BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

13 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I hope they raid the 90s archive a bit better than what’s detailed on that press release....far too much recent stuff on there that’s already widely avaliable. 

Who has the rights to the older stuff? 

Didn't channel 4 broadcast it originally, so it'll all be with them?

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

Emily appearing on Laverne’s show on the Friday. Guessing we might get some announcements then?

That was my first thought. I guessed an announcement on what would have been the Friday of the festival and this Potentially lines up.

The announcement actually made me feel quite emotional. Guess it hit home again that it’s not happening? The festival itself hadn’t been on my radar at all for a while now. 

Well up for watching the LCD set in the garden with a cider.

Sounds good! Nice to see a lot of effort going into this rather than just putting up a few sets on iplayer.

Coldplay 2016 was probably my favourite festival set, so was planning on rewatching that anyway. In terms of an iplayer wishlist, would be nice to get QOTSA 2011 in full. Shame there's no chance of Pulp from that year as well.

Still got the leave booked, so need to make sure I'm stocked up on beers. Might even set the tent up in the garden if I can be arsed!

Have had a brainwave re. visiting my parents in a socially distanced way and having the Glastonbury experiece.

I drive for 7 hours (to get to my parents house).

I camp in the back garden, on the slightly sloped section, for that realistic Glasto feel.

I only use the cellar toilet, so I never have to go into the house.

Get my Mum to come up with a varied menu of street food for me to munch on at illogical hours of the day.

Bring the old telly into the garden, and rave it up with Dad from a safe distance.

This could turn into a proper boss weekend.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Have had a brainwave re. visiting my parents in a socially distanced way and having the Glastonbury experiece.

I drive for 7 hours (to get to my parents house).

I camp in the back garden, on the slightly sloped section, for that realistic Glasto feel.

I only use the cellar toilet, so I never have to go into the house.

Get my Mum to come up with a varied menu of street food for me to munch on at illogical hours of the day.

Bring the old telly into the garden, and rave it up with Dad from a safe distance.

This could turn into a proper boss weekend.

Get the milkman to shout milky milky on his early morning round ... sorted :) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Were sets recorded pre 1994, would they be available?

I always think of 94/95 being the first two years where Glastonbury took off (or at least when its significance was realized to me at least). This is the set from '94 that I wish I was at (or that classic afternoon on the Other/NME stage where 4 or 5 future headliners played the same day). @Wooderson had a good point on Twitter recently where he was wondering if we could get releases of classic sets, sort of similar to that great Orbital album/dvd collection (his example) that took best bits from their 94-2004 sets that sort of made you think you were there...

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Oh I thought they did way more then that. Ok so BBC has almost everything. 

Were sets recorded pre 1994, would they be available?

Not sure.

MTV did 1993 I’m not sure if it was any full performances though! 

12 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

They've also said they'll be talking with some acts that would have been playing this year, so hopefully we'll get some self-confirmations there too

This would be great if the festival allow the acts to say if they will be there next year.

I wasn't all that fussed about watching and listening to all this from home, but in true Glastonbury fashion I think they do a good job with it and always enjoy listening to Laverne in the build up to the festival each year.

7 hours ago, tevaburger said:

I always think of 94/95 being the first two years where Glastonbury took off (or at least when its significance was realized to me at least). This is the set from '94 that I wish I was at (or that classic afternoon on the Other/NME stage where 4 or 5 future headliners played the same day). @Wooderson had a good point on Twitter recently where he was wondering if we could get releases of classic sets, sort of similar to that great Orbital album/dvd collection (his example) that took best bits from their 94-2004 sets that sort of made you think you were there...

Love that Johnny Cash footage. What stage is he on? Was it when the Pyramid wasn’t actually a pyramid? A Pymild in fact?

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

A friend of mine owns a farm and has already suggested getting a big screen projector / PA sorted in one of his fields and having a socially distanced party.

My friend does this annually ... I’ve had an invite but unfortunately don’t think me attending is wise ... social distancing and alcohol don’t really seem to go together ... 

I'm glad there is something but it feels a bit bittersweet, I'm bound to get a bit emotional about it not happening (as I'm sure many people will). 

I'll be happy when the weekend is done and the countdown is on for next year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I'm glad there is something but it feels a bit bittersweet, I'm bound to get a bit emotional about it not happening (as I'm sure many people will). 

I'll be happy when the weekend is done and the countdown is on for next year. 

I know what you mean, felt a few pangs of sadness earlier when I realised that it should be four weeks to gates opening and ordinarily this place would be in full preparation mode...