BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

10 minutes ago, Vidsidasta said:

For more techie info on T-Swift’s wristbands:

https://www.pixmob.com/projects/detail/taylor-swift-reputation-stadium-tour

Basically from what I can determine, each wristband acts as a pixel like in your TV or monitor, and the moving projector on or behind the stage activates each pixel as required by beaming stuff over the stadium.

Coldplay’s Xylobands operate by (I believe) blindly sending out a signal over a frequency that is different for each colour. That’s why they might start acting up near airports or the like.

I haven’t checked, but I imagine conspiracists would say they’re both more dangerous than 5G.

That sounds bloody awesome. Wondered if she'd be bringing it with her tonight, but then thought wouldn't you have to be up in the gods of a stadium to get the full picture so to speak?

Not going to click the link right now as watching stuff.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Right Bazza sounding a lot better here than I remember after watching videos in 2016. Can’t believe I decided to go with The Killers instead of the Barry/Chic double that year. 

I went for Haim - don't think you could really go wrong that afternoon!

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Right Bazza sounding a lot better here than I remember after watching videos in 2016. Can’t believe I decided to go with The Killers instead of the Barry/Chic double that year. 

Bazza wasn’t much for me personally. The enthusiasm from those that went to JP in our group told you who had the best day 

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Late 70s disco heaven that Sunday afternoon was.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

And so say all of us.  Watching tonight has really Been bittersweet. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Jesus man I fucking love this festival.

No words will ever get across what I feel for this place. 

So glad it's not just me. Feel a bit of a twat for feeling teary missing the place. I'm a grown man for God's sake! 

13 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Doesn’t matter who ends the festival, whether it’s an act in the Avalon or Michael Eavis joining Coldplay on stage, it’s the moment when I realise that I might never be lucky enough to return and there’s a great sadness that descends on me.  That last wander about the site is a strange feeling, you can’t really explain it to anyone who hasn’t experienced it. 

Out of upvotes.  Sorry.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

See what @Vidsidastasaid.

Had to google BTS. K-Pop right? Trying to picture what you mean but failing. Truck drivers can be notoriously full of shit at times. Sounded believable at the time. Be nice to know the reality of the situation.

This is what BTS and some other kpop acts are using, they call it a “bomb”. They were able to monetize it and sell them for $50  each and pretty much everyone at their concert has one. 

heres video too

1B0B6F6B-6986-46D5-9067-CD22DEB0E245.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Doesn’t matter who ends the festival, whether it’s an act in the Avalon or Michael Eavis joining Coldplay on stage, it’s the moment when I realise that I might never be lucky enough to return and there’s a great sadness that descends on me.  That last wander about the site is a strange feeling, you can’t really explain it to anyone who hasn’t experienced it. 

So true. It gives me great comfort at times to remember that my final wish will be to spend eternity in those fields.

Really enjoyed that Coldplay set. So many tears when Michael Eavis was singing (really well I might add!) My Way. Watching so much Glastonbury over the past few days has really got to me. That was beautiful xx

4 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

This is what BTS and some other kpop acts are using, they call it a “bomb”. They were able to monetize it and sell them for $50  each and pretty much everyone at their concert has one. 

heres video too

1B0B6F6B-6986-46D5-9067-CD22DEB0E245.jpeg

Reminds me of a North Korean mass games events.

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

We had people at all 3 (I was at LCD) and everyone was happy with their decision. One ended up at Jake Bugg. She was not happy

Yeah I went EWF I'm not unhappy with my decision, I had a great time, but I certainly regret not being at the other two. Anyone who chose Jake Bugg that night is mad in my books hahaha!

I do remember being beyond exhausted by the sunday night, it was so tiring being on your feet for so much of the day. My biggest fear in both 2017 and 2019 was a mud bath like that again. 

2 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Watching Mark Ronson back from 2015. Remember it was great fun and haven’t seen it back before. A stack of guests.

Lots of people on here said it was dreadful. I’ll give it a go tomorrow if the sun is out.

27 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

So true. It gives me great comfort at times to remember that my final wish will be to spend eternity in those fields.

Oh. That feeling. So true. 

"Where did that time go? Did I really make the best if it?".

I always try to get back on site on Monday after I've packed the car up to have a last wander (and wonder) and a bit of a scavenge (I keep meaning to start a thread about I feel the Monday has changed a bit over the years).

Anyway, I digress.

Really guys? Couldn't you have saved that sentiment until this time tomorrow ;).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I don't look to talk out of turn about the elderly but Jesus Hashtag Christ, how anyone can listen to that screech is beyond me. Fingernails down a blackboard.

Anyone remember The Hee Bee Gee Bees?

We got a one tune reunion in The Cabaret Tent recently. I couldn't believe it. 2017.