BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

2 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Did everyone just get given those wristbands at Coldplay? Campsite crew in darble had us collecting bags of rubbish to get them 😆

They were being handed out at The Pymild throughout the day I heard.

Just now, Bisque said:

It says www.xylobands.com on the back of my Glasto one, my other is boxed up somewhere.

Made in China (obviously) Regular Ltd.

The driver I spoke to may also have mentioned something about they also bought the patent for the technology or something. Made sense to me at the time. How come you've never seen other acts use them? 'cause Coldplay Ltd. won't let them possibly. (I guess it may also be, as you said, the cost).

I'm sure Adele was marvellous if you were there but managed 4 songs on TV before I got bored. Coldplay was a weird one, loved their 2011 set but the albums released subsequently were shite. Still wasn't sure if I did the right thing by not bothering with them in 2016, loads of praise for the set but it's not great. Switched off.

Meanwhile on BBC4 Best of Glastonbury 2000 it went straight fro Chemical Brothers to Toploader. One for the purists.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Taylor Swift used them at her Reputation shows.

We got ours whilst watching ELO.

Taylor Swift didn’t use Xylobands - it was a different technology using some kind of invisible projection (im not an expert), unlike xylobands which use radio.

That’s how Taylor Swift’s bands could have patterns and waves broadcast across the stadium, whereas Coldplay’s just turned on or off based on their colour.

Just now, Vidsidasta said:

Taylor Swift didn’t use Xylobands - it was a different technology using some kind of invisible projection (im not an expert), unlike xylobands which use radio.

That’s how Taylor Swift’s bands could have patterns and waves broadcast across the stadium, whereas Coldplay’s just turned on or off based on their colour.

I also stand corrected 

Just now, Vidsidasta said:

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I also stand corrected 

I retract my previous statement :).

15 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

The driver I spoke to may also have mentioned something about they also bought the patent for the technology or something. Made sense to me at the time. How come you've never seen other acts use them? 'cause Coldplay Ltd. won't let them possibly. (I guess it may also be, as you said, the cost).

Taylor Swift used similar things on her last tour. BTS uses a similar technology and made it truly re useable by making it a wand with a globe on it and it will work at any show of theirs. 

Edited by Suprefan