BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

21 hours ago, crocodiles said:

She was really good it was nice to see farm looking so good . I'd love them to go round and point out where everything is . I know they showed bits but it would be good to see whole site 

Morning fields.. Lolol oops.. Cheers old son 

1 hour ago, reflekting said:

Anyone at Coldplay 2011 vs 2016 have a preference? I was at the 2011 set and thoroughly enjoyed it, however the 2011 setlist included a lot more of the early stuff than 2016 which made it for me. I do love the visuals from the 2016 set though. 

I was at LCD Soundsystem in 2016 so have zero regrets. 

Wasn’t at the 2011 set but was at the 2016 set. For me the 11 set list was the better by far. God Put A Smile, Politik, In My Place and the stunning version of Life Is For Living, classic Coldplay songs. So 16 for the visuals 11 for the music. 

Edited by Field of Avalon

45 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

I would think it must be Dolly ? 

Her set is already on iplayer, doesnt seem they would want to make it that obvious. 

bummed they didnt add the 2010 highlights shown  yesterday. But the 2000 was great. 

Edited by Suprefan

7 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Bon Iver are more than due an Other Stage headline set.

Weird that he’s popped up several times over the years to guest with other artists but still hasn’t played a set of his own since ‘09. But yeah, one of these days this’ll actually happen hopefully...

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Weird that he’s popped up several times over the years to guest with other artists but still hasn’t played a set of his own since ‘09. But yeah, one of these days this’ll actually happen hopefully...

Very much so. After popping up at James Blake in 2016 and with 22, A Million released later that year, I thought 2017 was nailed on. Would be a lovely set.

2 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Very much so. After popping up at James Blake in 2016 and with 22, A Million released later that year, I thought 2017 was nailed on. Would be a lovely set.

It had to be on the cards, surely? Still baffled as to why it didn't happen. 

I must admit I'm still worried he's going to be given a Pyramid sub slot. Other headline has to be the one. He'll be back at some point for sure. 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Bon Iver (Other Stage, 2009) first up then...

I have no idea where I was whilst he was playing. Even looking at the clashfinder hasn't given me any clues.

Very enjoyable set that I clearly haven't watched back previously as it's the one and only time I know of where I'm prominently and repeatedly on camera...

Unbelievable he hasn't been back for his own set since! 

2 hours ago, reflekting said:

Anyone at Coldplay 2011 vs 2016 have a preference? I was at the 2011 set and thoroughly enjoyed it, however the 2011 setlist included a lot more of the early stuff than 2016 which made it for me. I do love the visuals from the 2016 set though. 

I was at LCD Soundsystem in 2016 so have zero regrets. 

I chose Chemical Brothers in 2011 but went Coldplay in 2016. Thought they absolutely smashed it in 2016. I do have some regrets over not going LCD as that is an amazing set but I saw them not long after at The Warehouse Project which was great and I doubt I'd choose to go to a Coldplay gig so it all worked out. The visuals were special in 2016 

2011 fancy pymild light show was the only thing that stirred me from an otherwise boring set. Shame on everyone that said Coldplay would win me over seeing them live, probably the most bored I've ever been at Glastonbury - and I watched nearly a whole Father John Misty set!

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Is it just me who thinks the fairy lights on the Park stage look a bit... naff?

A wee bit! Looks like they had some spare and thought it was a good idea to quickly fire them up!

that Michael Kiwanuka set is amazing though! First time I’ve seen it

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

I thougt there were far more flags in all the years up to about 2016 then it subsided a bit after the eavii asking people not to bring them. Nasty things

Just watching Dizzee Rascal and there is a flag in the crowd that says 'Do I look like I care if I'm spoiling your view?

Nice.