Lost Horizon Festival by the Shangri-La team

scaryclaireyfairy

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Doesn't that have wires? I'm not sure if I fancy being tethered, even if the graphics will be better.

Not as immersive.  

Shit 400-500 quid for a Quest!

I got a Samsung Gear VR with my Galaxy S7 Edge years ago, gonna give that a go. Only wires are power cable/headphones but you can run on battery and bluetooth headphones.

Edited by Dukeicon

Sansar (the VR platform they are using) doesn't have an android or iPhone app as far as I can tell. That rules out Samsung Gear VR or Google Cardboard.

The Lost Horizon website has full details on how you can join in (https://www.losthorizonfestival.com/how-to-watch) and a fairly decent spec Windows PC + VR headset is listed as the only way to get the full experience. Sansar does have a non-VR mode which My 2yr old, far from dedicated gaming spec, laptop can run so some of you with newish machines may get some luck with that. It looks like you still get to walk around the 'festival' in a first or third person view using a keyboard/moues combo and viewing on a normal monitor rather than in VR.

The Lost Horizons mobile app seems to be the only thing available for android or iPhone and that's gives 'a birds eye view of each of the four festival stages'.

Failing that, Twitch or Beatport look like they'll have you covered from a non-interactive, just sit back and watch the show perspective.

The line-up looks mint as does the preview video. It looks like the Shangri-La crowd have gone above and beyond on this one so hopefully it saves festival season 2020 as best as is now possible!

25 minutes ago, mpsamuels said:

Sansar (the VR platform they are using) doesn't have an android or iPhone app as far as I can tell. That rules out Samsung Gear VR or Google Cardboard.

The Lost Horizon website has full details on how you can join in (https://www.losthorizonfestival.com/how-to-watch) and a fairly decent spec Windows PC + VR headset is listed as the only way to get the full experience. Sansar does have a non-VR mode which My 2yr old, far from dedicated gaming spec, laptop can run so some of you with newish machines may get some luck with that. It looks like you still get to walk around the 'festival' in a first or third person view using a keyboard/moues combo and viewing on a normal monitor rather than in VR.

The Lost Horizons mobile app seems to be the only thing available for android or iPhone and that's gives 'a birds eye view of each of the four festival stages'.

Failing that, Twitch or Beatport look like they'll have you covered from a non-interactive, just sit back and watch the show perspective.

The line-up looks mint as does the preview video. It looks like the Shangri-La crowd have gone above and beyond on this one so hopefully it saves festival season 2020 as best as is now possible!

Thank you!! :) 

On 6/10/2020 at 7:48 AM, MetaKate said:

Dont judge me harshly, as I have lost my job, and best buy, a giant electronics chain does have a 14 day return policy....if I got an occulus and decided after a few days it just wasnt for me 🤫

Do it..  Give it to the man 🙂

On 6/9/2020 at 9:04 AM, mpsamuels said:

There is an app coming out especially for this.

7 hours ago, Dukeicon said:

There is an app coming out especially for this.

Interesting, they's removed the 'birds eye view' part from the app description. "while also changing their view points" doesn't sound like the mobile app will be full VR though, I'm assuming it'll be a more mobile friendly GUI to browse the twitch and youtube streams, maybe with a few different, but still static, angles.

8 hours ago, MetaKate said:

So I've realized the graphics card in my laptop doesnt have enough juice. 

Do I buy a gaming pc AND an oculus rift to return on Monday 😂

How cool do we think this is going to be

Hey MetaKate,

Why not  find a large corporation retailer nearby where you could "purchase" a gaming PC and VR Headset to use for the duration of the festival and the. Return for refund in a week or so?

5 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Hey MetaKate,

Why not  find a large corporation retailer nearby where you could "purchase" a gaming PC and VR Headset to use for the duration of the festival and the. Return for refund in a week or so?

😂 a prudent idea to be sure. I think it's the way forward.

If you want to smile while you dance, check out Afriquoi, who are “opening” the Freedom stage on the Saturday. Their main live show was fantastic on the west holts stage in 2017 and then I saw their DJ set on ‘the bug’ stage in 2019. There was only maybe 50-100 people watching but everyone was dancing and having a fantastic time.