Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

On 4/19/2021 at 11:04 AM, Mackem said:

image.thumb.jpeg.276a8fead14d64978a83876cf12446c6.jpeg

Some interesting use of language in this statement.

Particularly the bit about "the Prime Minister's roadmap of June 21st when he is promising that we will be able to open."

I don't think the Prime Minister has ever promised that publicly has he?

The government has said that the date will be June 21st earliest (rather than actual) and that they hope to be in a position to remove all social contact (rather than will) and hope to ease the restrictions on large events (rather than will - and even then they are only talking about easing restrictions, so there still could and more than likely will be some restrictions in pace). So lots of caveats.

So I think Melvin is twisting things a little here.

4 hours ago, rseamer said:

Particularly the bit about "the Prime Minister's roadmap of June 21st when he is promising that we will be able to open."

The government has said that the date will be June 21st earliest (rather than actual) and that they hope to be in a position to remove all social contact (rather than will) and hope to ease the restrictions on large events (rather than will - and even then they are only talking about easing restrictions, so there still could and more than likely will be some restrictions in pace). So lots of caveats.

Melvin here has proved as usual he's full of shit. Boris has never promised anything.

8 hours ago, rseamer said:

Sorry I meant "The government has said that the date will be June 21st earliest (rather than actual( and that they hope to be in a position to remove all legal limits on social contact....."

On 4/19/2021 at 12:17 PM, Chapple12345 said:

I think they're planning a move to September but want to see the results first which is entirely fair enough, perhaps we might get just the headliners soon and then the rest later on 

Honestly, it better be September if they ARE planning to move it! I have a lot of gigs booked around then and depending IF they go ahead, I don't want to have to cancel Latitude for that 😞

Tramlines (same weekend) has announced Royal Blood, Richard Ashcroft and The Streets to headline, any chance of them? Also likely to appear from it are DMAs, Pale Waves, Little Simz, Mahalia, Tom Walker and maybe Dizzee Rascal, hopefully this weekends trial all goes well and then we’ll have more information soon after 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Rumours keep circulating at the 'other place' that its been cancelled. Which, if true, is a bit shitty that you can still buy tickets. But......what with the PR disasters of the past with Latitude, it would not be much of a surprise....

Neil, if you are reading this, have you heard anything?

2 hours ago, retromoz said:

Rumours keep circulating at the 'other place' that its been cancelled. Which, if true, is a bit shitty that you can still buy tickets. But......what with the PR disasters of the past with Latitude, it would not be much of a surprise....

Neil, if you are reading this, have you heard anything?

I don't actually know what the other place is, but Latitude did post the following response to someone on their facebook page on Wednesday:

"Latitude is still scheduled to go ahead this July and we look forward to sharing our plans for the festival, including line up news in the coming weeks. In the meantime we’d like to thank you for your continued patience."

So who knows. That statement is a bit non-committal for my liking, and I do think that having failed to announce the lineup on April 19th (as had been promised) with the reason given that they wanted to wait until after the Blossoms Liverpool test event, they really should have provided a further update by now even if it's just to say "we're still looking at the data".

2 hours ago, incident said:

I don't actually know what the other place is, but Latitude did post the following response to someone on their facebook page on Wednesday:

"Latitude is still scheduled to go ahead this July and we look forward to sharing our plans for the festival, including line up news in the coming weeks. In the meantime we’d like to thank you for your continued patience."

So who knows. That statement is a bit non-committal for my liking, and I do think that having failed to announce the lineup on April 19th (as had been promised) with the reason given that they wanted to wait until after the Blossoms Liverpool test event, they really should have provided a further update by now even if it's just to say "we're still looking at the data".

I think they are waiting for some results to be published from the event and I also think there are no acts left for them to book because other festivals have booked them all up 🙂 and 99% are british acts. 

I quite expect it to be cancelled pretty soon. Which is shit because im meant to be going with oxfam. 

5 hours ago, Havors said:

I think they are waiting for some results to be published from the event and I also think there are no acts left for them to book because other festivals have booked them all up 🙂 and 99% are british acts. 

I quite expect it to be cancelled pretty soon. Which is shit because im meant to be going with oxfam. 

Yeah that June event alone will put pay to this plus mostly the rest of July.

They themselves know it's coming but it's just that waiting game.

1 hour ago, harryy said:

nice spot - they must have some confidence ?

Exactly, I think they hoped to have greater confidence by now but the trials have proved successful so there’s little to no reason to not push ahead. I’m hoping they’lll announce for Friday as most people will be getting paid over the next week so seems a sensible time to do it 

• Like 1

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com

An Update From Melvin
Dear Latitude friends. 

I promised to update you on the line up announcement as soon as possible and that time has come. As you will have seen from some press reports, the Government’s Event Research Programme (ERP) has been operational for much of this month and has now concluded. I produced one of the shows; The Sefton Park Pilot. It totally confirmed what was missing in my life at the moment: the joy of being in a field with like-minded people enjoying music and life. Unconfirmed reports suggest, that of the 58,000 people that attended pilot/test events, only 15 cases of infections were reported. While I cannot confirm that, I can confirm that to a very large extent, the 6,100 ticket buyers at the Sefton Park show had reported cases proportionate to those numbers despite almost every attendee being under the age profile of being offered vaccines. I believe it was a massive success and demonstrated there is a way to produce festivals in a Covid safe manner. 

You may also have just seen our exciting news that we will be running a second pilot show event for them, this time a 10,000 person camping event at Donington Park,  as part of the second phase of the ERP. I see this as confirmation that they believe in the June 21st date just as much as the Prime Minister does and just as much as I do. That’s also why I today have the confidence to talk about our new headline partner, cinch. cinch believes that Latitude can happen this year just as much as I do and to that end I will be releasing the line up tomorrow at 10am. The summer is coming. 😊

Melvin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I should try and lower my expectations... because I'm still doubtful it will happen... but I'm very happy we get a lineup and can start the listening in preparation. I really don't care what bands are there it'll be a fun time. Comedy,  theatre,  live music,  drinks with friends, late night dancing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

but I'm very happy we get a lineup and can start the listening in preparation. I really don't care what bands are there it'll be a fun time. Comedy,  theatre,  live music,  drinks with friends, late night dancing. 

I'm feeling the exact same.

In terms of acts I'd love to see Wolf Alice, Foals, London Grammar, Chemical Brothers, Madness, The Specials, Celeste and Blossoms added but I'll take anyone at this rate

• Like 2

Act wise, and with who I've seen releasing tours these last few days/weeks/months, I'm calling (NOT EVERYONE, just possibilities):

Gorillaz (LONG SHOT GUESS, BUT HOPEFUL), Chemical Brothers, Wolf Alice, Daði Freyr, Madness, Passenger, LUMP, Squid, Billie Marten, Django Django, Dry Cleaning, Dodie, Metronomy, Everything Everything, Charli XCX, Manic Street Preachers, Alfie Templeman, Hot Chip, Black Honey, The Blinders, Of Monsters & Men, HONNE, The Vaccines, Foals, Circa Waves, Villagers, Sleaford Mods, Elbow, Lucy Gooch, Groove Armada & more... Another act that MAY be a possibility is HAIM again due to how close they are in Spain 2 weeks before, giving them enough time to self-isolate for Latitude Festival?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Act wise, and with who I've seen releasing tours these last few days/weeks/months, I'm calling (NOT EVERYONE, just possibilities):

Gorillaz (LONG SHOT GUESS, BUT HOPEFUL), Chemical Brothers, Wolf Alice, Daði Freyr, Madness, Passenger, LUMP, Squid, Billie Marten, Django Django, Dry Cleaning, Dodie, Metronomy, Everything Everything, Charli XCX, Manic Street Preachers, Alfie Templeman, Hot Chip, Black Honey, The Blinders, Of Monsters & Men, HONNE, The Vaccines, Foals, Circa Waves, Villagers, Sleaford Mods, Elbow, Lucy Gooch, Groove Armada & more... Another act that MAY be a possibility is HAIM again due to how close they are in Spain 2 weeks before, giving them enough time to self-isolate for Latitude Festival?

I'll be over the moon for most of these, let's hope its been worth the wait 🙂

I expecting the whole lineup though as they seem to have suggested day tickets will be on sale from tomorrow too so I expect there will be a lot to go through