Black Lives Matter

jyoung

39 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj7D4-VLZlQ&feature=youtu.be

I’ll just leave this here. 👍🏻

If you think it is a shame for a black man being killed but this rioting and looting is disgraceful

And not

It’s a shame about the rioting and looting but this black man being killed is a disgrace

CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE

1 hour ago, Chicken Bob said:

The police are getting pelted with missiles. They should just accept that ?? 

Like you, I wasn't there.  However, it appears that the video starts after the police have made some form of move against the protesters.  According to the person who took the video, the protesters had been peaceful up until that point.  It is only towards the end of the video that you can see things being thrown at the police.

What evidence are you using to come to your conclusion that the police were being pelted before they charged the protesters?

Just in from my freind who is at the Bristol demo

They’ve ripped down the Colston statue

(FYI, Colston is a controversial local figure who made money from the slave trade. Massive Attack have never played the Colston Hall because of it.)

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Just in from my freind who is at the Bristol demo

They’ve ripped down the Colston statue

(FYI, Colston is a controversial local figure who made money from the slave trade. Massive Attack have never played the Colston Hall because of it.)

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Ha fantastic. Someone chucking that statue in the river is long over due.

I find it strange that a statue of a slave trader has stood for centuries without the local authorities deciding to remove it. Well done the public for taking the decision to remove it. Should have been taken down years ago and stuck in a black museum. The argument that they should leave the statue as a reminder of the slave trade doesn’t hold water with me,  you don’t need a statue of Hitler to remember WW2! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I find it strange that a statue of a slave trader has stood for centuries without the local authorities deciding to remove it. Well done the public for taking the decision to remove it. Should have been taken down years ago and stuck in a black museum. 

I've got to say, I wouldn't have done it myself - but as a Bristolian, I do feel a bit proud

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Like you, I wasn't there.  However, it appears that the video starts after the police have made some form of move against the protesters.  According to the person who took the video, the protesters had been peaceful up until that point.  It is only towards the end of the video that you can see things being thrown at the police.

What evidence are you using to come to your conclusion that the police were being pelted before they charged the protesters?

I have a family member in the met police that was there. What evidence are you using to come to your conclusion that the police charged at the protestors before they were pelted with missiles ?