BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

35 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

1st year we went in 2010 I remember sitting up near the Glastobury sign early hours and someone let off one those things - flaming oil was dripping everywhere and then it bashed into the sign, I've never seen so many people sprint over to make sure it didn't set the whole sign alight!! It was a funny and dangerous at the same time, very glad they are banned now tbh

We were quite far back for Stevie Wonder back in 2010 & I remember one getting caught in the big tree & another floating off & landing somewhere to the right of Kidney Mead campsite as the sun went down.

1 minute ago, Bisque said:

We were quite far back for Stevie Wonder back in 2010 & I remember one getting caught in the big tree & another floating off & landing somewhere to the right of Kidney Mead campsite as the sun went down.

You can’t even inadvertently set fire to a shed full of cattle any more. It’s political correctness gone mad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bisque said:

Didnt one burn a tree down near the Stone Circle in 2011 or did I dream that?

1 minute ago, Homer said:

You can’t even inadvertently set fire to a shed full of cattle any more. It’s political correctness gone mad.

I think another point was that they had loads of sharp wires in them too that cattle could potential stand on or eat. You can get bio-degradable ones now though. They have them in Bali for ceremonial & religious processions but only along the beaches where they totally burn up.

Graham Coxon was always a favourite guitarist of mine. It just wasn't Blur without him for that (was it) one album. So glad he managed to overcome his alcohol issues. His solo stuff wasn't bad either.

Him and Jonny Greenwood were the pop guitarists of the nineties for me.

(Only a rock star could get away with Greenwoods haircut (aka The Better Phil Oakey Wedge)).

1 minute ago, Homer said:

Agreed. My mate has passed out. Might retire and listen to some comedy while I’m still a bit pissed 

I need to go to bed also.

I just spent what seems like the last hour or so typing about how 2009 was so special for me for various reasons. A fucking thesis it was. Poured my heart (relevant) out I did.

Then I clicked the wrong button on my mouse or something and it all just disappeared.

Night night. I've metaphorically got the A303 to deal with tomorrow. 

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Watched Blur this weekend... watched the Prodigy at the time & absolutely no regrets.

I had a great night.

Blur gig looked good, but the Prodigy was the only full group headliner set we saw. 2 of those who came with us split up as partners between 2009/10 & none have come back to worthy.

Think that’s where my regret stems from.

I know I’m in the minority here, but having seen them a few times, I didn’t rate Prodigy live.

They were OK.

But I much preferred them on record. 

Found Liam and Maxim too “shouty”. By that I mean the hype man style stuff throughout every single song.

Again, I know that’s not a popular view!