Black Lives Matter

jyoung

3 hours ago, Neil said:

a truth that perhaps need re-evaluating after that violence to a white guy.

Racism is at play, big time, but the issue is waaaay bigger than simply 'bad actors' in the police or the state or 'institutional racism'. It's everything that comes from an economic system whose foundation is racist.

Very sadly I think it's likely those protesting about George Floyd in the USA and UK and other western countries would be protesting louder and more often (and more violently) - but for different reasons - if the racism was removed from the economic system. :( 

Racism has always been used to divide the people by the elites. Instead of hating the white person or black person on the street next to you, and therefore playing into your enemy's hands, we need to unite against our real foe.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Is it not ?

I can obviously see some things are racist but if a black person says something is racist and I haven't seen it as racist then I think I'd do well to educate myself on what it is I didn't notice rather than tell them that it's not racist. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Kinda surprised it's not kinda everywhere at the minute given how well it speaks to the moment.

Yes I thought it would be everywhere I shared it with one of my friends. I have so much respect for him for doing it as well especially given all the grief he got for it. I can't get over how eloquent he is and at such a young age. 

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

1) probably shouldnt be using horses at a protest, let alone riding it at the protestors.

2) the policeman riding into a traffic light is objectively funny.

I’m not sure they rode into the traffic light, rather the horse bolted and they careered into it.

But yeah, that on its own is funny, less so the terrified horse running round London knocking people over.