping me at the moment......

Not from what I have read. I think if its Latitude it will be the full 40k capacity as a trial. 

The testing is free as you are part of the pilot and the research is invaluable 

On 6/15/2021 at 9:19 AM, rseamer said:

Thinking a little bit off piste...... if they work with the government to make it another ‘test event’ they could go ahead even if there are restrictions after the 19th. Then they could legitimately require a negative test / vaccination status as long as they whop in a few scientists to monitor things 😂 They’d just have to give refunds to those who don’t want to participate or test positive. 

Given the Kendal announcement, my suggestion here is now not sounding so off piste! 

34 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I feel bad for the kendal calling crew, that is a tough break. I think that reading between the lines of their statement and the latitude statement that latitude is the test event that was chosen. 

Yeah it’s terrible for them. The fact the government haven’t published the guidance and are looking at further test events suggests that not all restrictions will be eased on July 19th for festivals. 

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Right so looks like it's Latitude for me then 

Couple of questions:

Is it a full day of music on the Friday? Or just evening?

Does anything happen on the Thursday? 

We're coming from so far away that we'll need to stay the night before just not sure which day to do that! 

Friday is a full day.
Thursday is an evening of bits and pieces (saw Frank Turner do an acoustic set last time, Keith Allen will get drunk and play some tunes in The Alcove) and all the bars/food are open but nothing major usually.

1 hour ago, chrisplowman said:

Friday is a full day.
Thursday is an evening of bits and pieces (saw Frank Turner do an acoustic set last time, Keith Allen will get drunk and play some tunes in The Alcove) and all the bars/food are open but nothing major usually.

Excellent thanks a lot! We love the Thursdays at festivals as they're like a holiday day, plus don't like having to rush to set up ahead of the music on a Friday so will plan to do the journey the Wednesday and stay somewhere that night ahead of going in on the Thursday!

Edited by efcfanwirral

Melvin has said despite speculation Latitude has not yet been made part of the ERP. Possibly he’s doing a bit of lobbying here, whipping up expectation to twist some ministers arms.

’Meanwhile the same site is saying Tramline IS part of it.

https://accessaa.co.uk/melvin-benn-tells-access-he-is-very-confident-latitude-festival-will-go-ahead/

2 hours ago, mikegday said:

Melvin has said despite speculation Latitude has not yet been made part of the ERP. Possibly he’s doing a bit of lobbying here, whipping up expectation to twist some ministers arms.

’Meanwhile the same site is saying Tramline IS part of it.

https://accessaa.co.uk/melvin-benn-tells-access-he-is-very-confident-latitude-festival-will-go-ahead/

Interesting. Melvin just trying to blow smoke up peoples arses then?

I cant see them running two pilot events on the same weekend? However, tramlines is non camping and latitude is... so who knows? 

10 minutes ago, Havors said:

I cant see them running two pilot events on the same weekend? However, tramlines is non camping and latitude is... so who knows? 

Can't see why they wouldn't run two. They've done it with non-festival events, I've lost track how many sporting events are running simultaneously over the next month or so.

Ultimately - if Kendal Calling have been rejected, and have already been told so, then Latitude knows either way by now regardless of what Melvin says in public.

9 minutes ago, Havors said:

It says ‘he hoped to hear this week whether the application was successful’. I reckon it will with one being a camping and one being a non camping. His confidence is probably to try and swing the boat in the favourable direction. 

Reckon we will hear this week it’s Tramlines and Latitude (one in the North, one in the South). FR and Benns part in other events should mean FR events in the UK will happen. 

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Can't see why they wouldn't run two. They've done it with non-festival events, I've lost track how many sporting events are running simultaneously over the next month or so.

Ultimately - if Kendal Calling have been rejected, and have already been told so, then Latitude knows either way by now regardless of what Melvin says in public.

Unless the ones that have been rejected have been told and some are in play to be chosen are waiting… but yeah I reckon they will know and if we don’t know by the end of the week then it’s a good chance they aren’t part of the scheme. 

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

Unless the ones that have been rejected have been told and some are in play to be chosen are waiting… but yeah I reckon they will know and if we don’t know by the end of the week then it’s a good chance they aren’t part of the scheme. 

Yeah it's quite possible that there's still some contractual details to be finalised, or a shortlist of 2 from 3 or something.

But at this point I'd be genuinely shocked if Latitude isn't confirmed as one of them within the next 10 days or so.

3 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Reckon we will hear this week it’s Tramlines and Latitude (one in the North, one in the South). FR and Benns part in other events should mean FR events in the UK will happen. 

Yeah I can see this being the case, especially as they're both different settings (camping v no camping) and also similar capacities (30K-40K)

36 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah thats a good point. 

8 hours ago, Havors said:

Not from what I have read. I think if its Latitude it will be the full 40k capacity as a trial. 

The testing is free as you are part of the pilot and the research is invaluable 

Caved in and bought ticket. Might be the only festival I get to this year if it goes ahead. EoTR in the balance .

If it gets binned though I've got a festival overload in 2022 with rolled over events.......

20 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Caved in and bought ticket. Might be the only festival I get to this year if it goes ahead. EoTR in the balance .

If it gets binned though I've got a festival overload in 2022 with rolled over events.......

Yep got tickets yesterday. Really hope this happens 🤞

• Like 1

The Facebook comments on their page are really interesting- a lot of "just leave it it's too dangerous" types. 

http://newsofthesouth.com/melvin-benn-tells-access-he-is-cofident-latitude-festival-will-go-ahead/ - reading this I'm back to thinking he's bullshitting to sell tickets as they released the lineup too late 😂. Hoping they do get selected though, but I do feel sorry for the others that don't as that's it for them at that point 

Edited by efcfanwirral

13 hours ago, Copperface said:

Sums up my thinking too.  I've got tx for 3 festivals after Lat, including GM and EOTR, but given Bozo's unerring ability to take the wrong decisions and f*ck things up for everyone, and that I'm desperate to see some live music again, you have to go for the one festival that seems to be most likely to happen, particularly as it actually has a number of bands I can't wait to see / see again.

Just now, gfa said:

Truck just cancelled which was the obvious competition with latitude for test event status. waiting for confirmation before getting a ticket.

Same. Feel bad for these other festivals and I'm very uneasy with the big corporation getting it just because of the endemic corruption and hatred of small business in the country but got to think of the wider industry needing the support 

• Like 1

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Same. Feel bad for these other festivals and I'm very uneasy with the big corporation getting it just because of the endemic corruption and hatred of small business in the country but got to think of the wider industry needing the support 

Thats entirely what it is, although it seems like Tramlines got it at least so thats something. I wonder if the Download thing was even profitable though honestly - only 10k with decent sized bands and incredibly generous alcohol rules