BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

So are we in agreement it’s either Adele or Beyoncé for set of the decade?

Sure Stones would get a lot of votes but those two are about as good as it gets IMO. 

I wasn't at any of them but trying to think about it objectively I think those three and Stormzy are probably the best ones of the last decade. I'd have The Cure, The Killers and Coldplay (2016) not far behind though.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Now that the hurt/heal game is over for another year I was actually thinking about doing some sort of “set of all time” vote.

Didn’t we do this a few years back? Blur won if I remember correctly. 

Since its going to be an endless Chris Martin pile on party right now, heres a random nugget. I have a guitar thats been used on the Pyramid Stage. In 2005 when Coldplay were touring and of course headlined, Chris Martin had this Vox Guitar that he played during Yellow. You can look it up on youtube to see. Flash forward to 6 months later and he is playing a radio gig in the u.s. He ends up breaking the headstock off while attempting to pop a balloon that was floating around during the song. Just happened to be in the right spot on barricade and he hands it to me. Photo evidence of the guitar and when he did it below. Personally Coldplay has slowly gone downhill since the 3rd album and there arent enough rolling eye emojis I could post to tell you how I feel about em now. BUT, I cant totally hate them because I got a damn guitar from the guy. 🤷🏻‍♂️

4B33AAF2-7696-4612-BB6F-A303818F1E1B.jpeg

CC1678D5-D069-4450-853F-80972D8A0ED0.jpeg

E5D61C9D-1F77-4C5E-8A61-B097038BCB15.jpeg

539899D3-612E-49E6-8A14-F01AA12B0098.jpeg

65FFB43C-1944-417A-8C7C-A9B41BAAA771.jpeg

• Like 1

Blur was 2009, so are we including it as best of the decade - ie 2009-2019? 

If so, I personally think it's the best (and I missed that year).

Not a huge Coldplay fan but the 2016 set coming up next was certainly a masterclass in how to put on a show though.