Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

2 hours ago, harryy said:

any ideas or guesses as to when this week an announcement might strike? maybe weds for a end of week payday ticket push?

In their email last week they put 'We also have some exciting line up news to share with you very soon' and whenever they've said that before they've always announced something within the week so I expect it this week too. Probably Wednesday to Friday but as you say pay day could also be a big factor

32 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

In their email last week they put 'We also have some exciting line up news to share with you very soon' and whenever they've said that before they've always announced something within the week so I expect it this week too. Probably Wednesday to Friday but as you say pay day could also be a big factor

I feel like (not helpfully at all) they've released on weds, thurs, and fri before so ..... ill take a shot in the dark that it'll be weds but thats on nothing but instinct

18 minutes ago, km9 said:

What are we all expecting? Based on nothing I wouldn't be surprised to see Ed Sheeran headlining his local festival.

everything in my body is crossed for wolf alice or chemical bros. // but i haven't a clue this year 

6 minutes ago, Ives562 said:

Have I got this wrong but I thought it was Lewis capaldi, bastille and snow patrol headlining so won't be getting ed sheeran or wolf Alice 

LC and Bastille are headlining and SP are the Sunday lunchtime guests so there's still a headline slot missing, Wolf Alice are my best bet for it but it could honestly be anyone 

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

LC and Bastille are headlining and SP are the Sunday lunchtime guests so there's still a headline slot missing, Wolf Alice are my best bet for it but it could honestly be anyone 

Ah ok that makes sense, I did think snow patrol were weak headliners, gonna be interesting to see who gets announced 🙂

I would expect jungle to play in a good slot somewhere the timing looks right. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf Alice play... but having just got tickets for their big tour which takes in lots of dates I don't know if it will be them. Latitude will expect they can sell the tickets with whatever they have anyway but I think the 3rd headliner will be bigger than someone you can see at norwich uea in 6 months time (for example). 

46 minutes ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

Interested to see who will headline now Lewis Capaldi's pulled out. If I'm correct, does that mean the only headliner we know for certain is Bastille? 

I think so, but after reading so many news sites and even one from BBC Radio 6, they keep saying that Snow Patrol are supposed to be the Sunday headliner. However, they may just be getting it wrong cause there hasn't been any detail for sure. For once, this is the first year I'm finding it extremely hard to predict anything 😂

On 3/26/2021 at 12:15 PM, Chapple12345 said:

If they go ahead with their tour Haim are a shout I think but if not LG will probably make a return

Thought it was weird that Liam wasn’t re-announced for this year initially but he’s surely a good bet for this. He seems very keen to get back on the festival circuit and play anywhere he can.

Haim’s tour falls on either side of everything being lifted and seemed to be scheduled around Glastonbury/other festivals so I imagine they’ll postpone and possibly be back next year instead. 

Edited by FloorFiller

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Thought it was weird that Liam wasn’t re-announced for this year initially but he’s surely a good bet for this. He seems very keen to get back on the festival circuit and play anywhere he can.

Haim’s tour falls on either side of everything being lifted and seemed to be scheduled around Glastonbury/other festivals so I imagine they’ll postpone and possibly be back next year instead. 

Can definitely see Liam back, his booker seems to have him down for every festival atm!

In terms of HAIM, their tour falls literally the week before concerts get the go ahead and I think one of them is also immunocompromised? In which case they'd be more likely to return next year with their tour pushed back as well. 

On 3/26/2021 at 12:05 PM, WMWMOfficial said:

I think so, but after reading so many news sites and even one from BBC Radio 6, they keep saying that Snow Patrol are supposed to be the Sunday headliner. However, they may just be getting it wrong cause there hasn't been any detail for sure. For once, this is the first year I'm finding it extremely hard to predict anything 😂

It is still on the latitude poster that snow patrol are the Sunday afternoon guests, always has.

Screenshot_20210327-164044_Chrome.jpg

I wasn't sure for Haim for that reason but as you say because of the other festivals I wasn't sure if it would be worth their while - looking at Kendal Calling which is the following week I could see a few acts from there making an appearance like Supergrass, Blossoms, DMA's and Pale Waves

14 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Anyone confident on a possible Ben Howard feature at the festival, or dare say headline in replacement of Lewis Capaldi?

I think there is a chance, he has played a couple of times before, the album is out at the right time, he has made it with Aaron Dessner from The National so it will likely be "good if you like that sort of thing" I think he only has a London festival hall gig in September which is a bit of a way off, but then lots of bands won't have played much/ at all leading up to the festival. He is definitely in my "could be there" column. He's not really my jam, but I love the national and folklore/evermore so actually intrigued by the new album because it'll have Aaron Dessner fingerprints on it.