BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

22 minutes ago, sisco said:

I’m a little behind but I find it really random that the AM drummer has a Royal Blood T Shirt on in 2013, hadn’t even realised they were about then!

This has been covered but it caused a mini online sensation for RB at the time.

1 minute ago, zeppelin said:

I'll never forget the moment Bruce walked onstage in the John Peel tent to join Gaslight. Really was quite a special day. 

Watched that set earlier today. Never heard a louder pop at a gig than that and doubt I ever will.

I got bit by the Springsteen bug big time a couple of years ago and this has put a huge smile on my face. Looking at his setlist I can see why he garnered a bit of flack, but you wouldn’t know that from this video now - shit hot.

Edited by FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Beaver89 said:

Springsteen really was 'peak flag' wasn't it...

Partly why I left fairly early. Couldn't really see a thing and the cameras were struggling to get decent shots for the screens.

Selfish attention seeking arseholes.

26 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

No flags in '95?

Had only just started being televised, maybe nobody thought to bring a massive flag to draw attention to themselves ("I'm hilarious, I'll let everyone know I love sausage" etc.)

5 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Easily one of my best gigs ever. The wristbands made The Pyramid look better than it's ever been.

I preferred their 2011 set, there was anticipation in our group to see them as we were skint uni students who couldn’t afford one of their gigs. We all went together, bringing friends from colleges & uni together, it was brilliant. Especially when the Pyramid lit up.

2015 was great too & managed to get a wristband seeing them at The Emirates.

7 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Definitely wasn't a fan. Don't think I was intending to go. Then a kind stranger gave me a spare wristband and I thought I'd check it out.

Easily one of my best gigs ever. The wristbands made The Pyramid look better than it's ever been. And when they bought out Barry Gibb I was just gobsmacked and floored (I've owned the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack forever (nearly forty years by that point). It's still a dance/disco classic).

Never been a big fan of coldplay but went along that night and was so glad I did it was a phenomenal experience