BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Doesn’t matter who ends the festival, whether it’s an act in the Avalon or Michael Eavis joining Coldplay on stage, it’s the moment when I realise that I might never be lucky enough to return and there’s a great sadness that descends on me.  That last wander about the site is a strange feeling, you can’t really explain it to anyone who hasn’t experienced it. 

I feel this at the end of every single glasto... but the reality is, if you want it bad enough, there is always a way. 

You might need to make sacrifices and change things up, but it’s always possible. 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Doesn’t matter who ends the festival, whether it’s an act in the Avalon or Michael Eavis joining Coldplay on stage, it’s the moment when I realise that I might never be lucky enough to return and there’s a great sadness that descends on me.  That last wander about the site is a strange feeling, you can’t really explain it to anyone who hasn’t experienced it. 

Exactly this 👆

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Kids got me up at 6.15 this morning. Another core part of the Glastonbury experience is the inconsiderate  bastards nearby who won’t let you get the sleep you need...

I like getting up early at G and getting my shit done (literally) and getting ready for the day while site snoozes and snores.

Quietly and considerately btw. 

Then have a tactical doze around midday. 

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Nail and head. 

42 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Inone respect I can’t wait for today to be over so that we can close the book on 2020 once and for all and fully focus on 2021.

Added stress of needing tickets first. This weekend has made me realise how badly I want to go! 🤞

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

One massive advantage to doing this at home.., The morning cup of tea is much better and you don’t have to queue for ages for it.

Mrs Semmtexx has just handed me a fresh brew. Lifesaver!

Anyone at Coldplay 2011 vs 2016 have a preference? I was at the 2011 set and thoroughly enjoyed it, however the 2011 setlist included a lot more of the early stuff than 2016 which made it for me. I do love the visuals from the 2016 set though. 

I was at LCD Soundsystem in 2016 so have zero regrets. 

Edited by reflekting

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I need to get Mrs J one in October/April. She wasn’t going this year as Mini Jass II has just been born, but she’s bang up for 12 months from now.

Jump into the resale thread mate! Good luck. Bringing the mini Jasses? Mine woke me up at 6 this morning asking "are you asleep?" 

I was 😆

Edited by semmtexx

6 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Yep.

Confident we’ll be successful in the resale, but October feels a long way off! 

Hoping it's not misplaced optimism but there may well be a fair few tickets for October. I mean who knows but definitely fingers crossed. Thankfully most of my mates got tickets and although that'll hurt if no joy it does mean lots of helpers for the day. Please please please ticket gods! 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We combine the first morning cuppa with using the excess water we heated to soak a flannel thus giving us a hot face and body rub. 

Full on glasto experience. Dedication to the cause! 👍