BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

53 minutes ago, Spindles said:

I'm not sure if the version of Bowie on iplayer is in 4k or something but it's clocking in at around 30gb when ripping it (in comparison to 2-3.5gb for other full sets). 

The 30gb version is the whole day, just checked my part download.

the 4.7gb on Iplayer now is the set.

Edited by Mr Splodge

17 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

An absolute banger into Coldplay FFS!

16 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Say what you want about Coldplay - they’re great live and it’s always good to see a band who love Glastonbury 

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

This board has a love hate relationship with Coldplay.

I for one thought they smashed it in 2016

Yeah. Please don't get me wrong. I was on here last night raving about how good 2016 was.

It's just that personally I think musically they're a bit bland. Always liked the Noel Gallagher quote, "Bed wetters music" (though that may have been about Embrace).

37 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

This was me about McCartney in 2004. I was very quick to realise what a huge twat I was being. Still to this day can't think why I thought what I thought. Possibly the whole, "Glastonbury's all about up and coming white boys with guitars", thing at the time. Guess I matured earlier than Noel Gallagher then.

And, how very dare you. As I stated before, Earthling is a criminally underrated album. It's like Bowie out prodigies The Prodigy.

Is that the Paxman interview? Always loved that.

#StayWoke

I enjoyed the REM clips from 2003- wish they had that full set on player instead of 1999 (as I was there!).

I know they'll never reform or headline again, but out of curiosity, how popular/well known are REM these days among younger people? 

12 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I enjoyed the REM clips from 2003- wish they had that full set on player instead of 1999 (as I was there!).

I know they'll never reform or headline again, but out of curiosity, how popular/well known are REM these days among younger people? 

Not sure about younger people but I always imagined that if REM ever did return they’d be a shoo-in for BST.