BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

1 minute ago, sisco said:

I’m a little behind but I find it really random that the AM drummer has a Royal Blood T Shirt on in 2013, hadn’t even realised they were about then!

IIRC him wearing their merch was a pretty big factor in them gaining the momentum they did right at the beginning. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

IIRC him wearing their merch was a pretty big factor in them gaining the momentum they did right at the beginning. 

Makes sense.  Just read up on it and they supported them at Finsbury Park too.  Everyday is a school day

Just now, sisco said:

Makes sense.  Just read up on it and they supported them at Finsbury Park too.  Everyday is a school day

Yeah pretty sure they supported them on the summer their album came out and were all regularly talking about them between their first EP (which I have signed...somewhere) and their album release. 

7 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

They're a great live band with some amazing staging and great sing alongs. I think my main issue is just their recent out put of music (we're talking 10 years worth now) There's probably 2 maybe 3 songs from it that I actually want to hear them play. I got to see them on the Viva La Vida tour and it was great fun, but I've always chosen to see anyone else. 

Yep don’t knock them until you tried them, we went because a few in our group wanted to and loved them they are great live

Did someone tell Bruce to get rid of the 'No Surrender' sign he placed at the front of the monitor?

Edit....song title or not I wonder if he was advised of any potential sensitivities?

Edited by Copperface

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

2016 was the best gig I've ever been to. Though they are great beyond just Glastonbury, always an uplifting show with a great performance, show and euphoric singalong. Every time. 

Definitely wasn't a fan. Don't think I was intending to go. Then a kind stranger gave me a spare wristband and I thought I'd check it out.

Easily one of my best gigs ever. The wristbands made The Pyramid look better than it's ever been. And when they bought out Barry Gibb I was just gobsmacked and floored (I've owned the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack forever (nearly forty years by that point). It's still a dance/disco classic).

Springsteen really was 'peak flag' wasn't it...

I've just been overcome with an irrational anger at the sight of the I Heart Sausages flag that plagued years on end. As I understand it it came from a stall, they got warned not to take it to the stage areas, they did it again and they had their stall revoked from then on. Karma.