Latitude 2021

Chapple12345

2 hours ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

Ok so my predictions potentially for other headliners are Chvrches, Wolf Alice and Lorde. I'd love Phoebe Bridgers, Charli XCX, Christine and the Queens, Two Door Cinema Club, Michael Kiwanuka and Royal Blood  on the line up. 

Royal Blood and possibly CATQ + TDCC would headline really. would be very strong subs (although bastille are a super weak headliner so not out of the question)

11 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Don't worry everyone, turns out the first two headliners are shit because they've spent most of their budget on Radiohead

I think this could potentially be whats happened, it was the same in 2017/18 when Mumford and The Killers were on and the other headliners weren't as 'big' per say so you could see where the budget went, Ive heard a lot of bigger acts are holding off touring announcements so perhaps they've got one pencilled in but it's all embargoed 

9 hours ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

Just throwing another name out there but M.I.A? As she's allegedly working on new music.

Good shout, I believe she was due to play once but missed out due to illness, she's a very latitudey act imo 

When do we think the next announcement will be? I'm going to hazard a guess for later autumn/early winter like for 2020  

Edited by Chapple12345

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I think this could potentially be whats happened, it was the same in 2017/18 when Mumford and The Killers were on and the other headliners weren't as 'big' per say so you could see where the budget went, Ive heard a lot of bigger acts are holding off touring announcements so perhaps they've got one pencilled in but it's all embargoed 

Good shout, I believe she was due to play once but missed out due to illness, she's a very latitudey act imo 

When do we think the next announcement will be? I'm going to hazard a guess for later autumn/early winter like for 2020  

Either October to keep the momentum going or early December to capitalise on a pre-Christmas rush.

1 hour ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

Either October to keep the momentum going or early December to capitalise on a pre-Christmas rush.

Yeah a lot of European festivals started announcing in October but I'll say November just before Christmas rush so it's a happy medium, they'll probably have a clearer picture then as to who could make an appearance as 

I had tickets for both Latitude and Tramlines this year, so had the option to carry both over to next year. I carried the Tramlines ticket over but decided against the Latitude one as I had a feeling they might have everyones pants down when it came to the headliners for next year compared to this year. 

On 7/28/2020 at 1:34 AM, Chapple12345 said:

Haim are reportedly touring at the end of June in the UK, is there too long a gap between then and the new festival dates or are they one to keep an eye on? 

Got an inkling they are going to leave their own arena tour on sale through August and then be announced for Latitude in Sept. 

36 minutes ago, gregory said:

Got an inkling they are going to leave their own arena tour on sale through August and then be announced for Latitude in Sept. 

I can't see any of the headliners not coming back at all as I thought it was a strong set, they'll either headline or come back as special guests like TDCC

I said to myself idc about the lineup, I just want to get back to Latitude but WOW that first lineup announcement is incredible, making me rethink everything. 

That being said, in terms of the festival's demographic they've done really well to get the most generic commercial drivel which all the mum's and dad's will eat up.

I'm having a big struggle trying to think of any of the remaining acts, the new dates are too late for the European festival season in late June/July and too early for the August ones so I'm thinking more we'll end up with far more British acts, any other predictions/speculation of acts to make an appearance? 

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

I think we're going get a lively final headliner and I also reckon they'll be announced in the next few weeks, I quite like the style of just making a surprise act announcement every few weeks or so too 

I also like the random announcements.

The final headliner has to be big given the other two headliners. Whether they're lively or not is to be seen

7 minutes ago, Hawky said:

I also like the random announcements.

The final headliner has to be big given the other two headliners.

I'm hoping it will be a bigger act (Killers size maybe) but still clueless about who it could be, but in the same breadth it could be argued LC is a big name and Bastille have a big worldwide following too, I always feel you always get a good diversity of headliners at the festival though so I'm still unsure about who it could be 

9 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I'm hoping it will be a bigger act (Killers size maybe) but still clueless about who it could be, but in the same breadth it could be argued LC is a big name and Bastille have a big worldwide following too, I always feel you always get a good diversity of headliners at the festival though so I'm still unsure about who it could be 

Capaldi on an exclusive would be huge but I don't think he is? He'll be a crowd pleaser no doubt but I can't imagine it being an expensive booking. 

Bastille are another crowd pleaser, no doubt they'll go down well, but again the fee to headline is going to be small in comparison to other headliners. I don't think they're exclusive either.

The fact Killers were on a stadium tour at the time of Latitude no doubt helped Latitude bag them but I can definitely see the final headliner being someone of that stature. I'd love Radiohead but I think KoL are more likely. Imagine that three, best get praying for good 6music headliners. 

19 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Capaldi on an exclusive would be huge but I don't think he is? He'll be a crowd pleaser no doubt but I can't imagine it being an expensive booking. 

Bastille are another crowd pleaser, no doubt they'll go down well, but again the fee to headline is going to be small in comparison to other headliners. I don't think they're exclusive either.

The fact Killers were on a stadium tour at the time of Latitude no doubt helped Latitude bag them but I can definitely see the final headliner being someone of that stature. I'd love Radiohead but I think KoL are more likely. Imagine that three, best get praying for good 6music headliners. 

LC isn’t an exclusive, he’s doing a fair few festivals but Bastille have said its their only festival date next year. Im still shooting for the stars and saying the final headliner will be a big female star like Dua Lipa, namely because Latitude are aiming for 50/50 gender splits and diverse headliners so I would love to see someone like her on. 

I don’t think Radiohead are active currently but Thom or EOB are definitely a shout to play the tent and the full band may be a headliner in the near future. KOL are a band I’m genuinely shocked have never played before, alongside The Strokes 

31 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

LC isn’t an exclusive, he’s doing a fair few festivals but Bastille have said its their only festival date next year. Im still shooting for the stars and saying the final headliner will be a big female star like Dua Lipa, namely because Latitude are aiming for 50/50 gender splits and diverse headliners so I would love to see someone like her on. 

I don’t think Radiohead are active currently but Thom or EOB are definitely a shout to play the tent and the full band may be a headliner in the near future. KOL are a band I’m genuinely shocked have never played before, alongside The Strokes 

I read the Latitude site and it doesn't mention exclusive which is interesting. 

Dua Lipa would be good but with that the three headliners aren't very diverse. Has to be a rock act in my opinion that's why I'm going with KoL.

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Bjork, OK I say that every year. 😄

Sadly she's a exclusive for Bluedot but I'm certain she will headline some day.

The same with Lorde, but the new talent Booker has said that they're a huge Lorde fan so she has to do it soon surely?

My greatest issue with Latitude is that the headliners are almost impossible to predict, I'm really interested to see who's in the pipeline for it