Covid-19 & Glastonbury 2021

shapebuster

Hi all,

My friend and I are worried that Glasto may not go ahead next year either. Looking at the UK from Aus, you guys are getting smashed by Covid and I just can't see the government risking another explosion in cases with a huge music festival once they get it under control. What are your thoughts?

I'm sure a lot of you will reply with blind optimism so please consider your response. We all know how that backfired this year! Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody eager to go but I'm just trying to get a picture of what's going on over there!

Also, let's try keep this thread on topic.

Thanks

Edited by shapebuster
  • Upvote 2

Tickets are being carried over so if you already have one then it will be valid. There will be a resale at the usual time of this year but I’d say availability will be limited. 

If you are successful or indeed you already have tickets then make sure you book flights that are covered by insurance in the unlikely event of another postponement. 

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Probably best to stick your question in here - 

It's the general covid-19 thread and one of the busiest on the forum so you'll get plenty of discussion. 

That thread is so off topic, it's impossible to read it. Literally nothing has been about Covid in the last few pages. 

7 hours ago, shapebuster said:

I'm sure a lot of you will reply with blind optimism so please consider your response. We all know how that backfired this year! 

The answer is no one knows for sure and blind optimism is the only thing we have to say it will go ahead.

Who knows really, there’s about 10 months before they need to make any decisions. 

I think many people are concerned about it, including those on here involved with the festival in some way. 

Personally, I think it will just about be ok.

All of the talk in that other thread about Dominic Cummings and the daily briefings is about Covid. Regrettably, that whole thread is on topic because covid is pretty much the only topic of conversation in this country presently, since, as you so delicately put it, we are being "smashed" by it. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, shapebuster said:

Hi all,

My friend and I are worried that Glasto may not go ahead next year either. Looking at the UK from Aus, you guys are getting smashed by Covid and I just can't see the government risking another explosion in cases with a huge music festival once they get it under control. What are your thoughts?

I'm sure a lot of you will reply with blind optimism so please consider your response. We all know how that backfired this year! Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody eager to go but I'm just trying to get a picture of what's going on over there!

Also, let's try keep this thread on topic.

Thanks

Did you both have tickets for 2020? If not I really wouldn’t worry about it.

If you do then trying to be as objective as possible I would say it’s very likely to go ahead. Several things may have happened by then.

A second spike may well hit in (our) Autumn/winter but will be well over by the time the festival needs to start preparing etc.

With or without a second spike, by about March/April we would’ve gained a significant amount more ‘herd immunity’ Even with a number like say 30% it will make big gatherings all the more possible. Bear in mind London is already at about 20% so where will it be in a year?

There may well be a vaccine before the end of the year/early next year

Suitable treatments make it less of an issue 

It just fizzles out like many other viruses have 

If none of the above happens, it becomes endemic and kind of just continues as is now, people will eventually recalibrate to the risk and learn to live alongside it.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

Please please please 🙏 get past this years dates before starting to worry, panic, pray, scream 😱 about 2021. This shit will end. It’s bad enough we’ve lost this year! 

@Hugh Jass  is spot on, Christ here we go again! 
If it keeps getting cancelled never mind headlining pyramid. The 1975 will be the heritage act! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There is absolutely zero point in worrying or stressing about it this far out.

That may come across as burying my head in the sand but I don’t care. This fucking virus has already written off 2020, I refuse to entertain the possibility of it fucking with 2021.

This. I've got some mates that keep saying stuff like "festivals might not even happen next year!". But what's the point in even saying that? It only makes people feel even more down and hopeless about the situation.

If things are still bad early next year then maybe we can consider it won't be happening, but for now we should just hope for the best and not be so bloody negative...

Edited by Gilgamesh69
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I always knew there was something different about you Scotts 

You’ve got to find your thrills somehow,  snowbound and isolated in our wee cottage throughout the long dark winters!  You Somerset country bumpkins  havnt the monopoly on such things!😉

• Upvote 1

so the only way we can get rid of this thread is to not respond to it ... or have it deleted .... this is just like those multiple threads that appeared a while back .... im posting while this is at the top by the way ... lets just let this one drop away hopefully like the virus ....

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

Tickets are being carried over so if you already have one then it will be valid. There will be a resale at the usual time of this year but I’d say availability will be limited. 

If you are successful or indeed you already have tickets then make sure you book flights that are covered by insurance in the unlikely event of another postponement. 

100% crew assemble!

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I am 99.876% sure I’ll be dry humping one of the flowers on the approach to the park in 13 months time.

Does this help with your flight bookings?

@crazyfool1 posted a few minutes ago ways on how to ditch this thread. The surreal image of a giant plywood  daisy being molested might just be the thing that does this! 😁