BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I need to give it up. Got work tomorrow.

Nighty night y’all.

It has been emotional.

Work for me too - but away to bed happy after watching that - Legendary set

Edited by circus92

10 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Here is an hour-long mix of Bowie and Bowie-adjacent songs from Soulwax.

It is set to a surreal, dreamlike portrayal of Bowie's early-mid artistic life.

It is worth watching.

Just in case anyone who fancies immersing themselves in Bowie missed this

Great to relive that set. The crowd has drifted away now so I'm off to the cabaret to see Woody Bop Muddy throw some rice around, scratch up some records on a crappy little turntable and smash most of them with his hammer. 

Edited by Fingerbobs
Stuff
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Fingerbobs said:

Great to relive that set. The crowd has drifted away now so I'm off to the cabaret to see Woody Bop Muddy throw some rice around, scratch up some records on a crappy little turntable and smash most of them with his hammer. 

Loved those shows.

It's amazing to think that I almost didn't go and watch Bowie in 2000.  At the time, to my 22 year old self, he was some relic of a by-gone age, churning out dodgy 2nd rate drum and bass derivative crap.

My mate suggested we go and watch him, and I'm ever grateful to him for dragging me along!  An absolutely amazing set (apart for the dodgy 2nd rate drum and bass derivative number 🙂 )

The Bowie setlist conversation must have been an interesting one - "well, we've only got two hours to play with so we'll have to leave out Space Oddity, Suffragette City and Sound & Vision". Talk about good problem to have.

Loving this 2011 'best of' on though, great combination of timeless stuff and stuff you haven't heard since 2011. I'd totally forgot about Aloe Blacc and the Vaccines.

10 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Say what you want about Coldplay - they’re great live and it’s always good to see a band who love Glastonbury 

This board has a love hate relationship with Coldplay.

I for one thought they smashed it in 2016

10 minutes ago, windy_miller said:

It's amazing to think that I almost didn't go and watch Bowie in 2000.  At the time, to my 22 year old self, he was some relic of a by-gone age, churning out dodgy 2nd rate drum and bass derivative crap.

My mate suggested we go and watch him, and I'm ever grateful to him for dragging me along!  An absolutely amazing set (apart for the dodgy 2nd rate drum and bass derivative number 🙂 )

This was me about McCartney in 2004. I was very quick to realise what a huge twat I was being. Still to this day can't think why I thought what I thought. Possibly the whole, "Glastonbury's all about up and coming white boys with guitars", thing at the time. Guess I matured earlier than Noel Gallagher then.

And, how very dare you. As I stated before, Earthling is a criminally underrated album. It's like Bowie out prodigies The Prodigy.

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Saw this tweet in the comments of that, had never seen that clip before:

Is that the Paxman interview? Always loved that.