BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

2 minutes ago, sedra said:

In those days the headliners started alot later - his set started at around 10.30pm. Chemical Brothers pyramid headliner on Friday was nearly 11pm start! 

That's what I love about some of those euro festivals. Saw The Cure last year and they played from about 11 til 1

Given the festival has less resistance from locals these days, I wonder if they asked to push a bit later on the Friday and Saturday through to 12:30 or 1am whether the council would approve it now. They may not want to due to the pull of the SE corner now but would be interesting.

Wasn't there but I'm pretty sure I would have just lost it at All The Young Dudes. Waving my arms in the air at home here.

I always fancied having hair like Bowie in his fifties, By the time I get to a barbers after all of this I might have the length.

And he really does have some of the most iconic guitar riffs of all time doesn't he (Ronson, Rodgers, Vaughn off the top of my head).

Don't think I've watched this since the original broadcast.

Edited by MrZigster

29 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

The bonfires were still a thing during the first couple of years I went in 2004 & 2005 but I think got banned after that? (I might be wrong)

It was still a thing for my first couple of years 2009 & 2010.

I missed 2011 & 2012 was a fallow year. When I came back in 2013 fires & torches seem to have died a death.

I always felt all the smoke made the place feel more magical & mystical.

Chinese lanterns seemed to die out around the same time

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PolygonWindow said:

Is anyone else watching this and really struggling to come to terms with him not being around anymore? You see him tearing up the stage like some kind of god, he looks invincible.

Complete legend - sorely missed.

Can you think of anyone of this calibre around these days?

35 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Lovely bloke as well.

My sister worked for Virgin in Australia and Bowie regularly flew into Sydney especially in the 2000s (I think he lived there for a bit)

He always used to ask for my sister and her mate to facilitate them through Sydney Airport as they were English and he liked to hear a home accent, and they just used to have a bit of banter.

Think this pic is around 2004 (?) - Reality tour possibly.

Much missed

bowie.jpg

Well, massive thanks to your sister for getting him in safely because 18 year old me was backpacking Australia in 2004 and after seeing an ad for his Reality tour in TNT magazine I rerouted my trip to see him in Brisbane. 

One of the best decisions I ever made. 

• Like 1