2021 Stage Predictions: Early birds with a cheat sheet this time!

Matt42

Just now, dentalplan said:

Don’t reckon they’ll move Dua Lipa to Pyramid sub. It seems that they could have, and perhaps initially did have her on the Pyramid but there was an idea behind her headlining the Other Stage this year. I don’t reckon they’ll row back on it to put her as a Pyramid sub.

All three Other headliners will be the same imo. Sorry National nerds and Gorillaz geeks.

Yeah having her headline Other was obviously a very intentional move as in any other year she would be prime Pyramid without question, so I agree that they're more than likely gonna stick with that. Also just don't think The National would've entered the equation even if there were Other headliner dropouts/switcheroos. 

Looking at lineups announced so far and people’s touring plans I’d be amazed if there isn’t at least 90%  of The Park, JP and Other stage back.  

Pretty sure there were lots of overseas acts on the West Holt’s so harder to predict that one.

Pyramid looks like it’ll be hit but I’ve no doubt they’ll pull it out of the bag.  (Diana Ross, Crowded House, HAIM, The Specials, Rufus Wainwright look the most likely to return at the minute)

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I will be really gutted if Herbie Hancock doesn't make it back.

A small thing when you consider the magnitude of the whole line-up, but hearing this blast this out on the Pyramid early afternoon in the sunshine would have boogie-on-down central.

He's got European dates planned for July, so fingers crossed.

Screen Shot 2020-06-13 at 10.42.07.png

4 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Honestly made my morning – thank you.

I can only see myself going down the jazz-funk rabbit hole more as I slide from my 20s to 30s, so missing Hancock while he's still kicking would be a major regret. The dream lives on!

See you down the front 👍

10 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

jools Holland just confirmed Elbow were pyramid this year. Had we had confirmation before?

We hadn’t but they weren’t on the list of acts announced on the playlists so it was presumed it was a Kendrick > Lana > Elbow run.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Anyone think Sigrid could headline a stage next year? I think she’d be a good shout for a midsized female pop act to headline a smaller stage. Could work on JP or Park if someone backs out. 

Think she’s more likely to get a spot on the pyramid next time she plays

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Anyone think Sigrid could headline a stage next year? I think she’d be a good shout for a midsized female pop act to headline a smaller stage. Could work on JP or Park if someone backs out. 

Absolutely agree with this, but also I think she could get an afternoon spot in the Pyramid. 

About the female acts touring that didn't appear in the first line up of Glasto I also missed Daughter. They will have new album and they are kind of London Grammar size. They could easily headline a small stage with a good album. 

Edited by AlexOvd

Just now, sisco said:

Think she’s more likely to get a spot on the pyramid next time she plays

Yeah that too, but I’m trying to think of female stage headliners as Glasto seems to be on track to have at least one female headliner on each stage.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah that too, but I’m trying to think of female stage headliners as Glasto seems to be on track to have at least one female headliner on each stage.

Yeah fairpoint.  Female fronted I’d say Wolf Alice may get the other at some point, But it is slim pickings at that sort of level

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah fairpoint.  Female fronted I’d say Wolf Alice may get the other at some point, But it is slim pickings at that sort of level

If WA get an album out between now and the next fest and it enjoys the same sort of success the last two did then they could be a contender.

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

If WA get an album out between now and the next fest and it enjoys the same sort of success the last two did then they could be a contender.

we had some info before didn’t we that Wolf Alice had been offered an other stage headline slot. Could have been true. I think with a new album they’d definitely be a contender.

Another one is Lorde. I think Lorde would be a great other headliner.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

we had some info before didn’t we that Wolf Alice had been offered an other stage headline slot. Could have been true. I think with a new album they’d definitely be a contender.

Another one is Lorde. I think Lorde would be a great other headliner.

Yeah someone said they’d be offered it and turned it down as they wanted to get a new album out first.

Yeah Lorde is great, she could certainly do it.  See Lana could headline the other too (but more likely to sub pyramid again).  Plenty which could do the pyramid but yeah, it’s an odd drop off after that 

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah someone said they’d be offered it and turned it down as they wanted to get a new album out first.

Yeah Lorde is great, she could certainly do it.  See Lana could headline the other too (but more likely to sub pyramid again).  Plenty which could do the pyramid but yeah, it’s an odd drop off after that 

I think there will be more and more female artists given headline slots on stages so I’m trying to think who would fit the bill. There are a fair few acts who would be great.

Edited by Matt42

54 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think there will be more and more female artists given headline slots on stages so I’m trying to think who would fit the bill. There are a fair few acts who would be great.

Probably a push but Romy is meant to be bringing out a solo Album and after just watching The XX set I can’t think of anything better than her headlining The Park

19 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Too big I'd say?

Remember when they were 5th down the Other in 2009 and absolutely embarrassed the crowd size for Glasvegas who were subs that day. Probably aged the best of that entire set of NYC indie rock. Always underestimate them at your peril.

Maybe. 

But given their time away, I wouldn’t have them as any bigger than The Flaming Lips or SFA. 

Certainly not as big as Manics either.