BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I can tell you that they didnt check the video they uploaded onto the website. Its only  1.4 gb from downloading it. The headline sets have been in the 3 - 4 gb range file size wise. If you want there is a great quality version floating around if you wanted it. Lana, Metallica and Lorde are some others that are low quality.

kasabian 2014 is on iplayer. If you check the individual year mini sites for a glasto year theres extra content thats not visibile on the main one. Theres going to be a 2011 highlights program tonight.

Thanks fella (and others who've said similar), will hunt it out!

9 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

So was I till 3 am Gutted

Same. Well not the gutted bit. One of my favourite years despite working and the conditions (my bar last year was way worse behind the scenes, despite the heat (bad plumbing)).

Adele was a proper "the streets are deserted" moment and we let one of our staff shoot off to watch her as long as she promised to come back and help us "box off", an expression she had never heard before apparently.

"You know, clear up, put everything 'back in it's box', so to speak".

We could hear it from where we were when the tent next door wasn't blasting out cheese.

2 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Adele was never my thing. Was steadfast before the festival that I wouldn't see her under any circumstance. Went from Fat Boy Slim to the Pyramid and proceeded to have one of the best 2 hours of my life - so much so that I cried through Set The Rain on Fire. 

That's what Glastonbury is all about

Set Fire to the Rain is an incredible song tbf. Her best one, or my favourite at least. 

11 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Makes me so happy to see stories like this. I've always been a big advocate of them anyway and don't think they deserve their bad reputation, but that set especially was just magical 

Same. I know Coldplay aren't the most popular act on here, but I definitely recommend people stick around later and giving them a go. For me, it was a perfect festival headline set.

Enjoying Adele now - especially the chat! Was at M83 during this, which was also excellent.

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

Same. Well not the gutted bit. One of my favourite years despite working and the conditions (my bar last year was way worse behind the scenes, despite the heat (bad plumbing)).

Adele was a proper "the streets are deserted" moment and we let one of our staff shoot off to watch her as long as she promised to come back and help us "box off", an expression she had never heard before apparently.

"You know, clear up, put everything 'back in it's box', so to speak".

We could hear it from where we were when the tent next door wasn't blasting out cheese.

Our Bar manager managed to slip away to watch Adele which was one of the reasons I was gutted !!!

Just now, Lubic87 said:

Same. I know Coldplay aren't the most popular act on here, but I definitely recommend people stick around later and giving them a go. For me, it was a perfect festival headline set.

Enjoying Adele now - especially the chat! Was at M83 during this, which was also excellent.

It’s a big ask at Glastonbury as there’s always so much good stuff going on, but one year I wouldn’t be averse to seeing Coldplay due to a lack of anything else that interests me on at the same time, although I feel the further in to their career they get the further away my interest in them lies. 

3 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

Our Bar manager managed to slip away to watch Adele which was one of the reasons I was gutted !!!

Quite a few snuck off from ours for Kylie this year.

Tbf my kind of unspoken opposite number did offer to cover for me, but I value my volunteering spot way to much to risk pulling stunts like that.

I've noticed managers/team leaders never seem to be around during the Sunday Legend slot.

2 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Carly Simon is the best though

Definitely. That opening piano riff sets me off.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

That was my favourite set of 2019, I think!

It really was quite something, wasn't it? 

I regrettably left to meet some mates at Jungle so we had a good group for the Chems. But did see her on two other occasions on that tour so could be worse.