Covid-19 & Glastonbury 2021

shapebuster

I'm more optimistic than I was. I'm going to be there, I believe it. I reckon a vaccine is still far from certain, but even in countries without a serious lockdown most are now through the worst, and at least there's significantly more knowledge of the disease in preparation for any second wave.

27 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I’ve been drinking all afternoon as well, lying in the sun in the company of Taylor swift, Sam fender, Frank Turner and Skinny Lister. Dreaming of next summer

great post, I think I love you. 

I hope you are making sure that they are all socially distancing ... especially if you are in a loving phase :) 

• Upvote 1

On 5/28/2020 at 2:16 AM, shapebuster said:

Hi all,

My friend and I are worried that Glasto may not go ahead next year either. Looking at the UK from Aus, you guys are getting smashed by Covid and I just can't see the government risking another explosion in cases with a huge music festival once they get it under control. What are your thoughts?

I'm sure a lot of you will reply with blind optimism so please consider your response. We all know how that backfired this year! Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody eager to go but I'm just trying to get a picture of what's going on over there!

Also, let's try keep this thread on topic.

Thanks

information as at 31/5/2020

Australia Coronavirus Cases: 7,192 - Deaths: 103

United Kingdom Coronavirus Cases: 272,826 - Deaths: 38,376

But estimates by the Office for National Statistics suggest there are currently 8,000 New cases per Day in England alone.

Seeing that most people in the UK have been under lockdown for 69 days its the number of new cases that is the big puzzle.

Sure things can change but I am not certain there will be a Glastonbury 2021 and even if there was I am not even certain if I would risk attending unless there is a vaccination.

its been 77 days since I was last on a Bus or the tube and I am out for 40 minuets per week to do my shopping { Lucky enough I live in a Tower block attached to a shopping arcade } as I just cant risk catching it as I have had two previous heart attacks and no way would I survive if I caught it.

Time will tell but we are in uncharted waters.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

information as at 31/5/2020

Australia Coronavirus Cases: 7,192 - Deaths: 103

United Kingdom Coronavirus Cases: 272,826 - Deaths: 38,376

But estimates by the Office for National Statistics suggest there are currently 8,000 New cases per Day in England alone.

Seeing that most people in the UK have been under lockdown for 69 days its the number of new cases that is the big puzzle.

Sure things can change but I am not certain there will be a Glastonbury 2021 and even if there was I am not even certain if I would risk attending unless there is a vaccination.

its been 77 days since I was last on a Bus or the tube and I am out for 40 minuets per week to do my shopping { Lucky enough I live in a Tower block attached to a shopping arcade } as I just cant risk catching it as I have had two previous heart attacks and no way would I survive if I caught it.

Time will tell but we are in uncharted waters.

I kinda feel by next year the country has to open vaccine or not. We cannot cope much longer losing money, jobs and the economy going down the pan. I feel by next year it has to be on and people make their decision whether to go. If it still is not great I can see it being a mainly English lineup. 

I think things will be much better by next year and being so negative about it, worrying about 2021 makes a very uncomfortable two years with not much else to look forward to.

We cannot have this (lockdown) till next year, there wouldn't be an economy left 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I kinda feel by next year the country has to open vaccine or not. We cannot cope much longer losing money, jobs and the economy going down the pan. I feel by next year it has to be on and people make their decision whether to go. If it still is not great I can see it being a mainly English lineup. 

I think things will be much better by next year and being so negative about it, worrying about 2021 makes a very uncomfortable two years with not much else to look forward to.

We cannot have this (lockdown) till next year, there wouldn't be an economy left 

We don't really have a lockdown now, we're probably going to be gradually loosening things for a while now.

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

We don't really have a lockdown now, we're probably going to be gradually loosening things for a while now.

They’re already talking about having a proportion of football fans back for the FA Cup final on 1st August, Spain also believe they will have fans back too for the start of their next season.

The fact that Glastonbury and other festivals are outside and attended by a vast majority of the less at risk group is also a major factor in it happening.  I really do believe that they’ll just be asked to have more hang sanitation stations available and people will wear masks if they feel the need to do so. 

My opinion is if festivals/gigs and whatever else aren’t happening by next year then the majority won’t ever happen again as so many will go bust.