The 2020 Hurt/Heal Game

Hugh Jass

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

One of the biggest bookings Glastonbury has ever made in my opinion. A real real coup. If she’s back in 2021 it’s going to be legendary.

But why? She's a fine throwback booking, but can't see her set being that extraordinary. 

I still like her music obviously, can't see it being one for the ages like Parton was, for instance. 

Edited by lighthouse

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

But why? She's a fine throwback booking, but can't see her set being that extraordinary. 

I still like her music obviously, can't see it being one for the ages like Parton was, for instance. 

It's an interesting one.  On the face of it Ross has a much bigger mainstream catalogue than Dolly, from the early stuff with the Supremes through her solo Motown stuff in the 70s and 80s.

Whether she would have the same stage presence to pull the crowd along in the way that Dolly did is another matter I guess.

Personally I think she is an absolutely outstanding booking.  Someone that level of pop diva royalty, not exactly known for not taking herself seriously, it's a great effort to get her.

Also, Chain Reaction.

I hope Diana is better than Parton, I thought Dolly was awful. The only reason I stayed was because the density of the crowd was too much to even attempt to leave.

I like a lot more of Diana’s back catalogue and agree that she is gonna smash it. Going to be a real feel good moment if the sun is shining!

9 hours ago, lighthouse said:

I can name about 10 songs she could play which would absolutely rip that field in half.

1 minute ago, yehbutnobut said:

I've not voted today yet, and its 6 minutes to minute. What's the rules on voting before & after? Quickly. 

Possibly frowned upon (doing back to back votes) but not forbidden. 

edit: should say I’m not 100% on that though

Edited by FloorFiller