BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

Yeah ELO were the most lacklustre of the legends I have seen, Paul Simon wasn't really on form either but he had (baking) sunshine so felt a bit better. This is the first TV show I have watched as it went out, nice to have a bit of a communal experience which is what this slot is all about.

6 hours ago, Henrik said:

All this footage has been superb. 

Ah man, imagine ever getting a ticket again. 

If (and it's a really BIG if) they do this for every future festival weekend it may slightly lessen the pain of not actually being there I was thinking (I'm kidding myself possibly?)..

6 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Tried to watch the Brian Wilson coverage but found it a bit sad as a big fan...he should be not be having to tour.

Ditto Kris Kristofferson. He struggled to get off his bus when I encountered him about a year ago.

4 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

If you haven’t watched Björk’s 2007 set this weekend, then you’re not doing it properly 

Ditto Oasis 1994.

4 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Kylie's dress is stunning!!

As is Jo Wiley's tonight. Really great. Smashing. Super. Excellent. Brilliant.

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

Fucking hell. People moan about the BBC/ paying the licence fee. Where would have been this weekend without this cavalcade of brilliance?

Absolutely. I'm reminded of the old Not The Nine O'Clock News Points Of View sketch. "I would willingly sell my house, and all of its contents to help The BBC". That good. They've absolutely fucking nailed it. Thought I'd be really miserable this weekend, but the combination of the beeb and this place have somewhat rescued it. Nice one @Neil/ @eFestivalsand all of you.

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

I think it was with Jo Whiley. 

Was deffo on the beeb.

I think Chris Evans was taking credit for ELO being there, is what I mean. He's mad for 'em.

1 minute ago, crocodiles said:

I know I'm in a minority here but I really enjoyed elo I realise Jeff Lynne isn't a showman but just great songs .

Kylie was much more of a party but wouldn't have expected anything less 

They were good songs performed well. Can't say I 'really enjoyed' it but I wasn't disappointed. Could have been better but the whole site was in a dour mood because of the exhausting weekend trudging through a bog.

Just now, dentalplan said:

I think Chris Evans was taking credit for ELO being there, is what I mean. He's mad for 'em.

They were good songs performed well. Can't say I 'really enjoyed' it but I wasn't disappointed. Could have been better but the whole site was in a dour mood because of the exhausting weekend trudging through a bog.

True was just saying legend slot is designed to revitalise everyone who is flagging on last night and elo didn't do that plus as you say mud sapped everyone that year 

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Isn’t it just great watching the bbc coverage, no matter who is playing, and seeing all the smiling faces in the audiences, the groups of friends having the time of their lives, kids just being what kids should be, carefree .  Watching all the crowds has been a real treat, probably because I know exactly how they are feeling at that moment.

Yep have to say maybe it's the sign of me getting old as well but it proper melts my heart when I see kids belting out every word to an artist. Watching the fronts rows watching Dave yesterday and screaming every word 😍

19 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I prefer to concentrate on bigging up the things I love rather than slating what I don't like. I think there's already enough negativity in the world and I accept that not everyone is going to be for me and that's ok because there's more than enough stuff in the world that is for me. 

That's a vibe 💚

3 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

If (and it's a really BIG if) they do this for every future festival weekend it may slightly lessen the pain of not actually being there I was thinking (I'm kidding myself possibly?)..

Ditto Kris Kristofferson. He struggled to get off his bus when I encountered him about a year ago.

Ditto Oasis 1994.

As is Jo Wiley's tonight. Really great. Smashing. Super. Excellent. Brilliant.

Absolutely. I'm reminded of the old Not The Nine O'Clock News Points Of View sketch. "I would willingly sell my house, and all of its contents to help The BBC". That good. They've absolutely fucking nailed it. Thought I'd be really miserable this weekend, but the combination of the beeb and this place have somewhat rescued it. Nice one @Neil/ @eFestivalsand all of you.

Yeah, this. It's not been Glastonbury but it has still been my highlight of the Summer (at least) so far

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'd definitely argue that Muse's 2010 gig was better than 2016.

When the opening chords to "where the streets have no name" played I proper happy cried.

that's what I woud have chosen too. That was a pretty incredible moment!