BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

8 minutes ago, ghandi said:

Really enjoying Miley,  don't know her stuff, never bothered as not really my thing, but shes great. 

My only criticism of Miley is that there are too many covers. She has plenty of her own songs so it does come across weird.

She put on a great show but I don’t think it’s AS good as some people say on this forum. I think the set list falls a bit flat in points.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

My only criticism of Miley is that there are too many covers. She has plenty of her own songs so it does come across weird.

She put on a great show but I don’t think it’s AS good as some people say on this forum. I think the set list falls a bit flat in points.

Other than The Climb, what big songs of her own didn’t she play? 

Much better than Smelly Eilish over on the Other stage either way.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Other than The Climb, what big songs of her own didn’t she play? 

Much better than Smelly Eilish over on the Other stage either way.

Would of loved a bit of Can’t be Tamed and See you Again!

Also shh about smelly Eilish :P 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

There is one CURE for that on a Sunday ... 

Due to the lifting of some lockdown restrictions we have been dumped with a one year old and a three year old so any alcohol will have to wait.!  Meanwhile Kylie has been replaced on my virtual pyramid stage by peppa fucking pig. 

I like this size of tent. I've seen some great shows in something similar at Leeds Festival in the past. Bit more intimate than the current JP tent, but big enough to feel like an occasion. 

Some massive bands you look at old footage and think it would have been great to catch them at that point or its a shame they've ended up playing arenas, The Killers on the other hand have always been an arena band in waiting. Their headline set is better than this.

Just now, dingbat2 said:

Watched Nick Cave again from 2013 this afternoon, what a wondrous intense gig that was. That was a great year for great sets for me, Portishead, the Stones and Cave. Probably the year I replay most sets from on YouTube 

Portishead were immense, top three for me since 2009

5 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Some massive bands you look at old footage and think it would have been great to catch them at that point or its a shame they've ended up playing arenas, The Killers on the other hand have always been an arena band in waiting. Their headline set is better than this.

Mmmm interesting, this is only my point of view, but I always think the Killers are one of those bands who peaked with their first album which was superb and struggled to keep it up for future albums, although maintained a consistently high level of commerical success. I feel the same about Kasabin, Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire. Just my opinion though, I suspect it's mainly because I remember those first albums too fondly, and have been too lazy to spend enough time looking at their latest material.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dingbat2 said:

Mmmm interesting, this is only my point of view, but I always think the Killers are one of those bands who peaked with their first album which was superb and struggled to keep it up for future albums, although maintained a consistently high level of commerical success. I feel the same about Kasabin, Arctic Monkeys and Arcade Fire. Just my opinion though, I suspect it's mainly because I remember those first albums too fondly, and have been too lazy to spend enough time looking at their latest material.

its also easier to remember things being better  when we have youth and energy on our side :)