2021 Stage Predictions: Early birds with a cheat sheet this time!

Matt42

22 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Good go. I was thinking of doing one too but I was unsure about a few things.

Couple of points.

- I have a feeling Alicia keys was subbing Taylor.

- I think Idles will sub the other one day.

Other than that I guess it’s a likely lineup. Would like to see Doja Cat somehow incorporated in.

I dunno, Alicias new album hasnt done very well and neither has her tour. She'd only be getting third down due to her legacy stuff anyway - would say she is far smaller than Miley/KPezza nowadays. I assumed the Mumford secret set was the sub

50 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I dunno, Alicias new album hasnt done very well and neither has her tour. She'd only be getting third down due to her legacy stuff anyway - would say she is far smaller than Miley/KPezza nowadays. I assumed the Mumford secret set was the sub

I think Alicia subbing might be more of her management not settling for anything less.

I reckon the (2020) Sunday looked like this 

Taylor Swift / Alicia Keys / The Specials / Diana Ross 

Someone DM’ed me a while ago on the Glasto Rumours twitter saying Mumfords weren’t doing a guest slot on the pyramid stage but on a smaller one. Not sure of their credibility though 

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

We’ve done this to death, I always believed that the Sunday sub was being kept back for a larger than usual act.

We’ll probably never know definitely but I’ll always be convinced Billy Banjo was that act.

I don’t think you’re right but I guess we don’t know for certain!

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

We’ve done this to death, I always believed that the Sunday sub was being kept back for a larger than usual act.

We’ll probably never know definitely but I’ll always be convinced Billy Banjo was that act.

Listening to the Mumford comments a few months ago I tend to agree with that 

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think Alicia subbing might be more of her management not settling for anything less.

I reckon the (2020) Sunday looked like this 

Taylor Swift / Alicia Keys / The Specials / Diana Ross 

Someone DM’ed me a while ago on the Glasto Rumours twitter saying Mumfords weren’t doing a guest slot on the pyramid stage but on a smaller one. Not sure of their credibility though 

Janet played third down too...

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Well yeah I’m not saying Alicia keys can’t of played third down, but I think looking at her dates it’s probably likely she was booked. Also she’s rescheduled dates again and left a glasto gap. She could have asked to be left off the poster as at the time the poster dropped it was pretty unclear what the situation with COVID was..

1 hour ago, kingbadger said:

Wildcard prediction for Public Service Broadcasting to release a Covid themed album and headline the Glade at the same time that Pet Shop Boys headline Other. Both PSBs in the same field.

Robert Plant, Bruce Springsteen and Ian Brown to form a supergroup and play the JP at the same time.

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

And Janet has a much bigger ego which you saw in play when she posted her own version of the line up poster with her name at the top. Alicia doesnt seem to be the type and probably wouldve been more flattered and humbled to follow Diana.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. Thought it was a good time to resurrect this!

Queens of The Stone Age subbing Kendrick

Harry Styles subbing Paul McCartney

Alicia Keys subbing Taylor Swift

Other headliners the same - but Idles subbing Pet Shop Boys instead of Robyn.

war on drugs after Diana on the pyramid.

Where I couldn’t place some artists I’ve gone A-Z (alphabetical).

E36189D8-4C0F-4D84-A7FA-E1047B410AA1.png

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ey! Where have QOTSA and Harry turned up from?!

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I would swap Harry Styles and The War on Drugs. Obviously Harry Styles is bigger I think he’d fit much better as a Sunday Pyramid act. The War on Drugs in between Diana Ross and Alicia Keys would be a real mood killer and they fit much better as one of the smaller, critically acclaimed subs they usually have (The National, Tame Impala, Beck etc). A decent dad rock replacement for Noel too.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Alicia Keys would hardly be a barrel of laughs herself though.

I think QOTSA will be subbing in 2022. Next year seems like they're between albums and just picking up some pay packets covering for Rage in late-summer headline slots, so it won't be a whole summer I imagine.

I’m surprised this kinda went under the radar but @WhoOdysseyshared that Glastonbury asked one of the R&L headliners to play.

Which is why I’m thinking QOTSA could be around to fill in a missing slot.

Edited by Matt42

22 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Feel like Disclosure or Catfish would be more likely than QOTSA.

This is why I don’t think it is either of them.

- We already have other headliners. I don’t think they’d have disclosure sub.

- Catfish. I don’t think glasto would ask them to play for 2021 if they’ve not gone and booked them since 2016. (Didn’t double check the year but I know it was a while ago now).

QOSTA are not R&L exclusive either.

final edit - also let’s not forget glasto were already talking to some artists for 2021 before the pandemic hit. Would not surprise me if they were looking to bring back QOTSA.

Edited by Matt42

Was the info specifically a R/L headliner asked to sub Glastonbury or just play? None of them seem like they’d fit as subs to me, but if it’s just to play in general then Disclosure or Catfish make the most sense. Maybe Disclosure are filling in for an Other headliner (there was talk of Dua Lipa stepping up to Taylor’s headline slot) or Catfish subbing Other (or even headlining I suppose) but neither are Pyramid subs imo, and as much as I’d love it, I agree with dental that QOTSA seem unlikely for next year.