Black Lives Matter

jyoung

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

@Andy0808 v5

Why are you so pro-cop lol? You seem to be seething at any anti-cop sentiment shown here

Because I honestly do not get the notion that you could call out an entire organisation (of which it isn’t, because every police force is difference) as being something. 
When there’s plenty of videos knocking about in regards to police speaking out against the killing. 

Heaven forbid you ever fall victim to a serious crime and you’ve got to turn to someone you despise so much. 

• Upvote 1

I think we can talk about racism without fighting one another and without having to defend cops. Police forces across the world are protected by power structures that are designed to safeguard them and oppress minorities. All cops benefit from that. No black people benefit from that. 

Edited by jyoung
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Because I honestly do not get the notion that you could call out an entire organisation (of which it isn’t, because every police force is difference) as being something. 
When there’s plenty of videos knocking about in regards to police speaking out against the killing. 

Heaven forbid you ever fall victim to a serious crime and you’ve got to turn to someone you despise so much. 

As I said before, I'm mostly referring to the US. I'm sure not all police forces across the globe are the same so I can't comment on all of them.

But if only a small majority of cops are bad, why aren't all the good ones stopping them? Why are they instead using tear gas and rubber bullets on protesters, even the non violent ones?

On the otherhand, if the majority is bad, then why don't the few good ones acknowledge that it's a corrupt and oppressive system, and resign?

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

The stats speak for themselves. UK police force is institutionally and structurally racist. A quick Google search can confirm that for you. At the protest on Sunday most of them seemed to be having a jolly good time, all smiles. It was a right fucking insult to the protest and everyone there. 

Coppers speaking out against the murder of a man in broad daylight is the very least we should expect from them.

Also, re: the cops at Glasto in the fairy wings... I dont think that cutesy gesture makes up for the way the same force treated the travelling community at the festival in the past. Again, it's insulting. 

ACAB

Edited by rock the clock
  • Downvote 2

They have to stop the looting and leave the peaceful protester alone.. That's a hard one... Would not like to be a copper in the states now but as everywhere the police are essential to living safe and in most countries free.. 

48 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

They have to stop the looting and leave the peaceful protester alone.. That's a hard one... Would not like to be a copper in the states now but as everywhere the police are essential to living safe and in most countries free.. 

It's not all that tricky. Top tip would be not to tear gas people who are kneeling. And maybe not throw concussion grenades and fire plastic at a crowd who are just standing there. I'm sure there are some tricky situations, but there's some low fucking hanging fruit in terms of not attacking peaceful protests. In the videos I've seen it's not like they're exactly caught in the crossfire. The police are brutal.

Nah, fuck the police [who are being brutal and are not preventing their colleagues from being brutal]

Black lives matter [as well as other lives, but it's the black lives that aren't being treated as if they do matter]

And most of all, a fully unqualified fuck Donald Trump.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Im truly disturbed and disgusted by some of the displays by cops in the USA. They are openly violating human rights with no intervention. 

If this wasn't about race then the white people protesting with GUNS because they wanted HAIRCUTS just a few weeks ago would have also been arrested, tear gased, shot with rubber bullets. 

These protests have attempted repeatedly to be peaceful, with many confirmed cases of undercover cops instigating violence, breaking windows, and lighting things on fire.

In the USA any idiot who can pass an 8wk training program can be a cop, and they are paid poorly for it. Barely any training, barely any screening, and fired for disobeying orders, this is the result. The good ones quit or get fired. 

4 hours ago, MetaKate said:

These protests have attempted repeatedly to be peaceful, with many confirmed cases of undercover cops instigating violence, breaking windows, and lighting things on fire.

It’s actually bizarre when you think that a few weeks ago some white protestors were shoving guns in cops faces, spitting at them, deliberately trying to provoke them and the police did nothing of the sort.

Then there are some videos where black protestors are kneeling on the ground keeping a distance from the police, and the police come and batter them.

It really is a race issue.

35 minutes ago, zahidf said:

FWIW it seems like even trumps hardcore supporters think hes doing a bad job

Isn't that saying that a plurality of Trump voters think he's handling it well, almost at a ratio of 2:1?  Admittedly it's the only demographic where that's true, but it does look like they at least think he's doing a good job. 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Isn't that saying that a plurality of Trump voters think he's handling it well, almost at a ratio of 2:1?  Admittedly it's the only demographic where that's true, but it does look like they at least think he's doing a good job. 

I'd say if 23% of his former voters from 2016 think hes doing a bad job and even a quarter of them wont vote for him anymore, then hes toast. He only won by relatively small margins. I dont see him increasing his voter base from 2016, and he has terrible numbers with over 65s which helped him last time 

Edited by zahidf

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's not all that tricky. Top tip would be not to tear gas people who are kneeling. And maybe not throw concussion grenades and fire plastic at a crowd who are just standing there. I'm sure there are some tricky situations, but there's some low fucking hanging fruit in terms of not attacking peaceful protests. In the videos I've seen it's not like they're exactly caught in the crossfire. The police are brutal.

Nah, fuck the police [who are being brutal and are not preventing their colleagues from being brutal]

Black lives matter [as well as other lives, but it's the black lives that aren't being treated as if they do matter]

And most of all, a fully unqualified fuck Donald Trump.

Should have shot Don with gas before he went to hold the bible.. At a church the vicar has said he never even goes to.. 

There's a BIGGG march in nz right now 

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

My man, there are police officers in the crowds, antagonising the protests and smashing store windows to literally prompt looting. What you are seeing is their creation You wouldn't want to be a cop? Well imagine how it feels to be black.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1