Lost Horizon Festival by the Shangri-La team

scaryclaireyfairy

I'm pissed off that I'm not even a bit thrilled by Thrill Collins.

I have a mate who is always banging on about them but I just don't get it sadly.  It's a bit like a comedy/parody act without the laughs innit?  Or am I being mean?

6 minutes ago, Minilla said:

I'm pissed off that I'm not even a bit thrilled by Thrill Collins.

I have a mate who is always banging on about them but I just don't get it sadly.  It's a bit like a comedy/parody act without the laughs innit?  Or am I being mean?

You’re not alone, I’ve never got into them either, and I generally have time for this light-hearted sort of stuff. Actually had to leave and wander off on my own for a bit when my gang were watching them late on the Wednesday last year!

well that didn't go very well for me. logged on with my lenovo headset just now, i could only move sideways and everyone was moaning about my mic throwing off feedback. couldn't work out how to turn my mic off so ended up just logging out :(

seemed pretty cool though and i'll try again later. you start off in a hub, went in to the gas tower but didn't hang around long enough to really see what was going on as i didn't want to get on everyones nerves

27 minutes ago, mazola said:

well that didn't go very well for me. logged on with my lenovo headset just now, i could only move sideways and everyone was moaning about my mic throwing off feedback. couldn't work out how to turn my mic off so ended up just logging out :(

seemed pretty cool though and i'll try again later. you start off in a hub, went in to the gas tower but didn't hang around long enough to really see what was going on as i didn't want to get on everyones nerves

I think I saw you :) it’s easy to mute other people on non-VR and mods could have muted you if it got too bad.

Can’t give any tech advice as I haven’t fired this up in VR yet, but gotta say, the presentation of these stages is excellent - everyone involved has done a fantastic job. The Twitch stream is probably enough though if you don’t want to be sociable and chat to strangers.

I’ll be on later for Carl Cox et al - if anyone else is on there, feel free to add me as a friend, I think my name is Sidasta-1265 (or just Sidasta) on there.

25 minutes ago, Vidsidasta said:

I think I saw you :) it’s easy to mute other people on non-VR and mods could have muted you if it got too bad.

Can’t give any tech advice as I haven’t fired this up in VR yet, but gotta say, the presentation of these stages is excellent - everyone involved has done a fantastic job. The Twitch stream is probably enough though if you don’t want to be sociable and chat to strangers.

I’ll be on later for Carl Cox et al - if anyone else is on there, feel free to add me as a friend, I think my name is Sidasta-1265 (or just Sidasta) on there.

I tried again using an xbox game pad and headphones, worked a lot better than using the wmr controllers and nobody moaned about my mic so i think i will try with that set up again later.

It is very impressive, i'll definitely have another go later tonight, user name is maz on there

Edited by mazola

2 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

Go for Twitch, it's not immersive but you get to watch still

https://www.twitch.tv/beatportofficial/squad

I've been watching, thanks to your posting this link, as my PC is nowhere near well enough specced to get on the VR thing. It's surprisingly good! Flipping between Beans on Toast and Partiboi69 makes for an amusing contrast that is very Glastonbury.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've been watching, thanks to your posting this link, as my PC is nowhere near well enough specced to get on the VR thing. It's surprisingly good! Flipping between Beans on Toast and Partiboi69 makes for an amusing contrast that is very Glastonbury.

I'm on a mac and there's no app for macs, so watching on this Link too!

Just been in the VR using rift.

Kinda cool at first but found it a bit nauseating after a while. Not the worst VR nausea inducing experience but more so than games like Alex. Definitely couldn't cope with it on booze so now just watching on twitch with a beer instead.

Where are all the crazy costumes coming from,? I spent 15 min messing about with my avatar and just looked like i'd been in a fight with a hedge.

34 minutes ago, I am Jon said:

Where are all the crazy costumes coming from,? I spent 15 min messing about with my avatar and just looked like i'd been in a fight with a hedge.

I've no idea I'm afraid. I spent less than 15mins on it and settled for what appears to be a mock Fred Flintstone dress and cowboy hat so wouldn't mind knowing myself... anyone?!

2 hours ago, I am Jon said:

Kinda cool at first but found it a bit nauseating after a while. Not the worst VR nausea inducing experience but more so than games like Alex. Definitely couldn't cope with it on booze so now just watching on twitch with a beer instead.

I think this was my favourite. Aubergine Butterfly 😂

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 19.57.26.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, I am Jon said:

I have pretty decent VR legs, but I could feel myself getting a bit queasy after about 10 minutes so had to nope out of it. It's a shame as it is really good, I might try again tomorrow

Also been following this a bit on Twitch, streaming to telly via Chromecast. It's blooming great! The guys have done a great job, more than happy to bung a charity text or three in the pot for their efforts.

Does leave me wishing I had a VR set up, I know some say it's a bit nauseating but itching to at least have a try at it.

I joined with the Sansar app on iOS, looked cool if you had VR but wasn’t really persuaded about the merits of just watching on a phone screen. 
wanted to watch Badcore Horns but missed their slot. 

Is the stream watchable somewhere post event? 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

I joined with the Sansar app on iOS, looked cool if you had VR but wasn’t really persuaded about the merits of just watching on a phone screen. 
wanted to watch Badcore Horns but missed their slot. 

Is the stream watchable somewhere post event? 

I got chatting to some of the admins of the software last night. It’s amazing what they’ve done with it all. Anyone with experience in 3D modelling should definitely get involved as everything is built by the Sansar community. I’m very tempted to get involved in the creation side although it would mean investment in some serious hardware. My current VR set up won’t handle it. 

Anyway you wanted the streams. They should all be on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/beatport

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I got chatting to some of the admins of the software last night. It’s amazing what they’ve done with it all. Anyone with experience in 3D modelling should definitely get involved as everything is built by the Sansar community. I’m very tempted to get involved in the creation side although it would mean investment in some serious hardware. My current VR set up won’t handle it. 

Anyway you wanted the streams. They should all be on this channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/beatport

I couldn't get on with the controls on the PC. Every single first person game I've ever played has a different idea about how the camera should work, which doesn't involve you having to hold down the right mouse button just to keep your eyes pointing in the same direction you're moving.

It was much better on the PC than the phone, but it could have been so much more immersive if it stuck to standard FPS controls.