Black Lives Matter

jyoung

24 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

I love football.

but yesterday’s *riots(??? Don’t really get what they were rioting again) was a by-product of football hooliganism and tribalism culture, it’s gone way too far now and it’s encouraged this behaviour and deemed it socially acceptable. 

The weirdest thing about it is that you have racist individuals from all these firms who openly support a team which includes black footballers? I will never ever get my head round it. I mean, I know it’s not really about the football with a lot of these guys but fuck me, how thick and narrow minded must you be?

Enough is enough now.

I'm not sure there's anything we can do to get rid of these kind of people...they're so incredibly stupid that it would be impossible to even explain to them why they're being twats...they just wouldn't get it.

I mean, how is there any logical approach to stopping these people when they can't even speak properly?

https://twitter.com/kieranmolyneux/status/1271874522531192832?s=20

1 minute ago, Thunderstruck said:

I'm not sure there's anything we can do to get rid of these kind of people...they're so incredibly stupid that it would be impossible to even explain to them why they're being twats...they just wouldn't get it.

I mean, how is there any logical approach to stopping these people when they can't even speak properly?

https://twitter.com/kieranmolyneux/status/1271874522531192832?s=20

They really are the scum of the earth, just want any excuse to have a tear up.

I saw that video earlier, jokes ain’t it.

The scary thing is that what he is saying is consistent with what the more self proclaimed ‘intellectual’ racists say, absolute and utter skull numbing drivel, no need for it.

13 hours ago, Padgey said:

What about those who are afraid to disagree with the actions of the BLM protests due to being called racists, but also don't agree with the mass gathering of those who oppose it. 

Are those people actually important right now? Is that really where we need to focus attention in the context of systemic racism that literally results in people being suffocated to death for no reason whatsoever?

I'm sure it feels frustrating for you that you feel you can't express your views, but your feelings aren't always going to be the most important thing or the priority in certain contexts. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jparx said:

I don't really understand your point. Just because previous, horrific incidents didn't galvanise the world in the same way doesn't mean we shouldn't be protesting now. And who cares if some people are piggybacking? They're piggybacking on an excellent cause. 

Yep, tipping points are tipping points, sometimes it's a murder, sometimes it's a refusal to give up your seat on a bus, it doesn't matter what the tipping point is or was, what matters is its given the impetus to demand change (though in this case I don't understand why the other poster thought the murder of someone wasn't as big an offence as verbal abuse) 

Edited by Mr.Tease

11 hours ago, Copperface said:

Oh the irony.........where to start?

I would suggest you start at the beginning. I find it interesting to be informed that you are no stranger to law enforcement, yet would appear to proffer that racism doesn't exist within that institution. I know full well it does. I know full well how corrupt they can be also. Why weren't you exposed to that? That's interesting. Feel free to educate me on that front, as I like to be educated. 

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I know full well it does

eg: the Lammy report.

25 years ago my ex did loads of research for the Home Office on racism within all of the justice system, and the Lammy Report pretty much says that nothing has changed in the last 25 years. :( 

Things are sure changing now.. 

Great to see the montana police go out on strike and change the way they police... I think it was montana 

Even tho most of the scenes we've seen are about the trouble there's some lovely pics of people from both sides shaking hands and the black bloke who is a security guard as it happens saving a white bloke who was about to get his head kicked in.. 

But its still a shame that the protests turn.. But those white supremacy Gits were there just to cause trouble end of.. Where as I reckon and hope the the BLM ones are being ruined by a few who ruin it for the mass. 

Apparently JUST seen on the box that Boris is going to be writing something about all of this 

It’s the fuckin’ BH... MEM! 

I am not a violent person in any way but when I see those racist, lagered up w*nker bullies, I become filled with vicious anger and just want to belt them in their stupid faces. I am certain that it is a completely normal reaction, though. 

Edited by Andre91

Boris boys

"Football fan Andrew Banks jailed for 14 days for urinating by the memorial to murdered PC Keith Palmer. Banks said he didn't know what the memorial was for, he had drunk 16 pints on an all-night bender before protests & had attended to "defend statues" but wasn't sure which ones"

First of all, let me explain the situation from my perspective. I have to say that George Floyd did not deserve to die the way he did. Racism of any kind (white to black, black to white, Asian to African, Arab to white, Hispanic to Asian etc). Chauvin will receive justice in the democratic way he should. I feel like I need to say that, before I explain why I am opposed to Black Lives Matter and all the idiots on here that say 'ACAB', or they're all 'scum' etc. This post isn't meant to stoke divisions or belittle anyone's sadness, but offer some clarity to the situation as I think a lot of people have been misled. I'll put my tin hat on in preparation.

Secondly, BLM reacted to this as they always do when a white cop kills a black man and immediately went to racism. Do they actually know Derek Chauvin is a racist? Do they somehow know that he killed GF because he was black in the middle of the day, with a ton of witnesses?
By accusing a white cop of racism, with no evidence, just because of the colour of his skin, is racism itself. The motto 'Black Lives Matter', is exclusionary to all other people. It is nothing but a Black Nationalist group. I certainly wouldn't accept Tommy Robinson chanting "White Lives Matter". ALL LIVES MATTER. 

Thirdly, does anyone know the identities of the other three cops who attended the scene? Chauvin and Thomas Lane are white. Tou Thao is Asian, and J. Alexander Keung is black. This is about as diverse as you can expect in the USA. Why have BLM and everyone else immediately assumed racism was the problem? Does anyone here have any evidence? Has Chauvin displayed a neo-Nazi past that anyone knows about? No, is the answer. I'm willing to be proven wrong, but so far BLM have built a narrative of racism out of nothing.

Fourthly, I often see and hear people explain that police kill black men far more than any other group when you factor in that they're only 6.5% of the population. This is true, UNLESS you factor in that they are WAAAAYYYY more likely to come into contact with police. The FBI keeps data on arrests and incidents and it is free to download and view yourselves. They keep data on ethnicity and where it happened, what weapon etc was used. You can view the stats here from 2016. 
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-21

You can see from the data collected that black people are OVER-represented in almost all crimes. Homicides for example. 52% of all murders come from 13.5% of the population. Carrying illegal weapons - 42%. Rape - 29%. Do you really think it is systemic racism that is telling black people (mostly black men) to go out and murder, carry weapons, and rape women at such high numbers? If you do, I would love to know how. Sadly though, if black men and women commit crimes at such a higher rate of numbers than other groups, is it any wonder they have more contact with police and are more likely to be a victim of police-related deaths?

Why do BLM not march through the city of Chicago for example? Last weekend there were a record number of deaths from black on black gang murders, yet I have never seen any narrative, protest, riot or call to "defund" the gangs from BLM. Why do they push the racism line so much when the numbers and evidence (or lack of evidence of racism in GF's case) do not support it? I am not saying there is no racism in today's society, I am just saying that BLM push a fake narrative to gain power.

Five, why is GF being heralded as a hero of martyr of BLM and the Left and the Guaridan etc? Does anyone know why he was arrested? He was drunk - and also had three drugs in his system. Fentanyl, meth, and THC were all present. Although these did not cause his death directly, he was trying to STEAL cigarettes with fake bank notes, which is why the cops were called in the first place. He also had a violent history. In 2005, he robbed a pregnant black woman with a gun and held the gun at the pregnant woman's stomach unless she complied. Where was BLM in 2005 when this black woman was robbed at gun point by GF and three other people? Why is he a hero? Why is he a martyr?

Six, the idea of systemic racism implies that all people of that system are to blame. So, is everyone to blame for racism in today's system? Or is it just white people? I get the impression from these bullshit celebrity videos and certain sections of the press that we should all feel guilty and that it is generally white people to blame. How is that not a racist trope from a black nationalist group? Just because they are black does not mean they cannot be racist or supremacist in this regard.

Seven, to go back to the crime stats. You can see in the graph below that you are twice as likely to be killed by a black person if you are white, than a white person is to kill a black person, which is phenomenal when you take into account that the white pop in the USA is about 66% and the black pop is about 13.5%. You can find the data for this yourself with a simple search. Why is there no "White Lives Matter" group? If 66% of the pop is murdered at twice the rate by just 13.5% of the pop, where is the "White Lives Matter" group destroying buildings and vandalising statues? Or if that happened, would you feel like that would also be "racist"?

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%2Fc0%2F9d%2F02f99d3240a5954bc5c688f0cddc%2F160929-interracialkillings-graphic.png

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I think it's a shame that so many people on here think that cops should be killed or cancelled or defunded. I bet the people who call for the police to be removed completely would probably suffer the least in such an anarchist world. 
There are problems with racism in the USA and UK, but MORE racism (from a nationalist group using the horrible death of a man to get more power) is not the way to go in my book. I do not think that racism is even that big of a problem in the USA or UK - but CNN and The Guardian will tell you that because they want you to keep buying their product and the Democrats want to keep the black vote. 

For example, where are BLM when the single adult household rate in the black community is at 70%? Where are BLM when the biggest threat to a black person is another black person? Where is BLM for all the black-owned businesses that got smashed up or set on fire or looted in the last couple of weeks?

BTW - redlining doesn't exist today so please do not use that as your example. Jim Crow ended fifty years ago as well. Slavery even longer ago. There are far too many successful black lawyers, actors, doctors, athletes, millionaires, IT engineers for racism to be a major factor, it's just a complete load of nonsense pushed by the media.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

First of all, let me explain the situation from my perspective. I have to say that George Floyd did not deserve to die the way he did. Racism of any kind (white to black, black to white, Asian to African, Arab to white, Hispanic to Asian etc). Chauvin will receive justice in the democratic way he should. I feel like I need to say that, before I explain why I am opposed to Black Lives Matter and all the idiots on here that say 'ACAB', or they're all 'scum' etc. This post isn't meant to stoke divisions or belittle anyone's sadness, but offer some clarity to the situation as I think a lot of people have been misled. I'll put my tin hat on in preparation.

Secondly, BLM reacted to this as they always do when a white cop kills a black man and immediately went to racism. Do they actually know Derek Chauvin is a racist? Do they somehow know that he killed GF because he was black in the middle of the day, with a ton of witnesses?
By accusing a white cop of racism, with no evidence, just because of the colour of his skin, is racism itself. The motto 'Black Lives Matter', is exclusionary to all other people. It is nothing but a Black Nationalist group. I certainly wouldn't accept Tommy Robinson chanting "White Lives Matter". ALL LIVES MATTER. 

Thirdly, does anyone know the identities of the other three cops who attended the scene? Chauvin and Thomas Lane are white. Tou Thao is Asian, and J. Alexander Keung is black. This is about as diverse as you can expect in the USA. Why have BLM and everyone else immediately assumed racism was the problem? Does anyone here have any evidence? Has Chauvin displayed a neo-Nazi past that anyone knows about? No, is the answer. I'm willing to be proven wrong, but so far BLM have built a narrative of racism out of nothing.

Fourthly, I often see and hear people explain that police kill black men far more than any other group when you factor in that they're only 6.5% of the population. This is true, UNLESS you factor in that they are WAAAAYYYY more likely to come into contact with police. The FBI keeps data on arrests and incidents and it is free to download and view yourselves. They keep data on ethnicity and where it happened, what weapon etc was used. You can view the stats here from 2016. 
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-pages/tables/table-21

You can see from the data collected that black people are OVER-represented in almost all crimes. Homicides for example. 52% of all murders come from 13.5% of the population. Carrying illegal weapons - 42%. Rape - 29%. Do you really think it is systemic racism that is telling black people (mostly black men) to go out and murder, carry weapons, and rape women at such high numbers? If you do, I would love to know how. Sadly though, if black men and women commit crimes at such a higher rate of numbers than other groups, is it any wonder they have more contact with police and are more likely to be a victim of police-related deaths?

Why do BLM not march through the city of Chicago for example? Last weekend there were a record number of deaths from black on black gang murders, yet I have never seen any narrative, protest, riot or call to "defund" the gangs from BLM. Why do they push the racism line so much when the numbers and evidence (or lack of evidence of racism in GF's case) do not support it? I am not saying there is no racism in today's society, I am just saying that BLM push a fake narrative to gain power.

Five, why is GF being heralded as a hero of martyr of BLM and the Left and the Guaridan etc? Does anyone know why he was arrested? He was drunk - and also had three drugs in his system. Fentanyl, meth, and THC were all present. Although these did not cause his death directly, he was trying to STEAL cigarettes with fake bank notes, which is why the cops were called in the first place. He also had a violent history. In 2005, he robbed a pregnant black woman with a gun and held the gun at the pregnant woman's stomach unless she complied. Where was BLM in 2005 when this black woman was robbed at gun point by GF and three other people? Why is he a hero? Why is he a martyr?

Six, the idea of systemic racism implies that all people of that system are to blame. So, is everyone to blame for racism in today's system? Or is it just white people? I get the impression from these bullshit celebrity videos and certain sections of the press that we should all feel guilty and that it is generally white people to blame. How is that not a racist trope from a black nationalist group? Just because they are black does not mean they cannot be racist or supremacist in this regard.

Seven, to go back to the crime stats. You can see in the graph below that you are twice as likely to be killed by a black person if you are white, than a white person is to kill a black person, which is phenomenal when you take into account that the white pop in the USA is about 66% and the black pop is about 13.5%. You can find the data for this yourself with a simple search. Why is there no "White Lives Matter" group? If 66% of the pop is murdered at twice the rate by just 13.5% of the pop, where is the "White Lives Matter" group destroying buildings and vandalising statues? Or if that happened, would you feel like that would also be "racist"?

?url=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.beam.usnews.com%2Fc0%2F9d%2F02f99d3240a5954bc5c688f0cddc%2F160929-interracialkillings-graphic.png

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I think it's a shame that so many people on here think that cops should be killed or cancelled or defunded. I bet the people who call for the police to be removed completely would probably suffer the least in such an anarchist world. 
There are problems with racism in the USA and UK, but MORE racism (from a nationalist group using the horrible death of a man to get more power) is not the way to go in my book. I do not think that racism is even that big of a problem in the USA or UK - but CNN and The Guardian will tell you that because they want you to keep buying their product and the Democrats want to keep the black vote. 

For example, where are BLM when the single adult household rate in the black community is at 70%? Where are BLM when the biggest threat to a black person is another black person? Where is BLM for all the black-owned businesses that got smashed up or set on fire or looted in the last couple of weeks?

BTW - redlining doesn't exist today so please do not use that as your example. Jim Crow ended fifty years ago as well. Slavery even longer ago. There are far too many successful black lawyers, actors, doctors, athletes, millionaires, IT engineers for racism to be a major factor, it's just a complete load of nonsense pushed by the media.

You make some good points, and you missed out the fact that Chauvin almost certainly knew Floyd, they both worked at the same night club, Chauvin was working security there in addition to his police work, it's entirely possible there had been some bad blood between them in the past and that was the reason Chauvin over-reacted, that doesn't excuse what happened and his fellow officers should have stopped the killing but there could be more to it than racism.

17 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Maybe you should get a job teaching black people about racism 🙄

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Used up all my upvotes downvoting morons on here. I’ll upvote this tomorrow. 

21 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The motto 'Black Lives Matter', is exclusionary to all other people. It is nothing but a Black Nationalist group. I certainly wouldn't accept Tommy Robinson chanting "White Lives Matter". ALL LIVES MATTER. 

Just like feminism is aimed at taking down men

Or Save The Children hates adults....

Or the BBC hates eveyone who isnt British...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Used up all my upvotes downvoting morons on here. I’ll upvote this tomorrow. 

Thanks, I really appreciate it. It's actually really nerve-wracking trying to stay calm during this period, and I expect to get a lot of hate because I'm going against a seemingly well-intentioned cause. 

18 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

You make some good points, and you missed out the fact that Chauvin almost certainly knew Floyd, they both worked at the same night club, Chauvin was working security there in addition to his police work, it's entirely possible there had been some bad blood between them in the past and that was the reason Chauvin over-reacted, that doesn't excuse what happened and his fellow officers should have stopped the killing but there could be more to it than racism.

Okay, thanks for that information. I didn't know they actually knew each other from before. If they did know one another and they had some bad blood, that could explain it. I have no idea why Chauvin would keep his knee on GF's neck for so long. The video was horrible to watch. It still doesn't justify BLM's calls of racism, but I appreciate you letting me know.

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Wow. Just wow.

That was my exact reaction your post, I appreciate it was nerve racking for you and I know there was no malice intentended, but for a lot of BAME people like myself it's maddening to read stuff like that because you don't realise what you don't know, and instead seem to think you're an expert on the issue. Honestly it comes across like this:

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

This is a typical response when I try and use stats or evidence to disprove something. Nothing to counter what I've said? I bet you felt really "cool" posting that "nah" though. Well done you.

If you're looking for rational discourse you've come to the wrong place  lol 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

That was my exact reaction your post, I appreciate it was nerve racking for you and I know there was no malice intentended, but for a lot of BAME people like myself it's maddening to read stuff like that because you don't realise what you don't know, and instead seem to think you're an expert on the issue. Honestly it comes across like this:

It's maddening to read facts and statistics?
How do you know that I am not BAME?
Would it be easier for you to hear what I said if I was black? If yes, why? Why is it that my skin colour and your skin colour, is so important to who is allowed to say what?