2021 Stage Predictions: Early birds with a cheat sheet this time!

Matt42

9 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Are they still around? Feels like ages ago since I've last heard about them. 

Played APE a few years back and were popping up at festivals in The US last year. 

But yeah it’s been a while since they released anything. 

8 minutes ago, sisco said:

Probably a push but Romy is meant to be bringing out a solo Album and after just watching The XX set I can’t think of anything better than her headlining The Park

Is she? That’s great news!

Sounds like we could get Jamie returning before the XX then.

Been thinking recently, for this year, that Haim were quite possibly third down that Saturday with the special guests slot underneath them. If this album does well commercially as it’s doing critically then they should be a good bet to step up into the vacated sub slot.

I know I championed them to sub 2020 and it didn’t come off but let’s roll it again!

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Been thinking recently, for this year, that Haim were quite possibly third down that Saturday with the special guests slot underneath them. If this album does well commercially as it’s doing critically then they should be a good bet to step up into the vacated sub slot.

I know I championed them to sub 2020 and it didn’t come off but let’s roll it again!

Although I think they could do it as I was also predicting them to sub Swift for a short while, I think they’ll draft in somebody new rather than bumping already booked acts up the lineup like that, especially for the Pyramid sub slot. Reckon third down is where they’ll end up next year. 

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can’t see why not. I think they’d do very well in that position.

I personally think HAIM would be great other stage headliners, but they haven’t played the pyramid in a while so it would be good to see them there!

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Can’t see why not. I think they’d do very well in that position.

I personally think HAIM would be great other stage headliners, but they haven’t played the pyramid in a while so it would be good to see them there!

They were due to headline the main stage at Latitude which, barring The Killers and Mumford, usually has similar headliners to the other stage e.g. alt-J, New Order, Portishead, so I certainly think they're capable of it 

5 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

They were due to headline the main stage at Latitude which, barring The Killers and Mumford, usually has similar headliners to the other stage e.g. alt-J, New Order, Portishead, so I certainly think they're capable of it 

I totally agree they can do those slots, but Lattitude is a weird one. Headliners don’t really follow a rhyme or reason at all. They definitely have a year or so where they punch a bit above their weight or get someone big on a deal.

35 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I totally agree they can do those slots, but Lattitude is a weird one. Headliners don’t really follow a rhyme or reason at all. They definitely have a year or so where they punch a bit above their weight or get someone big on a deal.

Agreed on that, Solange was one of the other headliners when the killers did it so there's definitely no continuity around it, just hopeful it can lead to a bigger slot for them this time round as WIMPIII is an incredible album 

Where did we think Bicep were playing btw? I thought it was Park but just realised they're not on the Spotify playlist.

Regardless, they're rescheduling their Brixton shows to '21 so will be active and I imagine they're the sort of lads that will want their slot on the farm.

• 1 month later...

Here’s a 2020 lineup titbit: Supergrass were subbing Other, on before Fatboy. I think he’s saying it was the Friday, but not entirely sure about that: 

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/leisure/18665647.see-supergrass-play-live-oxford-virtual-reality-gig/

Also says they’ve launched an 8% DIPA with Goose Island, called Man Size Brew Sir.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'd heard from AJ Tracey's manager that he was third on the Other that day.

AJ > Supergrass > Fatboy. Would have been heaps of fun – damn.

It’s funny because I kept predicting him lower than sub and was told there was no chance he would be.  It’s amazing how people are so certain of things that get proved incorrect time and time again. 

Like you, over the past few months he has become even bigger so yep, wouldn’t surprise me if he moved up the lineup somewhere.

• 1 month later...

Not had one of these for a while - might as well try and keep some hope we'll be back on the farm next year...

I have Dua/Elbow combo on Friday for if KDot can't make it over due to rona - can easily bump them up to top the stage. Not too convinced on Foals either but had no other ideas so....

FRIDAY
Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Dua Lipa // Elbow // Snow Patrol // Kacey Musgraves // Candi Staton // Special Guest Opener
Other: Wolf Alice // Dizzee Rascal // Sam Fender // Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals // Declan McKenna // Metronomy // Lianne La Havas // Happy Mondays
West Holts: Thom Yorke Tomorrow's Modern Boxes // George Benson // Thundercat // Black Uhru // Brittany Howard // Nubya Garcia // Greentea Peng // Alfa Mist
John Peel: Primal Scream // King Krule // Angel Olsen // Soccer Mommy // Rina Sawayama // Rolling Blackouts Costal Fever // beabadoobee // Lanterns On The Lake // Black Honey
Park: Caribou // Khraungbin // Sampa The Great // Kamaal Williams // Jarv Is... // Warmduscher // Squid // Silverbacks

SATURDAY
Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Foals // Aerosmith // Haim // Crowded House // Herbie Hancock // Special Guest Opener
Other: Royal Blood // Supergrass // AJ Tracey // Mabel // Carly Rae Jepsen // Editors // La Roux // The Lightning Seeds
West Holts: The Isley Brothers // Seun Kuti // TLC // Danny Brown // Snarky puppy // Tshegue // Snapped Ankles
John Peel: Charli XCX // FKA Twigs // Glass Animals // The Jesus and the Mary Chain // Clairo // Sports Team // Aluna // Sorry
Park: Manic Street Preachers // Big Thief // Laura Marling // Fontaines D.C. // EOB // Baxter Dury // Cate Le Bon // Tinariwen // The Mysterines

SUNDAY
Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // The War On Drugs // Alicia Keys // Diana Ross // The Specials // Michael Kiwanuka // Special Guest Opener
Other: Pet Shop Boys // Robyn // Jamie XX // Blossoms // Aitch // Anna Calvi // Skunk Anansie // Nadine Shah
West Holts: Kano // Kelis // Gilberto Gil // Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes // Moses Boyd // EARTHGANG // Richard Dawson // KOKOKO!
John Peel: Idles // Cage The Elephant // Burna Boy // Jessie Ware // Jehnny Beth // Lido Pimienta // The Big Moon // The Murder Capital
Park: London Grammar // The Avalanches // Phoebe Bridgers // Goldfrapp // Porridge Radio // GoGo Penguin // Confidence Man // The Orielles

2020Sep.thumb.png.501607b85ccf441b09ef6eacb0bf0b45.png

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Not had one of these for a while - might as well try and keep some hope we'll be back on the farm next year...

I have Dua/Elbow combo on Friday for if KDot can't make it over due to rona - can easily bump them up to top the stage. Not too convinced on Foals either but had no other ideas so....

FRIDAY
Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Dua Lipa // Elbow // Snow Patrol // Kacey Musgraves // Candi Staton // Special Guest Opener
Other: Wolf Alice // Dizzee Rascal // Sam Fender // Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals // Declan McKenna // Metronomy // Lianne La Havas // Happy Mondays
West Holts: Thom Yorke Tomorrow's Modern Boxes // George Benson // Thundercat // Black Uhru // Brittany Howard // Nubya Garcia // Greentea Peng // Alfa Mist
John Peel: Primal Scream // King Krule // Angel Olsen // Soccer Mommy // Rina Sawayama // Rolling Blackouts Costal Fever // beabadoobee // Lanterns On The Lake // Black Honey
Park: Caribou // Khraungbin // Sampa The Great // Kamaal Williams // Jarv Is... // Warmduscher // Squid // Silverbacks

SATURDAY
Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Foals // Aerosmith // Haim // Crowded House // Herbie Hancock // Special Guest Opener
Other: Royal Blood // Supergrass // AJ Tracey // Mabel // Carly Rae Jepsen // Editors // La Roux // The Lightning Seeds
West Holts: The Isley Brothers // Seun Kuti // TLC // Danny Brown // Snarky puppy // Tshegue // Snapped Ankles
John Peel: Charli XCX // FKA Twigs // Glass Animals // The Jesus and the Mary Chain // Clairo // Sports Team // Aluna // Sorry
Park: Manic Street Preachers // Big Thief // Laura Marling // Fontaines D.C. // EOB // Baxter Dury // Cate Le Bon // Tinariwen // The Mysterines

SUNDAY
Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // The War On Drugs // Alicia Keys // Diana Ross // The Specials // Michael Kiwanuka // Special Guest Opener
Other: Pet Shop Boys // Robyn // Jamie XX // Blossoms // Aitch // Anna Calvi // Skunk Anansie // Nadine Shah
West Holts: Kano // Kelis // Gilberto Gil // Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes // Moses Boyd // EARTHGANG // Richard Dawson // KOKOKO!
John Peel: Idles // Cage The Elephant // Burna Boy // Jessie Ware // Jehnny Beth // Lido Pimienta // The Big Moon // The Murder Capital
Park: London Grammar // The Avalanches // Phoebe Bridgers // Goldfrapp // Porridge Radio // GoGo Penguin // Confidence Man // The Orielles

Good go. I was thinking of doing one too but I was unsure about a few things.

Couple of points.

- I have a feeling Alicia keys was subbing Taylor.

- I think Idles will sub the other one day.

Other than that I guess it’s a likely lineup. Would like to see Doja Cat somehow incorporated in.

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Not bad - think Sam Fender is more likely to headline either Other or JP though considering he's got a sold out arena tour on the horizon. 

20 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Not bad - think Sam Fender is more likely to headline either Other or JP though considering he's got a sold out arena tour on the horizon. 

This time, no. Next time, yes.

Seems like 2021 could be a roll over for a lot of acts. Hence the chance Dua could still be headlining other even though she’s massive now.

3 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Stick! Stick! A thousand times stick!

Fri: Mondays, Metronomy, Thubdercat, RBCF, Fender, Dizzee, Kendrick

Sat: Sports Team, J&MC, Fontaines DC, Aerosmith, Supergrass, Macca

Sun: Murder Capital, Confidence Man, Cassetboy v DJ Rubbish, Specials, Ross, Jamie Xx, Avalanches, Pet Shop Boys.

Hell of a weekend there. Some absolutely brutal clashes though:

Confidence Man v Kiwanuka,

Kendrick v Wolf Alice

AM v Idles v PSB

28 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Ffs. We need this to happen. This post has made me mega anxious about it not being on (through no fault of the OP obviously😂)

Although Macca vs Manics would be the hardest decision I'd ever had to make in 6 Glastonbury's.

Macca vs manics vs Royal blood..😬😬

Idles vs Arctics is even worse 

17 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

Macca vs manics vs Royal blood..😬😬

Idles vs Arctics is even worse 

Yeh those 3 at the same time would be a serious headache!

I can't get into Idles. Tried and tried. Plus AM are arguably my favourite band of all time so there aren't many acts who would cause me a clash issue with them!

Is there any info on them headlining or is it just guess work?

28 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I can't get into Idles. Tried and tried. Plus AM are arguably my favourite band of all time so there aren't many acts who would cause me a clash issue with them!

A few whispers that they’re active next summer and Neil has heard they had been approached.

My suspicion has always been that they are the first cab off the rank if any of this year’s three don’t return.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Apparently AEG (i think, might be livenation) has booked Hillsborough park for a couple dates next summer - no certainty that it is for Arctics but I dont have another good idea for someone who would want to/be able to fill so many dates in Sheffield...