BBC Glastonbury

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lovely bloke as well. My sister worked for Virgin in Australia and Bowie regularly flew into Sydney especially in the 2000s (I think he lived there for a bit) He always used to ask for my si

I've updated the Clashfinder with all that has been announced so far. Each "program" has a link to it & a description if you hover over it. https://clashfinder.com/s/g2020

That's why you always ask nicely! :p I wrote this up more for people who aren't as much a Glastonbury buff as many are on here, but here's my recommendations from the Beeb anyway:   *Th

Posted Images

The Bowie setlist conversation must have been an interesting one - "well, we've only got two hours to play with so we'll have to leave out Space Oddity, Suffragette City and Sound & Vision". Talk about good problem to have.

Loving this 2011 'best of' on though, great combination of timeless stuff and stuff you haven't heard since 2011. I'd totally forgot about Aloe Blacc and the Vaccines.

10 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Say what you want about Coldplay - they’re great live and it’s always good to see a band who love Glastonbury 

This board has a love hate relationship with Coldplay.

I for one thought they smashed it in 2016

10 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

It's amazing to think that I almost didn't go and watch Bowie in 2000.  At the time, to my 22 year old self, he was some relic of a by-gone age, churning out dodgy 2nd rate drum and bass derivative crap.

My mate suggested we go and watch him, and I'm ever grateful to him for dragging me along!  An absolutely amazing set (apart for the dodgy 2nd rate drum and bass derivative number 🙂 )

This was me about McCartney in 2004. I was very quick to realise what a huge twat I was being. Still to this day can't think why I thought what I thought. Possibly the whole, "Glastonbury's all about up and coming white boys with guitars", thing at the time. Guess I matured earlier than Noel Gallagher then.

And, how very dare you. As I stated before, Earthling is a criminally underrated album. It's like Bowie out prodigies The Prodigy.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Saw this tweet in the comments of that, had never seen that clip before:

Is that the Paxman interview? Always loved that.

53 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I'm not sure if the version of Bowie on iplayer is in 4k or something but it's clocking in at around 30gb when ripping it (in comparison to 2-3.5gb for other full sets). 

The 30gb version is the whole day, just checked my part download.

the 4.7gb on Iplayer now is the set.

Edited by Mr Splodge
17 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

An absolute banger into Coldplay FFS!

16 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Say what you want about Coldplay - they’re great live and it’s always good to see a band who love Glastonbury 

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This board has a love hate relationship with Coldplay.

I for one thought they smashed it in 2016

Yeah. Please don't get me wrong. I was on here last night raving about how good 2016 was.

It's just that personally I think musically they're a bit bland. Always liked the Noel Gallagher quote, "Bed wetters music" (though that may have been about Embrace).

Its popular to knock the beeb but they've played a blinder this weekend. Exactly what I needed and now I feel super emotional and cannot wait for us to move past this horrible chapter in our lives and get back to normality (hopefully) in 2021

Loving Ed. Talented guy. Haven't watched this set before. I'm enjoying it.

37 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

This was me about McCartney in 2004. I was very quick to realise what a huge twat I was being. Still to this day can't think why I thought what I thought. Possibly the whole, "Glastonbury's all about up and coming white boys with guitars", thing at the time. Guess I matured earlier than Noel Gallagher then.

And, how very dare you. As I stated before, Earthling is a criminally underrated album. It's like Bowie out prodigies The Prodigy.

Is that the Paxman interview? Always loved that.

#StayWoke

1 hour ago, Mr Splodge said:

The 30gb version is the whole day, just checked my part download.

the 4.7gb on Iplayer now is the set.

Uploading the parts that arent on iplayer from all the days? 

4 hours ago, VCK said:

#StayWoke

??? Excuse me?

I am actually still awake (just).

It's time for bed. I'm not used to having a setlist on a Monday to wake up for.