BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

The mud is awful. It always rains. There’s a lack of water drinking facilities. Full of hippies. The toilets keep you up all night. Music stops IMMEDIATELY after the headliner. The sniffer dogs are the best in the business. Only allowed a 4 pack of Dark Fruits all week. You are FORCED to take your tent home. So much effort.

edit: and you have to watch Chris Martin every year.

Edited by Bisque

6 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I retract my previous statement :).

Either way, it all looks very impressive - we took our various Xylobands from Manchester Etihad a few weeks earlier and were fully decked out for Coldplay at Glastonbury - they all still worked. We were very much glowing in the dark. Sorry, Coldplay lyric reference, I’ll leave now 

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Taylor Swift used them on her last tour.

See what @Vidsidastasaid.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

BTS uses a similar technology and made it truly re useable by making it a wand with a globe on it and it will work at any show of theirs. 

Had to google BTS. K-Pop right? Trying to picture what you mean but failing. Truck drivers can be notoriously full of shit at times. Sounded believable at the time. Be nice to know the reality of the situation.

For more techie info on T-Swift’s wristbands:

https://www.pixmob.com/projects/detail/taylor-swift-reputation-stadium-tour

Basically from what I can determine, each wristband acts as a pixel like in your TV or monitor, and the moving projector on or behind the stage activates each pixel as required by beaming stuff over the stadium.

Coldplay’s Xylobands operate by (I believe) blindly sending out a signal over a frequency that is different for each colour. That’s why they might start acting up near airports or the like.

I haven’t checked, but I imagine conspiracists would say they’re both more dangerous than 5G.

7 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Switched back to BBC2 to see if I was missing anything, just in time to see Barry Gibb crop up. Fuck that. 

Don't be going anywhere. You've got Michael Eavis coming on for a rendition of My Way soon

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Chatting shit about right Bazza? Away with ye

I don't look to talk out of turn about the elderly but Jesus Hashtag Christ, how anyone can listen to that screech is beyond me. Fingernails down a blackboard.

12 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Someone tell me how good Coldplay really were please. It looks immense. 

If you can tolerate the music and Chris Martin, a Coldplay concert (in particular, stadium or festival concerts) is worth every penny. They are as good as they look.

Don’t know how they’ll be on the next tour since Chris Martin is going all carbon-neutral, but I’m sure he’ll change his mind when someone invents a new type of self-illuminating glittery confetti.

Edited by Vidsidasta

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Right Bazza sounding a lot better here than I remember after watching videos in 2016. Can’t believe I decided to go with The Killers instead of the Barry/Chic double that year. 

I have that over chic and Portishead. 

Doesn’t matter who ends the festival, whether it’s an act in the Avalon or Michael Eavis joining Coldplay on stage, it’s the moment when I realise that I might never be lucky enough to return and there’s a great sadness that descends on me.  That last wander about the site is a strange feeling, you can’t really explain it to anyone who hasn’t experienced it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5