BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

Get iPlayer only seems to be able to find the programs that have been broadcast on TV. Is it not able to download the full sets that are only available on iPlayer?

58 minutes ago, Homer said:

what are we all drinking and watching?

Rum and Lemonade (my cola ran out).

I'm going to have to take a run to the bar as said rum is not going to last me through Blur tonight. I'll wait for Adele, as it's the equivalent of a repetitive drum solo.

Good grief. I did a shop Friday. A box of cider, three bottles of wine  and a litre of rum later :o. Good job I don't have to drive home.

Is this the right thread? (staggers)

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Get iPlayer only seems to be able to find the programs that have been broadcast on TV. Is it not able to download the full sets that are only available on iPlayer?

What command are you using?

try
get_iplayer --pid=b007r6vx --pid-recursive

Edited by dotdash79

17 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Yes noticed this earlier. Used to be able to grab anything with the PID but doesn’t seem to let you anymore. Not sure what other solutions there are 😕 

20 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

the get iplayer web pvr schedule only shows the broadcast sets. If you want single sets, get the codes (PID) from the url for each set and use them in the get_iplayer command

eg get_iplayer --pid m000kjjw --pid p08gk982 --pid p055ysv6

Have watched Blur, Wolf Alice and Glass Animals today (so far).  

Can see what people meant by the Blur performance..... magical.

Wolf Alice - remember being worried about them with a daytime pyramid slot but they were brilliant.

Glass Animals - really like the frontman, very energetic, were one I wanted to see this year so I hope they’re back again. 

9 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

What command are you using?

try
get_iplayer --pid=b007r6vx --pid-recursive

That has found everything, cheers! Only thing is, it seems to be automatically downloading the whole list!

17 minutes ago, lazyred said:

the get iplayer web pvr schedule only shows the broadcast sets. If you want single sets, get the codes (PID) from the url for each set and use them in the get_iplayer command

eg get_iplayer --pid m000kjjw --pid p08gk982 --pid p055ysv6

You can also supply a single, comma-separated list, like so:

get_iplayer --pid m000kjjw,p08gk982,p055ysv6

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

That has found everything, cheers! Only thing is, it seems to be automatically downloading the whole list!

Thats kinda the point of that command. Youll get tons of audio too. But as mentioned above you can use the single urls to get specific things.

so who recorded and is going to upload the 2010 and 2016 highlights programs that was on the tele this weekend. And Scissor Sisters.

Edited by Suprefan

9 minutes ago, MoilyX said:

You can also supply a single, comma-separated list, like so:

get_iplayer --pid m000kjjw,p08gk982,p055ysv6

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. 

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

I think I prefered Dave (wasn't at either mind).

I don't find Dave a particularly engaging performer. There's no real energy or dynamism, he just wanders about, lightly jabbing with one hand and very clearly and competently rapping. But worse than that there's a lack of stagecraft, and - for the lack of a better word - oomph to his shows (Alex at glasto type moments aside) And I say that as someone who really likes his music!  He just doesn't have the force of personality of Stormzy, Skepta and the likes, for me.

1 minute ago, ogriff said:

I don't find Dave a particularly engaging performer. There's no real energy or dynamism, he just wanders about, lightly jabbing with one hand and very clearly and competently rapping. But worse than that there's a lack of stagecraft, and - for the lack of a better word - oomph to his shows (Alex at glasto type moments aside) And I say that as someone who really likes his music!  He just doesn't have the force of personality of Stormzy, Skepta and the likes, for me.

Fair enough. I may have actually got Dave confused with someone else. In fact I'm pretty sure of it now thinking it through. Who was the guy on The Park with the really good brass section,? 'cuase that's who I preferred to Stormzy.

(I'm getting old and can't keep up. I swore I'd never be that guy and would always keep up with trends and pop music., but, here I am).