BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

Enjoying this Killers set. I saw them at Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms in March 2004 where they were the support to Stellastarr (love that band). Killers look great here.

37 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Mmmm interesting, this is only my point of view, but I always think the Killers are one of those bands who peaked with their first album which was superb and struggled to keep it up for future albums, although maintained a consistently high level of commerical success. I feel the same about Kasabin, Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire. Just my opinion though, I suspect it's mainly because I remember those first albums too fondly, and have been too lazy to spend enough time looking at their latest material.

Musically yeah I'd probably agree but those songs are better belted in bigger venues and have gotten better as the band stepped up.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

U2 weren’t happy with their set so probably said no. Dunno about Stevie.

Bit like Led Zep after their shitshow with Phil Collins in LiveAid. They withdrew any future rights for broadcast etc in order to bury it.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Going down a storm to be fair.

I don’t have to post the video this time as we are all watching it ha ha ha 

@jparx @dentalplan @crazyfool1

5 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Mad that people say this guy will headline someday.

"White singer-songwriter guy with a guitar" is like the most dull vanilla genre of music out there 

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t worry everybody - Ezra ain’t gonna headline.

You say that Ezra, Capaldi, Billie ain’t going to headline. Do you not think you’re just getting a bit old and pushing all the younger acts down? Surely one of these lot you say are NEVER going to headline will headline?

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You say that Ezra, Capaldi, Billie ain’t going to headline. Do you not think you’re just getting a bit old and pushing all the younger acts down? Surely one of these lot you say are NEVER going to headline will headline?

and some of the ones you say will ... won't :) 

• Like 1

seen ezra twice live and is genuinely good fun which is what people are after! however opting for The XX right now and blown away (seen them once in 2018 but this is great) - I'd do anything to be in the pyramid field once in my lifetime