Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

6 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I think there is a chance, he has played a couple of times before, the album is out at the right time, he has made it with Aaron Dessner from The National so it will likely be "good if you like that sort of thing" I think he only has a London festival hall gig in September which is a bit of a way off, but then lots of bands won't have played much/ at all leading up to the festival. He is definitely in my "could be there" column. He's not really my jam, but I love the national and folklore/evermore so actually intrigued by the new album because it'll have Aaron Dessner fingerprints on it. 

I really hope he does, I really like him myself, just never got to see him before because dates have always clashed with exams and deadlines 😅 And yeah, Aaron Dessner is pretty awesome!

16 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

I really hope he does, I really like him myself, just never got to see him before because dates have always clashed with exams and deadlines 😅 And yeah, Aaron Dessner is pretty

I hadn't realised the new album was out actually but listened to it this morning. I thought it was good. Would happily listen to this in a field with a beer 🙂

3 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Blue Dot which was the same weekend has now cancelled due to insurance concerns, could there now be some potential crossovers? Was due to have Bjork, Metronomy and Groove Armada play who are all very Latitude friendly

I imagine there's as much chance of that as there is of latitude following suit unfortunately.

Really hope not before anyone jumps down my throat, (unlikely as this isn't the glastonbury chat forum, where you can experience the spirit of glastonbury all year round apparently 🤷‍♂️)

Edited by km9

17 minutes ago, km9 said:

I imagine there's as much chance of that as there is of latitude following suit unfortunately.

Really hope not before anyone jumps down my throat, (unlikely as this isn't the glastonbury chat forum, where you can experience the spirit of glastonbury all year round apparently 🤷‍♂️)

Personally I remain cautiously optimistic, I'm not 100% certain but I do think they'll do something in some capacity, I think it helps the festival has taken this approach too as it gives a realistic but hopeful expectation for the punters compared to R+L who I think are slightly naive in their 100% happening approach.

Agreed though, I think people should be allowed to have their opinions on things happening but it shouldn't be so 'told you so' and argumentative like you get on other forums 

• 2 weeks later...

Barn On The Farm and Cornbury both cancelling today due to uncertainty and lack of insurance. Cornbury is just a couple of weeks before Latitude. I fear April 19th's announcement might turn out not to be the lineup but the cancellation? Let's pray it's not

6 hours ago, Mackem said:

Barn On The Farm and Cornbury both cancelling today due to uncertainty and lack of insurance. Cornbury is just a couple of weeks before Latitude. I fear April 19th's announcement might turn out not to be the lineup but the cancellation? Let's pray it's not

Organisers seem to be adamant it will happen and also as its run by Festival Republic they are in a slightly better position financially than the independent festivals you've mentioned. At most I could see them moving it to later on in the summer at this moment,  I would say the final decisions will be made in May. Perhaps they'll announce the lineup for 2021 and then say if needs be it will be the 2022 lineup too

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So do we have any last minute rumours or predictions for the lineup? Bastille is the only headliner, right?

Yeah Bastille are the only ones now, my best guess for the other 2 are anyone out of Liam Gallagher, London Grammar, Chemical Brother's and Wolf Alice. We've only got 24 hours to go till we find out, although they haven't announced a time for the announcement like they normally do. My best guess would be 9am like they have the last few times 

• Like 1

I appreciate this honest approach. I'm pleased Melvin is working with the government on this and it seems right that they wait till after the blossoms gig. I would rather this than people think it's definitely happening and it has to get pulled. I'm sure most people are going into buying tickets for it with their eyes open that it might not happen but if there is a big lineup announcement and it doesn't happen it's a bit harder to manage expectations and people will be more put out. 

1 minute ago, km9 said:

I'm usually very optimistic, but to me that is very concerning 

I think we are no better or worse off really.  It might happen, it might not, at least we know that they are working towards it happening by doing some "test and learn" activity. I feel better knowing that discussions are happening and they are planning events to work out whether it is safe than just crossing my fingers and having no visibility of any plan. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I think we are no better or worse off really.  It might happen, it might not, at least we know that they are working towards it happening by doing some "test and learn" activity. I feel better knowing that discussions are happening and they are planning events to work out whether it is safe than just crossing my fingers and having no visibility of any plan. 

Yes you're right, I'm just a bit gutted.

(That seems like a very calm reply for efestivals at the moment. Maybe I should say something nasty to you as well?)

• Like 1