BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

On 8/3/2020 at 4:08 PM, Stokesy10 said:

Does aaaaaanyone know how to get the full Bowie video? Most of it is on YouTube in individual tracks (some have now been taken down). I've watched it a few times but I'm desperate to watch it again with some friends soon who've yet to see it. Any advice massively welcome. I'd buy the DVD off Amazon if I could afford to, but no chance any time soon!

Thank you x

I could send it to you if you want. 

Just PM me

22 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Reading gonna have a go at this. I never wouldve thought Billie Eilish is already a “classic” 🤔

345372D8-A886-4520-BAC5-247567F34199.jpeg

They really got their ass smacked this year for having an appalling ratio of men to women on the line-up, only 20% of the acts listed on the main poster have at least one female / non-binary member:

Lucy on Twitter: "The @OfficialRandL lineup with the men removed ...

It seems like to try and mask that, they've put acts that played BBC Introducing and called them "classics". I'm not sure anyone would describe Olivia Nelson, who subbed BBC Introducing last year a "classic" Reading and Leeds set.

Edited by Miyn

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Nah, Radiohead in '09 was the best show of the In Rainbows era (and arguably not bettered since). Muse '06 has a fair claim to being their best performance ever, full stop. Billie and Biffy both made significant leaps up the pop culture ladder at Reading too.

Two things can be true: Reading has less classic moments than Glasto, but it doesn't have only the one.

Bang on. Probably the best time I've ever seen Radiohead and *whispers* , better than their performance on the Pyramid in 2017.

13 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Nah, Radiohead in '09 was the best show of the In Rainbows era (and arguably not bettered since). Muse '06 has a fair claim to being their best performance ever, full stop. Billie and Biffy both made significant leaps up the pop culture ladder at Reading too.

lisa.jpg

14 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Two things can be true: Reading has less classic moments than Glasto, but it doesn't have only the one.

Radiohead in 2009 bored me to death! 

On 8/14/2020 at 9:12 AM, Ddiamondd said:

You didnt see then in Mexico City that year. ( I sure did and Kraftwerk opened ) 🧐

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Oh yeah that was a banger. Go back to it all the time. The cinematography on this is stellar, especially during Power Out > Rebellion.

I was just getting into Arcade Fire around that time but watching that set on TV is what really made me a fan, a phenomenal set. Power Out into Rebellion is always a highlight of Arcade Fire sets when they do it but it's especially good in that video, goosebumps every time when it kicks into Rebellion after that wall of noise. I'm not sure there's a better live act around at the moment.

On 8/14/2020 at 5:00 PM, Miyn said:

It seems like to try and mask that, they've put acts that played BBC Introducing and called them "classics". I'm not sure anyone would describe Olivia Nelson, who subbed BBC Introducing last year a "classic" Reading and Leeds set.

It’s not ‘masking‘, it’s learning.

3 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

The 2006/7 tour was never recorded professionally, deliberately so, but there are fan made ones online.

Thank you, I had a feeling that was the case. I've never found a particularly decent one though. Thanks anyway