2021 Stage Predictions: Early birds with a cheat sheet this time!

Matt42

Friday

Pyramid: The 1975 // DAVE // Elbow // Camila Cabello // Kacey Musgraves // Rufus Wainright
Other: Gorillaz // Fatboy Slim // Sam Fender // Mabel // La Roux // Declan McKenna // The Staves // Happy Mondays.
West Holts: Thom Yorke Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes // Kelis // Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes // Black Uhuru // Danny Brown // KOKOKO! // Richard Dawson
John Peel: Editors // FKA TWIGS // Aitch // AngelOlsen // Soccer Mommy // Jehnny Beth // BANKS // The Big Moon
Park: Caribou // Khruangbin // Laura Marling // Jarv... Is // Cate Le Bon /// Tinariwen

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Lizzo // HAIM // Crowded House // Candi Staton // Imelda May
Other: Dua Lipa // AJ Tracey // Supergrass // Metronomy // Nadine Shah
West Holts: The Isley Brothers // Seun Kuti // Nubya Garcia // Celeste // Snarky Puppy // Greentea Peng
John Peel: Charli XCX // Primal Scream // Tones and I // Clairo
Park: Manic Street Preachers //  Big Thief // Fontaines D.C. // Phoebe Bridgers // Confidence Man // Squid

Sunday

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // Gerry Cinnamon // Wolf Alice // Diana Ross // The Specials
Other: Pet Shop Boys // Dizzie Rascal // Blossoms // Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals // Anna Calvi // Skunk Ananise // Lianne La Havas
West Holts: Kano // TLC // Gilberto Gil // Thundercat // Brittany Howard // EARTHGANG
John Peel: The Jesus and Mary Chain // Burna Boy // Glass Animals // Cage The Elephant 
Park: London Grammar //The Avalanches // Goldfrapp // Sampa The Great // EOB // Baxter Dury // The Orielles

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Pyramid: The 1975 // DAVE // Elbow // Camila Cabello // Kacey Musgraves // Rufus Wainright
Other: Gorillaz // Fatboy Slim // Sam Fender // Mabel // La Roux // Declan McKenna // The Staves // Happy Mondays.
West Holts: Thom Yorke Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes // Kelis // Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes // Black Uhuru // Danny Brown // KOKOKO! // Richard Dawson
John Peel: Editors // FKA TWIGS // Aitch // AngelOlsen // Soccer Mommy // Jehnny Beth // BANKS // The Big Moon
Park: Caribou // Khruangbin // Laura Marling // Jarv... Is // Cate Le Bon /// Tinariwen

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Lizzo // HAIM // Crowded House // Candi Staton // Imelda May
Other: Dua Lipa // AJ Tracey // Supergrass // Metronomy // Nadine Shah
West Holts: The Isley Brothers // Seun Kuti // Nubya Garcia // Celeste // Snarky Puppy // Greentea Peng
John Peel: Charli XCX // Primal Scream // Tones and I // Clairo
Park: Manic Street Preachers //  Big Thief // Fontaines D.C. // Phoebe Bridgers // Confidence Man // Squid

Sunday

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // Gerry Cinnamon // Wolf Alice // Diana Ross // The Specials
Other: Pet Shop Boys // Dizzie Rascal // Blossoms // Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals // Anna Calvi // Skunk Ananise // Lianne La Havas
West Holts: Kano // TLC // Gilberto Gil // Thundercat // Brittany Howard // EARTHGANG
John Peel: The Jesus and Mary Chain // Burna Boy // Glass Animals // Cage The Elephant 
Park: London Grammar //The Avalanches // Goldfrapp // Sampa The Great // EOB // Baxter Dury // The Orielles

I’d certainly take that but I’d be amazed if Fatboy isn’t headlining the other.  

Looks like a solid prediction. Agree above that Fatboy Slim will be on the Other still - can't see them shafting him even if they have a much better option.

Taking out three of my favourite ever acts certainly makes it look a weaker lineup overall for me personally, but plenty of good stuff to be excited about. And Lizzo subbing would be a great fallback. My worry is that we won't have too many fresh faces like that, and the acts that step in will essentially be ones who were touring in 2020 originally but clearly the festival had better, more exciting options.

Just now, jparx said:

Looks like a solid prediction. Agree above that Fatboy Slim will be on the Other still - can't see them shafting him even if they have a much better option.

Taking out three of my favourite ever acts certainly makes it look a weaker lineup overall for me personally, but plenty of good stuff to be excited about. And Lizzo subbing would be a great fallback. My worry is that we won't have too many fresh faces like that, and the acts that step in will essentially be ones who were touring in 2020 originally but clearly the festival had better, more exciting options.

If so then Dua subbing McCartney and Gorillaz headlining other against McCartney would work.

Just now, Matt42 said:

If so then Dua subbing McCartney and Gorillaz headlining other against McCartney would work.

Yeah that looks a more likely option I reckon.

Also, I seriously think they'd approach Billie to headline if they have lost Kendrick and Taylor. She fits with a similar demo to those two and could have a new album out by then. 2022 might be a better fit, but I wouldn't rule it out for next year at all. 

Just now, jparx said:

Yeah that looks a more likely option I reckon.

Also, I seriously think they'd approach Billie to headline if they have lost Kendrick and Taylor. She fits with a similar demo to those two and could have a new album out by then. 2022 might be a better fit, but I wouldn't rule it out for next year at all. 

Would be absolutely marvellous and a great alternative to having arctic monkeys back again.

I feel really confident that the 1975 are on for 2021. I think if Billie is around then yes let’s book her.

1975, Paul McCartney, Billie Eilish would be fantastic!

I am pretty confident Arctic Monkeys will headline with three Sheffield dates in early June and Glastonbury late June. Seems with those dates seemingly booked it is a simple booking to cover a headliner whose pulled out. They haven't headlined in 8 years when the festival rolls around and I thought they were sensational last time so that's good and covers my disappointment if Kendrick pulls out.

I agree with jparx, Billie seems a great option especially if she could of played this year. She will be even bigger next, potentially with new music. IF all three pull out my prediction is: The 1975 // Billie Eilish // Arctic Monkeys. If we have one headliner back, I can see Billie and Arctic Monkeys as the other two, if we have two back I reckon Arctic Monkeys will complete the set.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I could see The 1975 sub and Billie take the top slot.

Might get sniped for that opinion, but if it's between Macca, Arctics, Billie and The Matty Healy Show, Matty's gonna fall. I don't think the fest want to go back to three male headliners and Billie would shake it up from the band template.

Or, obviously, they keep one for 2022. 

Lady Gaga would probably be better placed than Billie

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

I could see The 1975 sub and Billie take the top slot.

Might get sniped for that opinion, but if it's between Macca, Arctics, Billie and The Matty Healy Show, Matty's gonna fall. I don't think the fest want to go back to three male headliners and Billie would shake it up from the band template.

Or, obviously, they keep one for 2022. 

If theres a space next year while she is here on the gig and festival circuit I would say Billie would definitely headline especially if booked for this year and Arctic Monkeys arent going to wait, they do there shows, maybe an album and go to hibernation so I reckon if they are doing the Sheffield shows early June, Glastonbury have there opportunity to book them and wouldn't pass them up as the other options arent as good. 1975 would headline anytime, they can wait and will wait.

I think Macca won’t sign anything yet, and I would not be surprised if they got him back. If Billie reschedules all of her dates it might count her out for Glastonbury as she wasn’t necessarily in the area at the time (we didn’t really know). She might have been the mystery sub for 2020 but I guess we don’t know.

I do think 1975 and Arctic Monkeys are too very easy options if they need to rope two acts in amongst a period of uncertainty.

Ken who is on the International festival pages and gets things right about foreign festivals has said Taylor isn't rebooking her festival gigs and someone has said Kendrick isn't rebooking his dates also. They may do a special Glastonbury gig or they will wait till next time they do Europe which seems more likely. I would say Taylor would be much less likely due to her mums health and wouldn't want to commit yet. Hence the discussion of other headliners.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

17 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Ken who is on the International festival pages and gets things right about foreign festivals has said Taylor isn't rebooking her festival gigs and someone has said Kendrick isn't rebooking his dates also. They may do a special Glastonbury gig or they will wait till next time they do Europe which seems more likely. I would say Taylor would be much less likely due to her mums health and wouldn't want to commit yet. Hence the discussion of other headliners.

I don't buy that one since she's already announced she will be rescheduling the Brazil show, and she spends half her time living in London. Can't see her mum's health being a reason she doesn't do Glastonbury when she's still travelling to Brazil.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don't buy that one since she's already announced she will be rescheduling the Brazil show, and she spends half her time living in London. Can't see her mum's health being a reason she doesn't do Glastonbury when she's still travelling to Brazil.

And didn’t cancel this year 

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Glastonbury wasn't announced with the first round of festivals so like I said it could be that Ken heard she isn't doing the commercial NOS, Werchter Boutique etc. but doing the odd special shows. She could definitely do it and if she does rearrange Brazil then she has to do Glastonbury, surely. Didn't know she mentioned rescheduling Brazil. 

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Glastonbury wasn't announced with the first round of festivals so like I said it could be that Ken heard she isn't doing the commercial NOS, Werchter Boutique etc. but doing the odd special shows. She could definitely do it and if she does rearrange Brazil then she has to do Glastonbury, surely. Didn't know she mentioned rescheduling Brazil. 

Snap!

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

2021 is ten years since Beyonce's last appearance. She'd be a major upgrade from the Arctic bloody Monkeys.

I reckon Corona has stopped any album plans bey has made. I don’t know if it’s confirmed she’s even been in the studio.