Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

9 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/will-latitude-festival-2021-go-ahead-8065770

Straight from the horses mouth, looks as if the government are potentially going to underwrite festivals if they need to cancel. I'm thinking we might get a little update today and potentially further announcements into next week such as lineup and day splits as a 'one month to go' sort of thing 

You’ve got to hand it to Melvin - while other festivals have been passively accepting what the government says and hoping for insurance to be offered, he’s spent the last year pushing and pushing. Right back to late spring last year he was talking about his Full Capacity plan when others were just happy to settle for socially distanced gigs. And he’s right in there with the test events. If he pulls off Latitude he’ll deserve an award. 

Edited by Mackem
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

As Melvin’s been running the test events for the govt, I wonder whether he’s been given assurances that if restrictions are extended past the 19th July that he will be allowed to go ahead with Latitude and run it as another test event. He must have been given some pretty strong assurances to be planning to press ahead given they would have to start setting up before the next review on restrictions…

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

Who else would we like to see added? I'm hoping for Celeste, DMAs and Supergrass 

Also do we know when the announcement is meant to be? 

Melvin just said today for additions and splits, hopefully soon! 

Hoping for black midi, self esteem, lazarus kane, Kelly lee Owens…

3 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Who else would we like to see added? I'm hoping for Celeste, DMAs and Supergrass 

Also do we know when the announcement is meant to be? 

Supergrass would be incredible! I'm optimistic myself for Django Django, LUMP, Honne, Black Honey, Villagers, Sleaford Mods and Everything Everything, Jade Bird, YONAKA, The Go! Team and Josienne Clarke... Here's to hoping!

Edited by WMWMOfficial

1 minute ago, Chapple12345 said:

The biggest upset for me here is the fact that Wolf Alice and Hot Chip will obviously collide 😭 Apart from that, the rest of the line-up works incredibly smoothly for me 😍

5 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

The biggest upset for me here is the fact that Wolf Alice and Hot Chip will obviously collide 😭 Apart from that, the rest of the line-up works incredibly smoothly for me 😍

They deleted the original tweet so here it is again 

I'm fairly happy with the splits, should work well for me, might try and catch half and half of Chems and Fontaines 

There could be a chance that Fontaines don't clash with Chems? Like in 2019, Stereophonics were the headliner on main, and Everything Everything on second but they didn't clash because Underworld was on after. If Rudimental play after Chems then hopefully you should be able to get to see both. You'd have to be on your fucking toes to make it though and maybe leave / arrive a song early or late.

1 hour ago, Miyn said:

There could be a chance that Fontaines don't clash with Chems? Like in 2019, Stereophonics were the headliner on main, and Everything Everything on second but they didn't clash because Underworld was on after. If Rudimental play after Chems then hopefully you should be able to get to see both. You'd have to be on your fucking toes to make it though and maybe leave / arrive a song early or late.

Good chance i reckon, as rudimental seem to be closing the stage.

18 hours ago, zahidf said:

Good chance i reckon, as rudimental seem to be closing the stage.

I'm not 100% sure, the festival has an 11pm curfew on the main stages and the Chems would probably have a 90 minute slot meaning they'd start at 8pm in broad daylight which wouldn't really suit their show, I'd imagine they'd sub the stage beforehand 

3 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I'm not 100% sure, the festival has an 11pm curfew on the main stages and the Chems would probably have a 90 minute slot meaning they'd start at 8pm in broad daylight which wouldn't really suit their show, I'd imagine they'd sub the stage beforehand 

Uplifting drum & bass hitmakers and one of the best live bands around Rudimental play the main stage before The Chemical Brothers on Saturday night. Feelgood hands-in-the-air vibes are guaranteed with the band’s message of unity more powerful than ever before.

https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/your-next-2021-music-and-arts-announcement-is-here/

3 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Uplifting drum & bass hitmakers and one of the best live bands around Rudimental play the main stage before The Chemical Brothers on Saturday night. Feelgood hands-in-the-air vibes are guaranteed with the band’s message of unity more powerful than ever before.

https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/your-next-2021-music-and-arts-announcement-is-here/

Ahh thank you for pointing this to me, I hadn't checked - should be a a great start to the evening 🙂

I'm pretty sure the names on the day splits aren't the running order except the first few names on the main stage, and the headliners on the other two stages. Like if you look at the running order for the second stage, except for the headliner it's in alphabetical order, same kind of thing with the main stage although it has more names in the correct order.

7 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the government allows most of them to go ahead as test events, wouldn't that mean they wouldn't have to dish out on cancellation insurance if they don't go ahead on the 19th? 

I think they do insure these events, but it'd mean they can pick and choose some to happen and leave the others to their own risk, instead of blanket insuring everything 

I'm just wondering where it might leave specifically y not or kendal as I've ended up with tickets for both (preferred y not and know I can sell kendal if both happen), but also truck, Tramlines etc in the subsequent weeks. 

If those later ones are cancelled, which i assume would happen immediately if they're not chosen as test events, I'd probably try to get to Latitude 

Edited by efcfanwirral

What is the score with these tests events? Is there an extra outlay for the pre and post tests and subsequent analysis on top of the ticket price?

All seems a bit vague from what I have read. 

Tempted to have a punt but too much potential arsing around (plus that pig of a drive to Henham) is stopping me at the moment......