2021 Stage Predictions: Early birds with a cheat sheet this time!

Matt42

Kept the West Holts, John Peel, and Park lineups relatively similar to this year (based on comments on here and the Glastonbury Spotify playlists), as I'm wasn't entirely sure.

Friday:

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar / Lizzo / Crowded House / Camilla Cabello / Kasabian [SECRET SET]

Other: Fatboy Slim / Sam Fender / Mabel / La Roux / Opener: Happy Mondays

West Holts: Thom Yorke / Kelis

John Peel: Orbital / Editors

The Park: Caribou / Laura Marling

Saturday:

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys / Nick Cave / Aerosmith [SECRET SET] / Wolf Alice / Kacey Musgraves

Other: Dua Lipa / Robyn / Gerry Cinnamon / Ana Calvi

West Holts: The Isley Brothers / Thundercat

John Peel: Charlie XCX / Cage the Elephant

The Park: Manic Street Preachers / The Avalanches

Sunday:

Pyramid: Lady Gaga / Lana Del Rey / Alicia Keys / Diana Ross / Haim

Other: Pet Shop Boys / AJ Tracey / Blossoms / Declan McKenna

West Holts: Kano / TLC

John Peel: Primal Scream / FKA Twigs

The Park: London Grammar / Big Thief

I think we're going to end up getting a pretty similar lineup to this year, with a few changes.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 1:39 PM, Matt42 said:

Friday

Pyramid: The 1975 // DAVE // Elbow // Camila Cabello // Kacey Musgraves // Rufus Wainright
Other: Gorillaz // Fatboy Slim // Sam Fender // Mabel // La Roux // Declan McKenna // The Staves // Happy Mondays.
West Holts: Thom Yorke Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes // Kelis // Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes // Black Uhuru // Danny Brown // KOKOKO! // Richard Dawson
John Peel: Editors // FKA TWIGS // Aitch // AngelOlsen // Soccer Mommy // Jehnny Beth // BANKS // The Big Moon
Park: Caribou // Khruangbin // Laura Marling // Jarv... Is // Cate Le Bon /// Tinariwen

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Lizzo // HAIM // Crowded House // Candi Staton // Imelda May
Other: Dua Lipa // AJ Tracey // Supergrass // Metronomy // Nadine Shah
West Holts: The Isley Brothers // Seun Kuti // Nubya Garcia // Celeste // Snarky Puppy // Greentea Peng
John Peel: Charli XCX // Primal Scream // Tones and I // Clairo
Park: Manic Street Preachers //  Big Thief // Fontaines D.C. // Phoebe Bridgers // Confidence Man // Squid

Sunday

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // Gerry Cinnamon // Wolf Alice // Diana Ross // The Specials
Other: Pet Shop Boys // Dizzie Rascal // Blossoms // Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals // Anna Calvi // Skunk Ananise // Lianne La Havas
West Holts: Kano // TLC // Gilberto Gil // Thundercat // Brittany Howard // EARTHGANG
John Peel: The Jesus and Mary Chain // Burna Boy // Glass Animals // Cage The Elephant 
Park: London Grammar //The Avalanches // Goldfrapp // Sampa The Great // EOB // Baxter Dury // The Orielles

I'd be happy with this :) 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Why not? Emily would definitely chase her

Because it feels like every year we have this discussion when Primavera pull off outrageous line ups and many of the acts don't end up playing both, especially where American rappers/r&b artists are concerned. 

I think there are other acts that Emily would "chase" before Doja, especially with the recent news about her. 

Edited by Guy Incognito

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Would she? Eh she seems like someone who would just turn up to lovebox+parklife or maybe wireless. 

Hmm. I don’t really think it’s anything to count her out. I don’t think she’s the type of act to cash herself out.

12 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

especially with the recent news about her. 

Develop on this because Glasto have booked artists before who have said controversial things in the past. They booked Morrisey and he has a history of saying genuinely racist things.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Develop on this because Glasto have booked artists before who have said controversial things in the past. They booked Morrisey and he has a history of saying genuinely racist things

I don't think I need to develop on it too much really and the point you have made is a good one. I just don't think it's the sort of thing to benefit her chances of playing! It won't rule her out (as we can see from PS booking her) but it very well might hinder her chances. 

We could of course speak about how BAME and female acts are held to different standards than their white and/or male counterparts in that they're often lambasted more for poor behaviour and questionable morals but I don't think Emily is likely to be hypocritical in that sense. 

3 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

I don't think I need to develop on it too much really and the point you have made is a good one. I just don't think it's the sort of thing to benefit her chances of playing! It won't rule her out (as we can see from PS booking her) but it very well might hinder her chances. 

We could of course speak about how BAME and female acts are held to different standards than their white and/or male counterparts in that they're often lambasted more for poor behaviour and questionable morals but I don't think Emily is likely to be hypocritical in that sense. 

I just think that if Glastonbury gets too involved in cancel culture it will really cause problems. Unless there is a really good reason to strike someone off from the festival I don’t think it’s the right thing to do.

If a Puritan standard is adopted to booking the festival I guess we can strike off a lot of the 2020 lineup returning.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I just think that if Glastonbury gets too involved in cancel culture it will really cause problems. Unless there is a really good reason to strike someone off from the festival I don’t think it’s the right thing to do.

If a Puritan standard is adopted to booking the festival I guess we can strike off a lot of the 2020 lineup returning.

I agree, I think we're mostly saying the same thing here. I just think that recent events won't help her cause. 

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Doja Cat playing Primavera.

Was she booked for 2020?

Is she a new addition?

Where would she fit on the lineup? Bare in mind she’s become pretty fucking big now.

she was booked for wireless this year i think and wasn't at glastonbury unless she was a late addition

10 minutes ago, Ridin' Solo said:

considering the pyramid has been changed i think it will look like this

friday: LADY GAGA, Bring Me the Horizon, Gwen Stefani

saturday: JASON DERULO, JLS, Flo Rida

sunday: TAYLOR SWIFT, Jennifer Lopez, Tinie Tempah

Terrible. 

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Hmm. I don’t really think it’s anything to count her out. I don’t think she’s the type of act to cash herself out.

Develop on this because Glasto have booked artists before who have said controversial things in the past. They booked Morrisey and he has a history of saying genuinely racist things.

Oh im not saying shes ruled out, but I dont think she is particularly likely either just like most american rappers... (especially as she has no past history with the festival unlike Paak, Lizzo etc.) And I definitely dont think shes going to be something Emily will chase - her music isnt that critically acclaimed, she isnt known for her live performances, her ethos doesnt particularlly align with the fests etc.

And I dunno about wether she would cash out - shes played her game very well to get from weird meme song up to the level she is now. Could go either way...

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

While that's true, it's only really the last 3 or 4 years that it's been widely acknowledged that he's a nasty racist shit.

Back in 2011 when he last played, there was still a lot of apologists for him "oh, he's just being misinterpreted". It's his more recent and less defensible comments that have led to a re-evaluation of the dodgy shit he's been saying dating back to the 80s.

12 hours ago, incident said:

While that's true, it's only really the last 3 or 4 years that it's been widely acknowledged that he's a nasty racist shit.

Back in 2011 when he last played, there was still a lot of apologists for him "oh, he's just being misinterpreted". It's his more recent and less defensible comments that have led to a re-evaluation of the dodgy shit he's been saying dating back to the 80s.

He’s been saying these things for decades and society didn’t suddenly consider them racist 3/4 years ago. He’s had associations with white supremacy throughout his whole career and if you asked me in 2010 if this looked a bit dodgy I would say the same thing then as I did now.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

He’s been saying these things for decades and society didn’t suddenly consider them racist 3/4 years ago. He’s had associations with white supremacy throughout his whole career and if you asked me in 2010 if this looked a bit dodgy I would say the same thing then as I did now.

"society didn’t suddenly consider them racist 3/4 years ago" no, but what did change around then is that his statements became so overt that after years of making excuses for him and trying to convince themselves that he was being misinterpreted and falsely accused, his fans finally started to accept the truth.