BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

10 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

I listened to Underworld from West Holts 2016 earlier today.  I was at that and was a bit underwhelmed.  Watching dance music as if it was a proper gig hardly ever works for me.  Really enjoyed the audio though.

That was my set of the weekend, got front and centre then hot footed it round to the SE corner straight afterwards for the Hot Chip Prince tribute set. Was a cracking night.

• Upvote 1

So just got round to watching Bowie 2000 for the first time.

First few tracks I thought OK, decent (I love China Girl but this part didn't blow me away). Little did I know he was getting warmed up and going through the gears and was about to produce a masterpiece of the highest possible proportions.

It is utterly, utterly astounding. The band... (particularly Gail Ann Dorsey) are on another planet.

The only way I can describe him is God-like. His energy and mannerisms during Under Pressure, the power of Rebel Rebel, the emotion in Ziggy Stardust (one of the greatest intro's of all time?) blew my face off. 

It was emotional, brilliant, phenomenal, there aren't enough words.

I read about how he didn't want it to be broadcast and his publicist alluded to the fact that Bowie knew how special it would be and to keep it sacred.

You lucky, lucky folk who were there. X

Edited by Stokesy10

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, DJL said:

Don't suppose anyone has found the full Prodigy 2009 set anywhere? Also an audio of the Hot Chip DJ tribute to Prince (audio)? Please and thank you.

I swear I might have it buried on a dvd somewhere. And other than that theres pieced together bits of the broadcast because bbc never aired it in full. I think it was missing 3 songs or so. But as stated before with the bbc staff not having total access to their archive maybe we’ll get lucky and next year there will be something like this again to compliment the festival. We know they could easily have a weekend of programming that was totally different than what we saw last month. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, incident said:

Was the version on iPlayer until a couple days ago incomplete? I downloaded it and it clocks in at 1:18.

The version from iPlayer begins with Daysleeper, but according to setlist.fm, this was the 7th track of the set.

19 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

for any REM fans 

I might be being optimistic, but I am picking up a far higher level of media interaction from REM/Stipe. Stipe being back in the studio recording solo stuff, doing some vocals with Big Red Machine, interviews in some of the music press, and now this sitting apart from the main Glastonbury binge on iPlayer.
Feels a lot like someone ready to get back out there and testing current popularity, whether that is Stipe on his own or a full REM reunion is the more difficult part to predict.

43 minutes ago, Cherry Tree said:

I might be being optimistic, but I am picking up a far higher level of media interaction from REM/Stipe. Stipe being back in the studio recording solo stuff, doing some vocals with Big Red Machine, interviews in some of the music press, and now this sitting apart from the main Glastonbury binge on iPlayer.
Feels a lot like someone ready to get back out there and testing current popularity, whether that is Stipe on his own or a full REM reunion is the more difficult part to predict.

Don’t get my hopes up :) 

Does aaaaaanyone know how to get the full Bowie video? Most of it is on YouTube in individual tracks (some have now been taken down). I've watched it a few times but I'm desperate to watch it again with some friends soon who've yet to see it. Any advice massively welcome. I'd buy the DVD off Amazon if I could afford to, but no chance any time soon!

Thank you x