Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

What is this Cinch thing? Never heard of it before yesterday cause they are involved with TRNSMT too now ''cinch presents trnsmt'. Never heard of them/it before.

Used car dealer.

Apparently the deal covers 5 LN events in total.

Decent lineup considering the situation. This'll be my first ever Latitude so I'm looking forward to exploring all of the stages. Chems on Saturday night is a big win, hopefully Hot Chip won't be on at the same time (like they were at Glasto last time), throw in Working Men's Club, Squid, some comedy etc and I'm happy.

Also, Lynks on the main stage will be a riot.

9 minutes ago, DJ Cull said:

Decent lineup considering the situation. This'll be my first ever Latitude so I'm looking forward to exploring all of the stages. Chems on Saturday night is a big win, hopefully Hot Chip won't be on at the same time (like they were at Glasto last time), throw in Working Men's Club, Squid, some comedy etc and I'm happy.

Also, Lynks on the main stage will be a riot.

You’re in luck, Hot Chip playing Standon Calling on the Saturday, so they’ll be Friday/Sunday.

The smaller stages are worth checking out, and there are often music acts in some of the other areas like solas, cabaret, music & film etc. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Havors said:

Just hope it goes ahead as im suppose to be working it with Oxfam. Im 50/50 that it will happen at the moment 😞 

I think given the amount of unrecoverable costs they must be incurring by now, Melvin must have had some unofficial nod from his involvement in the ERP that it'll be allowed.

We're now near enough exactly 8 weeks from the gates opening, so presumably they're not far off starting the build or at least the early on site prep work. I think at this point, the only way it gets cancelled is if the Government or LA outright say it can't happen - even if there's new/unexpected restrictions put in place then FR will try to work within them as to cancel at this point would almost certainly cost them more.

32 minutes ago, incident said:

I think given the amount of unrecoverable costs they must be incurring by now, Melvin must have had some unofficial nod from his involvement in the ERP that it'll be allowed.

We're now near enough exactly 8 weeks from the gates opening, so presumably they're not far off starting the build or at least the early on site prep work. I think at this point, the only way it gets cancelled is if the Government or LA outright say it can't happen - even if there's new/unexpected restrictions put in place then FR will try to work within them as to cancel at this point would almost certainly cost them more.

I think it all boils down to how this variant stuff pans out over the next 2 weeks. If that proves to be nothing to worry about then I think its likely to go ahead. I am confident the Download pilot will be a success and be a final ok to proceed. 

Latitude is only relatively small and could be set up in just a few weeks. We are just speculating though.

2 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Made a playlist dedicated to all the acts performing at Latitude 2021 if anyone is undecided and fancies taking a listen to all the artists in one place 😄 

Great job! TVM @WMWMOfficial

Edited by Mackem
  • Like 1

I'm over the flipping moon!

We do Latitude every year regardless of line-up - but yes CHEMS! they were the last live act I saw before this shit happened so only fitting that they headline my 1st festival back.

Shack have self confirmed over on Insta that they'll be back in the Forest, so happy days, add the that the always stellar comedy line-up.

Bring it on 🎵🎶🎉🥳

8 hours ago, evannn said:

You’re in luck, Hot Chip playing Standon Calling on the Saturday, so they’ll be Friday/Sunday.

The smaller stages are worth checking out, and there are often music acts in some of the other areas like solas, cabaret, music & film etc. 

...and Fontaines DC are playing Truck on the Friday so Hot Chip should be Sunday

I find it genuinely impressive how out of the 4 acts announced beforehand only 1 is actually appearing 😂 definitely not complaining though, the new acts announced are right up my street, although I think the festival might not announce any acts a year away from the festival anymore  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, DJL said:

...and Fontaines DC are playing Truck on the Friday so Hot Chip should be Sunday

If fontaines d.c are at truck on Friday they can only be at latitude Saturday or Sunday. 

If hot chip are at Standon calling on Saturday they can only be at latitude on Friday or Sunday. 

So, I don't think that rules hot chip out of the Friday unfortunately. 

I think most likely would be hot chip Friday and fontaines d.c on Sunday. 

I notice BBC are on the same bill at truck on the Friday and they are at latitude on the Sunday. 

If so that hot chip/ wolf Alice clash will be a killer. 

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is this in danger? 2 week delay to reopening apparently... 

At the moment there's lots of uncertainty and over the weekend I've seen various sources all claiming different things so I'd always take it with a pinch of salt. If it were a guaranteed 2 week delay they'd plough ahead still but if not I think they'd have to consider other options as Melvin is adamant the festival will happen 

15 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

At the moment there's lots of uncertainty and over the weekend I've seen various sources all claiming different things so I'd always take it with a pinch of salt. If it were a guaranteed 2 week delay they'd plough ahead still but if not I think they'd have to consider other options as Melvin is adamant the festival will happen 

Think this is a gonner. Press saying a 2-4 week delay depending on the circumstances.