BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

16 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

There's a special place in hell for whoever holds the "I love sausages" flag.

Swear they are at every set!

I said something of a similar sentiment last night during the Springsteen excerpt but it got lost as it was busy on here. I believe it was an advert from a sausage stand somewhere on site. As the issue of flags got quite high up agendas after 2009 (when the poor Beeb couldn't use half their cameras due to them) they got a personal warning that they were not to take their flag into the arenas. They did it again, because of course they did. Their stand never returned. Thats the story as I understand it. Could be wrong. It certainly hasn't been seen since.

Karma comes around eventually.

The damn thing still gets my blood pressure up though!

13 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Dare I say it but the field doesn't look rammed for the beginning of this Bowie set...

Yeh I thought that...what's that about? Just seems like a gap in the middle behind sound box though?

Aaaah I love this one!!!!!

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!!!

2 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

I said something of a similar sentiment last night during the Springsteen excerpt but it got lost as it was busy on here. I believe it was an advert from a sausage stand somewhere on site. As the issue of flags got quite high up agendas after 2009 (when the poor Beeb couldn't use half their cameras due to them) they got a personal warning that they were not to take their flag into the arenas. They did it again, because of course they did. Their stand never returned. Thats the story as I understand it. Could be wrong. It certainly hasn't been seen since.

Karma comes around eventually.

The damn thing still gets my blood pressure up though!

I’m 6ft2 and I recall not being able to see the stage during Kasabian in 2009 because there were so many flags.

8 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

If I could go back and see them instead of the Prodigy I would :(

5 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I made the same mistake :( 

Black Eyed Peas (Cringe. Worst. Choice. Ever. (possibly)).

Hey I had tickets for Blur at Hyde Park the weekend after is my excuse. Didn't want to spoil it. Gig Of The Decade that '09 performance wasn't it. Probably my biggest regret in fourteen (I think) festivals.

And The Prodigy are another of those acts that I've missed there at least three times due to shifts and clashes (Elbow and Pulp/Cocker being the other two that spring to mind). Never going to get to rectify that one properly now.

45 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

This Blur set is the one that forced me into action. I'd been watching for years saying I must go there one year. After this I just had to go. One of my biggest regrets is how late I left it and that I didn't get to see this live. 

I actually had a ticket for 2009 but handed it back in as was going on holiday to Barcelona instead.... my 1st year was 2010 instead, I don't regret the decision but that Blur set was amazing!!