BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

15 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I did. Is some of your work featured?

Yep, supplied wooden mushrooms for 8 or 10 years. The set designer is a chap called Markus Blee, designs the set for Big Brother , Hell's kitchen and a load of other TV stuff.

Always good working for the BBc although it was always a case of doing it for just about bugger all as 'You'll get the exposure'. Erm, OK :)

The BBC garden used to be in a hidden compound behind the pyramid  then a few years ago moved to a raised platform above The Park.

The last time I worked with the BBC there, I think 3 years ago, I added a set of magic mushrooms (liberty caps)  to their order. They were right in the middle of the deck in the middle of the deck/filming area. The following year the BBC didn't require my services.

I mentioned this to a mate who replied 'What the f... did you expect? You effin' spiked The BBC with Magic Mushrooms and it went out on TV worldwide!'

True story :D

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Fair enough. I may have actually got Dave confused with someone else. In fact I'm pretty sure of it now thinking it through. Who was the guy on The Park with the really good brass section,? 'cuase that's who I preferred to Stormzy.

(I'm getting old and can't keep up. I swore I'd never be that guy and would always keep up with trends and pop music., but, here I am).

Maybe you're thinking of Kano?

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

The grimes set is really good. Bit gutted I missed it - but turns out I was watching LCD TBF 

A friend of mine managed to do half and half, due to Grimes starting 30 minutes I think before LCD, he watched her from near the back and then quick walked to LCD and made it in time for the start of Daft Punk. 

11 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Fair enough. I may have actually got Dave confused with someone else. In fact I'm pretty sure of it now thinking it through. Who was the guy on The Park with the really good brass section,? 'cuase that's who I preferred to Stormzy.

(I'm getting old and can't keep up. I swore I'd never be that guy and would always keep up with trends and pop music., but, here I am).

As Gilgamesh thought, you're thinking of Kano!  He was great in 2017

1 hour ago, lazyred said:

the get iplayer web pvr schedule only shows the broadcast sets. If you want single sets, get the codes (PID) from the url for each set and use them in the get_iplayer command

eg get_iplayer --pid m000kjjw --pid p08gk982 --pid p055ysv6

Thank you for this 

Watched Blur this weekend... watched the Prodigy at the time & absolutely no regrets.

I had a great night.

Blur gig looked good, but the Prodigy was the only full group headliner set we saw. 2 of those who came with us split up as partners between 2009/10 & none have come back to worthy. 

But Blur looked good to be honest. 

I'd only regret picking an act over another if what I watched was shit. I.e. The Gorillaz over the Flaming Lips in 2010. I had to be looked after in the heat & followed my mates. Which is my excuse.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, Homer said:

The grimes set is really good. Bit gutted I missed it - but turns out I was watching LCD TBF 

I went to Grimes, left during her last song and managed to catch LCD (missed the first 2 songs though). LCD still one of the best shows I've ever been to even after missing the start.

1 hour ago, ogriff said:

I don't find Dave a particularly engaging performer. There's no real energy or dynamism, he just wanders about, lightly jabbing with one hand and very clearly and competently rapping. But worse than that there's a lack of stagecraft, and - for the lack of a better word - oomph to his shows (Alex at glasto type moments aside) And I say that as someone who really likes his music!  He just doesn't have the force of personality of Stormzy, Skepta and the likes, for me.

Yeah I feel the same about Dave, I rate him as an artist but live he doesn't do it for me. I think people touting him as a future headliner are way off tbh

Edited by Mouseboy11

20 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Yep, supplied wooden mushrooms for 8 or 10 years. The set designer is a chap called Markus Blee, designs the set for Big Brother , Hell's kitchen and a load of other TV stuff.

Always good working for the BBc although it was always a case of doing it for just about bugger all as 'You'll get the exposure'. Erm, OK :)

The BBC garden used to be in a hidden compound behind the pyramid  then a few years ago moved to a raised platform above The Park.

The last time I worked with the BBC there, I think 3 years ago, I added a set of magic mushrooms (liberty caps)  to their order. They were right in the middle of the deck in the middle of the deck/filming area. The following year the BBC didn't require my services.

I mentioned this to a mate who replied 'What the f... did you expect? You effin' spiked The BBC with Magic Mushrooms and it went out on TV worldwide!'

True story :D

They should have paid you properly then. r/ChoosingBeggers springs to mind.

Reminds me of a party invite I once had. "You can bring your guitar".

"Well, that'll be twenty five quid an hour then. Mates rates, we'll call it twenty".

Turns out said invite was conditional.

Didn't the BBC used to have a glass treehouse type contraption at The Pyramid? It was behind the fence but clearly visible iirc. Cider Bus side. I may be mistaken.

Watching the performances from their current place at The Park, it intrigues me that the footage appears to show people just walking past them below, completely oblivious to what's going on above/right next door them. Given the sound bleed that plagues so many areas of the place, I find that remarkable. 

16 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

These were great... Particularly this

That year (2015?) on the Friday night - me and my mate went to the SE Corner. At about 4am someone sat next to us and was talking to us for ages. He said he was called Mark. He pulled out a massive wad of cash & asked us if we wanted a drink. We said ok & he came back with a bottle of champagne, 3 glasses and said we didnt owe him anything. (Tbf I bet he pulled out a grand from his pocket, he didnt need it).

Afterwards he told us he was staying offsite. We went back to the tent.

I convinced my mate that it was Mark Ronson. He tells everyone that Mark Ronson bought us a bottle of champagne at glastonbury.

It's his claim to fame.

It wasnt.

Not sure who he was, but he was sound.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

28 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

These were great... Particularly this

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

That year (2015?) on the Friday night - me and my mate went to the SE Corner. At about 4am someone sat next to us and was talking to us for ages. He said he was called Mark. He pulled out a massive wad of cash & asked us if we wanted a drink. We said ok & he came back with a bottle of champagne, 3 glasses and said we didnt owe him anything. (Tbf I bet he pulled out a grand from his pocket, he didnt need it).

Afterwards he told us he was staying offsite. We went back to the tent.

I convinced my mate that it was Mark Ronson. He tells everyone that Mark Ronson bought us a bottle of champagne at glastonbury.

It's his claim to fame.

It wasnt.

Not sure who he was, but he was sound.

think i would rather had Mark Ronson sit beside me and say "would you like to hear my friend here sing...??"

Keep ya champagne Ronson.!

• Upvote 1